PDA

View Full Version : Gracious me, but there's an awful lot of hysteria about.

Sir C
06-24-2016, 08:28 AM
Is the sky going to fall on our heads?

Burney
06-24-2016, 08:30 AM

Who cares? The thought of Polly Toynbee's face right now makes it all worthwhile :hehe:

Just Trent
06-24-2016, 08:30 AM
:nod: we might have to go and live in the North.

Sir C
06-24-2016, 08:33 AM

I'm up for that, if it means I don't have to listen to the bien pensant chattering classes wailing like girls.

redgunamo
06-24-2016, 08:33 AM

Indeed. Kidneys & bacon & beer for breakfast today :eat:

Burney
06-24-2016, 08:34 AM

Hang on, what now? :yikes: I don't remember that being part of the deal.

Actually, strictly speaking, I live north of Watford now, so I already do live in the north.

PSRB
06-24-2016, 08:34 AM

There are people in our office (mostly women, it has to be said), that are genuinely offended by my vote and refusing to speak to me. They even threw at me that one has a degree in Economics and she says we're ****ed, so we must be

I of course am not helping matters by being incredibly smug

Sir C
06-24-2016, 08:37 AM
There are people in our office (mostly women, it has to be said), that are genuinely offended by my vote and refusing to speak to me. They even threw at me that one has a degree in Economics and she says we're ****ed, so we must be

You're brave :hehe:

Burney
06-24-2016, 08:42 AM

I had a colleague from New Zealand (New Zealand, ffs!) flounce in this morning and sarcastically offer her congratulations and ask if I wanted Farage for Prime Minister since I obviously liked him so much. I simply ignored her and somehow forebore from pointing out that she is welcome to **** off back to her tedious, sheep-infested ****hole of a home country if this one's democratic wishes offend her so much.

How long I will forebear from doing so if she sees fit to offer me any more of her leaden wit remains to be seen, however.

Sir C
06-24-2016, 08:44 AM
Indeed. Kidneys & bacon & beer for breakfast today :eat:

Devilled? I love a devilled kidney. Made with good old English Tabasco and proper English mustard, naturally.

Burney
06-24-2016, 08:46 AM
Devilled? I love a devilled kidney. Made with good old English Tabasco and proper English mustard, naturally.

My shawarma is marinating in the fridge as we speak. I'm awfully excited. I've even learned how to make that nice garlic sauce to go with it. Can't find a recipe for a proper shawarma chilli sauce, though.

Sir C
06-24-2016, 08:51 AM
My shawarma is marinating in the fridge as we speak. I'm awfully excited. I've even learned how to make that nice garlic sauce to go with it. Can't find a recipe for a proper shawarma chilli sauce, though.

Good work. I look forward to the report.

I made the garlic tahini sauce for koftes the other day. It was pretty good.

I've got a shoulder of pork sitting in its dry rub awaiting an 8 hour cook tomorrow. First chance to try the Smokenator!

Burney
06-24-2016, 08:54 AM
Good work. I look forward to the report.

I made the garlic tahini sauce for koftes the other day. It was pretty good.

I've got a shoulder of pork sitting in its dry rub awaiting an 8 hour cook tomorrow. First chance to try the Smokenator!

I wish you joy of it. However, I do worry that - however good it may be - it may be beneath your dignity to use something that calls itself a 'Smokenator'. :-(

Fear not - you shall receive tediously exhaustive photographic updates of the shawarma situation as it develops. There's every chance I may set fire to my kitchen, of course.

Herbette Chapman - aged 15
06-24-2016, 09:36 AM
How long I will forebear from doing so if she sees fit to offer me any more of her leaden wit remains to be seen, however.

G'warn wit ye B. You won't be treating the hapless Kiwi to a dose of your pungent invective. You're a keyboard warrior.

Pat Vegas
06-24-2016, 09:48 AM

There are some proper ****ing morons going mental today.
Apparently 17.4 million people are racists. :rolleyes:

Burney
06-24-2016, 09:54 AM
There are some proper ****ing morons going mental today.
Apparently 17.4 million people are racists. :rolleyes:

Oh, yes. Didn't you know that every single person who voted Leave is basically a knuckle-dragging, illiterate Nazi, while everyone who voted Remain is basically a mash up of Jesus Christ and Stephen Hawking?

Mo Britain less Europe
06-24-2016, 10:08 AM
Oh, yes. Didn't you know that every single person who voted Leave is basically a knuckle-dragging, illiterate Nazi, while everyone who voted Remain is basically a mash up of Jesus Christ and Stephen Hawking?

How would you crucify someone with locked-in syndrome????