PDA

View Full Version : Disgraceful Barcelona worship from the BBC

Mo Britain less Europe
06-27-2016, 08:06 AM
Their headline is not "Chile win Copa America" but "Messi retires from international football".

So the egalitarian publicly-funded body is after all a secret admirer of individualism and selfishness.

redgunamo
06-27-2016, 08:39 AM
Their headline is not "Chile win Copa America" but "Messi retires from international football".

So the egalitarian publicly-funded body is after all a secret admirer of individualism and selfishness.

Alexis came off injured last night apparently.

Oh, well. Juventus' problem now, I suppose :-(

Luis Anaconda
06-27-2016, 09:08 AM

the headline Messi retires from international football is for a story about Messi retiring from international football. Would have been a bit weird to put your suggestion in

PSRB
06-27-2016, 09:08 AM
Alexis came off injured last night apparently.

Oh, well. Juventus' problem now, I suppose :-(

I think he was just substituted as had ran himself into the ground, no mention anywhere of an injury

redgunamo
06-27-2016, 09:15 AM
I think he was just substituted as had ran himself into the ground, no mention anywhere of an injury

Oh, good. We may get a decent price for him then. ****ers.

SWv2
06-27-2016, 09:24 AM

Messi retiring is probably a bigger story.

Mo Britain less Europe
06-27-2016, 09:28 AM
It shouldn't be. Messi is one player and football is bigger than any one player.

Luis Anaconda
06-27-2016, 09:37 AM
It shouldn't be. Messi is one player and football is bigger than any one player.

It was a sham of a competition squeezed into the schedules to appease the money men - no one really cared who won. Messi retiring from international football is a much bigger story and not in any way as you, in your drama-queen way, describe it "disgraceful Barcelona worshipping

Sir C
06-27-2016, 09:38 AM
It was a sham of a competition squeezed into the schedules to appease the money men - no one really cared who won. Messi retiring from international football is a much bigger story and not in any way as you, in your drama-queen way, describe it "disgraceful Barcelona worshipping

Do the Germans think they're going to win it now, la?

I'm a bit concerned about Belgium :-(

SWv2
06-27-2016, 09:39 AM

Very true M, simply a view on how modern football is seen by the media and Messi is still the biggest name and best player on the planet. His retirement, which when read in the context of his missed penalty and their 3rd successive Final loss, is the story - not Arsenal's Alexis Sanchez plus 10 other relative 'strangers' win a Cup.

I expect where Jordan Henderson to retire after this Euros you would want to see that on the front page of all your newspapers.

Luis Anaconda
06-27-2016, 09:43 AM
Do the Germans think they're going to win it now, la?

I'm a bit concerned about Belgium :-(

The Germans always think they are going to win it. Belgium are a worry - at least they will stop Wales winning it. My money was on Croatia to stop them in the semis but those Portugueezers put an end to that. Have to say Germany v Spain/Italy will be a bit tasty

7sisters
06-27-2016, 10:03 AM
The Germans always think they are going to win it. Belgium are a worry - at least they will stop Wales winning it. My money was on Croatia to stop them in the semis but those Portugueezers put an end to that. Have to say Germany v Spain/Italy will be a bit tasty

Do they still take to their cars following a win and drive about the streets honking their horns and celebrating with teutonic gusto ?

Luis Anaconda
06-27-2016, 10:30 AM
Do they still take to their cars following a win and drive about the streets honking their horns and celebrating with teutonic gusto ?

Oh god, yes, 7. Popped out between games yesterday and there was the sort of police presence on Leopoldstrasse that you would expect at a Norh London derby

redgunamo
06-27-2016, 05:16 PM

:-|

http://news.arseblog.com/2016/06/alexis-posts-pictures-of-hugely-swollen-ankle/?utm_campaign=autotwitter&utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitter