PDA

View Full Version : So it's looking like remain unless the bookies have got it horribly wrong.

Billy Goat Sverige
06-23-2016, 01:47 PM
http://i3.mirror.co.uk/incoming/article5538194.ece/ALTERNATES/s1227b/Status-Quo.jpg

Burney
06-23-2016, 01:51 PM
http://i3.mirror.co.uk/incoming/article5538194.ece/ALTERNATES/s1227b/Status-Quo.jpg

That's my guess. Polls are all well within the margin for error, though. :shrug:

The Jorge
06-23-2016, 01:51 PM

Yeah, though I seem to remember the same thing being said at the General Election and then it all going to **** when the polls closed.

I miss suicidally inclined Tory berni, this new smug won isnt nearly as endearing.

Pat Vegas
06-23-2016, 02:09 PM

I don't see how they could possibly know.

Burney
06-23-2016, 02:15 PM
I don't see how they could possibly know.

Bookies always know when the fix is in, f. It's their job.

Pat Vegas
06-23-2016, 02:19 PM
Bookies always know when the fix is in, f. It's their job.

I feel very sad about this stuff Berni, regardless the result I feel the damage is done.

That aside I thought in life people are usually encouraged to take chances and venture into the unknown. rather than play it safe.
Also I think the votes should not be counted during the night :hehe: I've done some night shifts in my time and it's not a place for complicated tasks like counting.

Burney
06-23-2016, 02:28 PM
I feel very sad about this stuff Berni, regardless the result I feel the damage is done.

That aside I thought in life people are usually encouraged to take chances and venture into the unknown. rather than play it safe.
Also I think the votes should not be counted during the night :hehe: I've done some night shifts in my time and it's not a place for complicated tasks like counting.

Sadly, a lot of people are cringing, unprincipled cowards, f. They do what they're told by the big man from the government/bank/whatever because he tells them terrible things will happen otherwise. :shrug:

I know what you mean about nightshifts. I used to do nights in a refrigerated warehouse. It was the most desperate place you've ever seen. The poor *******s were so cold, knackered and miserable, they used to cheer themselves up by howling 'CUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUNNNNNNNNNNTTTTTTT!' at the tops of their voices so it echoed round the place. :-(

I was once given a lift home by a black bloke called Socrates. Being a fresh-faced 19 year-old I said: 'Like the philosopher, you mean?' He'd named himself after the footballer when he was young (?!), had never heard of the philosopher and thought I was taking the piss :-(

Pat Vegas
06-23-2016, 02:35 PM
:hehe: I always felt the hours between 3 and 5 were the worst. Worked nights in the hotel a few times and had a stint as the spare night manager :-( Then did security.

One day I was sent to another site to cover. did the patrols and that then this over enthusiastic fella who worked there showed me his photo collection of castles. I said that's a nice castle. 'THAT'S NOT A CASTLE IT'S A FORT!' :That told me

After ages of these photos he then said to me it's time get the party started. He then started playing episodes of Sharpe on his laptop.

Burney
06-23-2016, 02:41 PM
:hehe: I always felt the hours between 3 and 5 were the worst. Worked nights in the hotel a few times and had a stint as the spare night manager :-( Then did security.

One day I was sent to another site to cover. did the patrols and that then this over enthusiastic fella who worked there showed me his photo collection of castles. I said that's a nice castle. 'THAT'S NOT A CASTLE IT'S A FORT!' :That told me

After ages of these photos he then said to me it's time get the party started. He then started playing episodes of Sharpe on his laptop.

:hehe: Quality. Mind you, Sharpe is ace. It has Sean Bean in it saying things like 'Me mother was a whore and I were born in a brothel'. Doesn't get better than that.

The Jorge
06-23-2016, 02:42 PM
:hehe: Quality. Mind you, Sharpe is ace. It has Sean Bean in it saying things like 'Me mother was a whore and I were born in a brothel'. Doesn't get better than that.

So he's basically a white Richard Prior?

Burney
06-23-2016, 02:50 PM
So he's basically a white Richard Prior?

Exactly. But with fewer tedious jokes and more killing of Frenchmen, besting of cowardly toffs and bedding of posh totty (that's basically the plot to every Sharpe episode ever, btw).

The Jorge
06-23-2016, 03:05 PM
Exactly. But with fewer tedious jokes and more killing of Frenchmen, besting of cowardly toffs and bedding of posh totty (that's basically the plot to every Sharpe episode ever, btw).

Way to refute those hard on for war accusations.

Honestly, Pryor is tedious? My word

Luis Anaconda
06-23-2016, 03:06 PM
Sadly, a lot of people are cringing, unprincipled cowards, f. They do what they're told by the big man from the government/bank/whatever because he tells them terrible things will happen otherwise. :shrug:

I:-(

How else would we get Conservative governments otherwise, b?

redgunamo
06-23-2016, 03:06 PM
on ya whole ****in' life.

"I'll put ya **** wife on the street to be ****ed in the ass by niggers and Puerto Ricans. Ya kid's mine because I bought it. You got him on loan, he is leased, you are renting him. I'll whack out ya whole family. People'll be eatin' 'em in their lunch tomorrow in their Wimpy burgers and not know it.

"You get paid what I say. You do what I say, I run you, there is no discussion. I want, you work, until you are burned-out, you are busted, or you're dead... you get it? You got responsibilities - tighten up n' do it."

.. As the man said :nod:

I know what you mean about nightshifts. I used to do nights in a refrigerated warehouse. It was the most desperate place you've ever seen. The poor *******s were so cold, knackered and miserable, they used to cheer themselves up by howling 'CUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUNNNNNNNNNNTTTTTTT!' at the tops of their voices so it echoed round the place. :-(

I was once given a lift home by a black bloke called Socrates. Being a fresh-faced 19 year-old I said: 'Like the philosopher, you mean?' He'd named himself after the footballer when he was young (?!), had never heard of the philosopher and thought I was taking the piss :-(

The Jorge
06-23-2016, 03:12 PM

Steady on Ben Elton

Burney
06-23-2016, 03:17 PM
on ya whole ****in' life.

"I'll put ya **** wife on the street to be ****ed in the ass by niggers and Puerto Ricans. Ya kid's mine because I bought it. You got him on loan, he is leased, you are renting him. I'll whack out ya whole family. People'll be eatin' 'em in their lunch tomorrow in their Wimpy burgers and not know it.

"You get paid what I say. You do what I say, I run you, there is no discussion. I want, you work, until you are burned-out, you are busted, or you're dead... you get it? You got responsibilities - tighten up n' do it."

.. As the man said :nod:

I haven't actually seen that one. Sounds good.

Burney
06-23-2016, 03:18 PM
Way to refute those hard on for war accusations.

Honestly, Pryor is tedious? My word

He's alright. Overrated, though - like all these comics.

redgunamo
06-23-2016, 03:21 PM
I haven't actually seen that one. Sounds good.

In the film, it's actually a local syndicate boss talking to one of his minions, but the point is, I suppose, that it could be *any* boss talking to any employee.

Burney
06-23-2016, 03:23 PM

You joke, of course, but it's actually how we end up with every single government we get. Every election, people choose that which they think will suit their pockets and that which they find least scary. And then these self-same voters spend the next five years moaning about how ineffectual and unprincipled they are and how they're all the same no matter who you vote for, etc, etc.

OF COURSE THEY ARE, DICKHEAD - THAT'S WHAT YOU VOTED FOR! :shrug:

The Jorge
06-23-2016, 03:23 PM
He's alright. Overrated, though - like all these comics.

I dunno, Calin is overrated, Pryor is overrated. I suppose Hicks and Louis CK are overrated too, eh?

Gimme a couple of underrated wons please, just for the sake of some balance

Burney
06-23-2016, 03:24 PM
In the film, it's actually a local syndicate boss talking to one of his minions, but the point is, I suppose, that it could be *any* boss talking to any employee.

I think IUFG would take issue with some of the language and threats, tbh. Threatening to put your employee's wife on the streets to be ****ed in the ass by niggers and Puerto Ricans is pretty certain to end in an expensive tribunal imo.

Burney
06-23-2016, 03:26 PM
I dunno, Calin is overrated, Pryor is overrated. I suppose Hicks and Louis CK are overrated too, eh?

Gimme a couple of underrated wons please, just for the sake of some balance

No, I mean that these days we overrate the value of the whole stand up comic thing horribly.

They're just people who tell jokes at the end of the day. :shrug:

SWv2
06-23-2016, 03:30 PM
I think IUFG would take issue with some of the language and threats, tbh. Threatening to put your employee's wife on the streets to be ****ed in the ass by niggers and Puerto Ricans is pretty certain to end in an expensive tribunal imo.

We have long since established that IUFG is the office banter killjoy with his silly modern HR rules and guidelines.

Burney
06-23-2016, 03:36 PM
We have long since established that IUFG is the office banter killjoy with his silly modern HR rules and guidelines.

Of course. It's ridicules not being able to threaten to pimp out your employee's wife to the local multi-ethnic community without some busybody getting involved, but there you are. Health and safety and political correctness gone mad.

redgunamo

Message reported to Chris Gayle, imo. And that reporter dollybird who spent a refreshing evening discussing his cock with him.

redgunamo
No, I mean that these days we overrate the value of the whole stand up comic thing horribly.

They're just people who tell jokes at the end of the day. :shrug:

Right. Sir Bob Hope was the original and also the best.

Sir C
06-23-2016, 03:46 PM
Message reported to Chris Gayle, imo. And that reporter dollybird who spent a refreshing evening discussing his cock with him.

Gentlemen, gentlemen! Such language, for shame!

There may be ladies present. I suggest that, to be safe, we behave as if there are.

Burney
06-23-2016, 03:49 PM

There may be ladies present. I suggest that, to be safe, we behave as if there are.

My dear chap, there hasn't been a lady on here since the old King died.

Darren's Dodgy Denim
06-23-2016, 03:51 PM
In the event of a Remain win, is it safe to assume, that most of awimb's Britishers will consider to relocate to the Colonies? Such as they are in this moment of time.

Sir C
06-23-2016, 03:53 PM
My dear chap, there hasn't been a lady on here since the old King died.

We don't know that, do we? For all we know, jorge might be secretly trans. IUFG might be tucking his winkie up between his thighs and staring longingly into the mirror whilst calling zeself Shirley. This bad language may well be triggering.

There's a part of me that's disappointed about this apparent Remain vote, you know. There's a little bit of me that's in the mood to chuck everything up in the air and see where the pieces fall.

redgunamo
06-23-2016, 03:53 PM

Quite right. I apologise for any offence caused to any ladies present without reservation.

Burney
06-23-2016, 03:54 PM

Talking of which, interesting article mo.Mind you, bowlers always whine.

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/blog/2016/jun/23/cricket-big-bats-sixes-rein-size

redgunamo
06-23-2016, 03:55 PM
In the event of a Remain win, is it safe to assume, that most of awimb's Britishers will consider to relocate to the Colonies? Such as they are in this moment of time.

Not at all. You don't just stop playing football because you lost a game, do you.

redgunamo
06-23-2016, 03:57 PM
We don't know that, do we? For all we know, jorge might be secretly trans. IUFG might be tucking his winkie up between his thighs and staring longingly into the mirror whilst calling zeself Shirley. This bad language may well be triggering.

There's a part of me that's disappointed about this apparent Remain vote, you know. There's a little bit of me that's in the mood to chuck everything up in the air and see where the pieces fall.

The whole point of democracy is that each man may stand up for himself, I think, not hide.

Sir C

America, you mean? Good God man, that's no place for a gentleman.

Burney

Oh, I know. I think all people of spirit feel the same. Sadly, the world is dominated by those who would rather curse the darkness than light a candle.

redgunamo
06-23-2016, 03:59 PM
Talking of which, interesting article mo.Mind you, bowlers always whine.

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/blog/2016/jun/23/cricket-big-bats-sixes-rein-size

Yes, I saw that. I'd always presumed it was essentially all to do with timing, rather than the size of one's bat?

Burney
06-23-2016, 03:59 PM
The whole point of democracy is that each man may stand up for himself, I think, not hide.

Ideally, yes. However, I think for most people it's just a way of hiding in a crowd.

Darren's Dodgy Denim
06-23-2016, 04:00 PM

Well there is always the British Virgin Islands (can't be many), Bermuda, Anguila, Montserrat or Turks and Caicos Islands...

Burney
06-23-2016, 04:03 PM
Yes, I saw that. I'd always presumed it was essentially all to do with timing, rather than the size of one's bat?

It's clearly been a while since you wielded the willow. I now have a three-pounder with a middle on it about four times bigger than the ones I grew up using. I can get away with murder these days because I can usually clear the infield with a mi****. It is still about timing, but a good big'un beats a good little'un every time.

Sir C
06-23-2016, 04:03 PM
Well there is always the British Virgin Islands (can't be many), Bermuda, Anguila, Montserrat or Turks and Caicos Islands...

Full of ghastly nouveau riche types hiding their ill-gotten gains. No, it just won't wash, I'm afraid.

It's back to Kenya, I suppose. I'm sure those hills will produce coffee.

Burney
06-23-2016, 04:04 PM
Full of ghastly nouveau riche types hiding their ill-gotten gains. No, it just won't wash, I'm afraid.

You have to pronounce it Keeeen-ya, of course. Just to piss off the natives.

redgunamo
06-23-2016, 04:06 PM
Oh, I know. I think all people of spirit feel the same. Sadly, the world is dominated by those who would rather curse the darkness than light a candle.

Who was the fellow that said people can live without a god, but not without a devil.

Sir C
06-23-2016, 04:06 PM
You have to pronounce it Keeeen-ya, of course. Just to piss off the natives.

:hehe: It's amazing how many mzungu you encounter in Keenya who still pronouce it that way. To be fair, the locals don't appear to give a damn.

redgunamo
06-23-2016, 04:07 PM
It's clearly been a while since you wielded the willow. I now have a three-pounder with a middle on it about four times bigger than the ones I grew up using. I can get away with murder these days because I can usually clear the infield with a mi****. It is still about timing, but a good big'un beats a good little'un every time.

Indeed, it has been a while.

So nowadays it's just like with hounds then.

redgunamo
06-23-2016, 04:51 PM
Ideally, yes. However, I think for most people it's just a way of hiding in a crowd.

True, sadly. I blame Vietnam.

Ash
06-23-2016, 05:18 PM

Or as Tony Benn (PBUH) used to say, "better a bad parliament than a good king". #thepointistochangeit

redgunamo
06-23-2016, 05:30 PM
Or as Tony Benn (PBUH) used to say, "better a bad parliament than a good king". #thepointistochangeit

And he would certainly know :2ndViscountStansgate:

Ash
06-23-2016, 06:23 PM
And he would certainly know :2ndViscountStansgate:

Now, now, reg. You can't hold an accident of birth against a chap.

Darren's Dodgy Denim
06-23-2016, 06:44 PM

St. Helena should provide dignified solitude. Especially since there will be no airport noise. Everything failing, there is still Pitcairn, if you want to get up close to future relatives...

redgunamo
06-23-2016, 06:58 PM
Now, now, reg. You can't hold an accident of birth against a chap.

I do not; he himself did.

redgunamo
06-23-2016, 07:00 PM
:hehe: It's amazing how many mzungu you encounter in Keenya who still pronouce it that way. To be fair, the locals don't appear to give a damn.

Urban trendy British natives, I think he means.

Sir C
06-23-2016, 08:57 PM
Urban trendy British natives, I think he means.

**** them, they'd **** in their pants if they ended up trying to hitch from Naivasha to Nairobi. (I lived).

Burney
06-23-2016, 09:17 PM
**** them, they'd **** in their pants if they ended up trying to hitch from Naivasha to Nairobi. (I lived).

Oi! You know that 'Everybody wants some' movie that Mark Kermode was really sniffy about? It's actually quite good.
It's a pretty accurate picture of young men who are good at a sport, in a team, competitive, horny and behave accordingly.
It's simply that limpdicks like Kermode and Mayo have no experience of that dynamic and therefore hate it out out of envy.

The Jorge
06-23-2016, 09:18 PM

Is this New Site's first contender for The Classics? Do we even still have the classics anymore?

Bravo WIMB

Tony C
06-23-2016, 09:50 PM
FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE MONEYYYYYYYY

Banks don't pay 10% interest IMO.

Yum yum yum....tasty freeeeeeee moniessssssss

Nice.

Lovely

Chinese food tomorrow night....woooohooooo

The Jorge
06-23-2016, 10:05 PM
FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE MONEYYYYYYYY

Banks don't pay 10% interest IMO.

Yum yum yum....tasty freeeeeeee moniessssssss

Nice.

Lovely

Chinese food tomorrow night....woooohooooo

Issue of crucial national importance? Betting opportunity, more like.

Textbook Tony C. Marvellous stuff.

Burney
06-23-2016, 10:23 PM
Issue of crucial national importance? Betting opportunity, more like.

Textbook Tony C. Marvellous stuff.

Seems fairly appropriate. After all, the only argument Remain has been able to come up with is that you might - might - have a few quid more if you vote for them. Very principled.
'Let cowards flinch and traitors sneer', eh? :hehe:

The Jorge
06-23-2016, 10:42 PM
Seems fairly appropriate. After all, the only argument Remain has been able to come up with is that you might - might - have a few quid more if you vote for them. Very principled.
'Let cowards flinch and traitors sneer', eh? :hehe:

Well no, despite the obvious economic argument (one so obvious a Communist can see it) there's the whole idea of solidarity with Europe, the idea that island mentalities are outmoded and silly and a quite heartening revolsion with the nasty racial tactics.

Leave's idea basically boils down to "Dont listen to the experts! Where's your patriotism?!"

Burney
06-23-2016, 10:48 PM
Well no, despite the obvious economic argument (one so obvious a Communist can see it) there's the whole idea of solidarity with Europe, the idea that island mentalities are outmoded and silly and a quite heartening revolsion with the nasty racial tactics.

Leave's idea basically boils down to "Dont listen to the experts! Where's your patriotism?!"

So I'm taking advice on patriotism from a desperate wannabe paddy **** who avowedly hates this country, now?

**** off and die.

Literally.

The Jorge
06-23-2016, 10:51 PM
So I'm taking advice on patriotism from a desperate wannabe paddy **** who avowedly hates this country, now?

**** off and die.

Literally.

I love how plebiscites bring out the best in you, b.

IUFG
06-23-2016, 11:04 PM
they are not my rules SW. I am as flabbergasted and disappoint as the next man with the case law that shapes our workplace.

The Jorge
06-23-2016, 11:07 PM
Oi! You know that 'Everybody wants some' movie that Mark Kermode was really sniffy about? It's actually quite good.
It's a pretty accurate picture of young men who are good at a sport, in a team, competitive, horny and behave accordingly.
It's simply that limpdicks like Kermode and Mayo have no experience of that dynamic and therefore hate it out out of envy.

Wait, that's Linklater's *sequel* to Dazed and Confused, isnt it? I missed that at the time.

IUFG
06-23-2016, 11:08 PM
Jesus Christ. I go out for a bowl of noodles and become an object of winkie-tucking speculation in my absence.

For shame, C. . .

Burney
06-23-2016, 11:17 PM
I love how plebiscites bring out the best in you, b.

Seriously, you are despicable.

You slaver lovingly over benighted regimes whose poor ****ing people would kill to be governed by our system and still do nothing but denigrate every aspect of this nation.
And then you dare to tell us what we ought to do and how awful we are.
Seriously, you're a caricature of a pathetic, paper tiger leftist who sucks on the tit of capitalism while still posing in his teenage leftist garb.

It's sad.

Put your money where your mouth is, then: **** off somewhere where the political climate suits you. After all, you're an 'internationalist', aren't you? Go somewhere where the system you affect to despise doesn't pay you enough money to keep you in Jags. Then tell us how much fun you're having being ideologically pure.

I won't hold my breath. You're a poseur and nothing more.

Even more amusing: go to Ireland and wander around telling everyone that you're Irish. That'll be funny. You'll be another pathetic cliché - the Englishman who pretends to be Irish while real Irish people take his money and laugh at him behind his back. And the worst of it is that you're intelligent and self aware enough to know that's what they're doing, but will do it anyway. :hehe:

You're just a sad bunch of clichés. You desperately want to belong to something, but are too arrogant and elitist ever to admit to belonging to the culture and society you grew up in. So what do you do? Attach yourself to something - anything - else. Irishness, 'Europeaness', 'Communism'(ha!), even ****ing Yorkshire, ffs! :hehe:

Anything but admit what you are: white, English and middle class.

Sad.

The Jorge
06-23-2016, 11:36 PM
Seriously, you are despicable.

You slaver lovingly over benighted regimes whose poor ****ing people would kill to be governed by our system and still do nothing but denigrate every aspect of this nation.
And then you dare to tell us what we ought to do and how awful we are.
Seriously, you're a caricature of a pathetic, paper tiger leftist who sucks on the tit of capitalism while still posing in his teenage leftist garb.

It's sad.

Put your money where your mouth is, then: **** off somewhere where the political climate suits you. After all, you're an 'internationalist', aren't you? Go somewhere where the system you affect to despise doesn't pay you enough money to keep you in Jags. Then tell us how much fun you're having being ideologically pure.

I won't hold my breath. You're a poseur and nothing more.

Even more amusing: go to Ireland and wander around telling everyone that you're Irish. That'll be funny. You'll be another pathetic cliché - the Englishman who pretends to be Irish while real Irish people take his money and laugh at him behind his back. And the worst of it is that you're intelligent and self aware enough to know that's what they're doing, but will do it anyway. :hehe:

You're just a sad bunch of clichés. You desperately want to belong to something, but are too arrogant and elitist ever to admit to belonging to the culture and society you grew up in. So what do you do? Attach yourself to something - anything - else. Irishness, 'Europeaness', 'Communism'(ha!), even ****ing Yorkshire, ffs! :hehe:

Anything but admit what you are: white, English and middle class.

Sad.

Are you seriously so **** thick you still cant work out where that button is?

You're graceless, pompous, fatuous and facile. Quite frankly your highest achievement is pulling so many abhorrent traits off simultaneously.

There's no pride to be found in your dour orthodoxy yet you take such a massive amount in it. Wearing your factory default settings like a standard going into an imaginary battle and picking fights on the guardian comments page.

And still you talk about cliche, like you arent the very living breathing embodiment of it, midlife crisis and all.

redgunamo
06-24-2016, 06:08 AM
Are you seriously so **** thick you still cant work out where that button is?

That's what your mum said :-(

PSRB
06-24-2016, 08:19 AM
Well.......they got it horribly wrong

eastgermanautos
06-24-2016, 01:35 PM

That's not true. What about the Virginia Colony?

redgunamo
06-24-2016, 01:36 PM
That's not true. What about the Virginia Colony?

Indeed.