PDA

View Full Version : Well done Labour for another shambles :clap:

Tony C
06-27-2016, 07:36 AM
Couldn't even just send 1 email to Jezza and the media with all of the resigning....nope had to do 1 every hour and turn it into an absolute circus....

Mo Britain less Europe
06-27-2016, 08:07 AM
It's like... a plot? It's tactics?

Oddly enough one of the short plays in the fairly execrable "A View From Islington North" at the Arts Theatre deals with this very scenario. Except I think David Hare thought the danger had now passed!

Burney
06-27-2016, 08:21 AM
It's like... a plot? It's tactics?

Oddly enough one of the short plays in the fairly execrable "A View From Islington North" at the Arts Theatre deals with this very scenario. Except I think David Hare thought the danger had now passed!

The thing is that they're stuck in this vicious cycle where the MPs can keep rendering Corbyn unable to lead, but the membership will still vote for him if he's challenged. Literally the only way it can be resolved is by him stepping aside, but he's not going to do it because the left of the party know that if he goes, they'll never get another chance at leading.

Mo Britain less Europe
06-27-2016, 08:26 AM
It will only end if/when Corbyn is crushed at a general election. But that depends on the Tories not dragging themselves down into the abyss.

Burney
06-27-2016, 08:31 AM
It will only end if/when Corbyn is crushed at a general election. But that depends on the Tories not dragging themselves down into the abyss.

Oh, I'm sure they're praying that Corbyn stays in place long enough for them to go to the country with whoever's in charge.

Sir C
06-27-2016, 08:37 AM
Oh, I'm sure they're praying that Corbyn stays in place long enough for them to go to the country with whoever's in charge.

If Corbyn does step down I'm definitely paying my 3 quid to vote for Winnie Abbott :hehe:

Burney
06-27-2016, 08:40 AM
If Corbyn does step down I'm definitely paying my 3 quid to vote for Winnie Abbott :hehe:

:hehe: Even they wouldn't be that stupid, would they? Would they?

It sounds to me like thon bum-faced fat lad Watson is trying to position himself as a compromise candidate in place of Corbyn.

redgunamo
06-27-2016, 08:48 AM

The thing these people don't seem to get is the difference between being a government and behaving like an abandoned wife; Boris may be a liar but at least you can trust him. If you follow me.

Even David Cameron: We lost, I resign. No messing. Responsibilty, you see. Leadership.

Burney
06-27-2016, 08:56 AM
The thing these people don't seem to get is the difference between being a government and behaving like an abandoned wife; Boris may be a liar but at least you can trust him. If you follow me.

Even David Cameron: We lost, I resign. No messing. Responsibilty, you see. Leadership.

Quite. There was always bound to be toy-throwing and tantrums whoever won. However, people really are going to have to grow up and get on with it sooner rather than later.

Sir C
06-27-2016, 09:01 AM
Quite. There was always bound to be toy-throwing and tantrums whoever won. However, people really are going to have to grow up and get on with it sooner rather than later.

I kind of expected the tantrums, but it's the unashamed anger and revulsion against those dirty unwashed masses who have dared to express an opinion which I find quite surprising. Actually, no; I'm not surprised that the liberal left is revolted by hoi polloi, but that they're now prepared to expressed it so openly and with such vehemence.

Mo Britain less Europe
06-27-2016, 09:06 AM
Basically we are being told that democracy is only acceptable when the result suits the intelligentsia.

Burney
06-27-2016, 09:06 AM
I kind of expected the tantrums, but it's the unashamed anger and revulsion against those dirty unwashed masses who have dared to express an opinion which I find quite surprising. Actually, no; I'm not surprised that the liberal left is revolted by hoi polloi, but that they're now prepared to expressed it so openly and with such vehemence.

Yup. The class divisions are so clear and raw that it's quite shocking. You have people effectively saying 'Let's have another referendum because the working class voted in this one and ruined it with their stupid ideas'. It's genuinely shocking to hear Labour supporters who pretty explicitly want to disenfranchise the white working classes in order to appease the middle classes.

Burney
06-27-2016, 09:08 AM
Basically we are being told that democracy is only acceptable when the result suits the intelligentsia.

It does rather explicitly make the point that nothing scares the EU and its supporters more than actual democracy - which was kind of why a lot of us voted Leave in the first place.

redgunamo
06-27-2016, 09:10 AM
It does rather explicitly make the point that nothing scares the EU and its supporters more than actual democracy - which was kind of why a lot of us voted Leave in the first place.

Indeed

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bn3R0BvCUAAj7Dl.jpg

Burney
06-27-2016, 09:15 AM
Indeed

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bn3R0BvCUAAj7Dl.jpg

:hehe: Wd german graffitists. Silly of whoever approved that poster not to see that could be done, tbh.

Tony C
06-27-2016, 09:19 AM
Looooooooooooooool