PDA

View Full Version : Anyway, for all their wild, tooting, chanting, night-long celebrations

Ash
06-23-2016, 11:00 AM
Albania are out. :hehe:

Mo Britain less Europe
06-23-2016, 11:02 AM
That's a Partizan view.

SWv2
06-23-2016, 11:09 AM
I passed a young Irish supporter this morning, slumped forward and generally motionless on the pavement by the canal.

I was unsure if he was still out from last night or had succumbed to fatigue on his way into work this morning, to be honest I was unsure if he was indeed still alive but I chose to step around him and let him rest.

Ash
06-23-2016, 11:13 AM
I passed a young Irish supporter this morning, slumped forward and generally motionless on the pavement by the canal.

I was unsure if he was still out from last night or had succumbed to fatigue on his way into work this morning, to be honest I was unsure if he was indeed still alive but I chose to step around him and let him rest.

Good swerve. No need to interrupt one's morning by having to explain to policemen how you came to discover a dead body.

SWv2
06-23-2016, 11:23 AM
Good swerve. No need to interrupt one's morning by having to explain to policemen how you came to discover a dead body.

France next, we “owe them one” apparently. Not five minutes after the game was the first mention.

So the joy of 3 days continued references to Thierry’s perfectly understandable handball coming up.

:-\

Sir C
06-23-2016, 11:24 AM
France next, we “owe them one” apparently. Not five minutes after the game was the first mention.

So the joy of 3 days continued references to Thierry’s perfectly understandable handball coming up.

:-\

I thought you people were double hard? Kindly explain the images of grown men crying in the crowd. Hmm?

SWv2
06-23-2016, 11:28 AM
I thought you people were double hard? Kindly explain the images of grown men crying in the crowd. Hmm?

The unbridled joy and emotion of managing to finish 3rd in a group of 4 I expect.

That and drink, do not under estimate just how much drink some of those fine men will have taken on board.

Then there is the imminent phone call (text perhaps??) to one’s wife to explain that no, the person would not be home on Friday after all. Then the other phone call (text surely in this case) to one’s place of employment to explain that one is not feeling 100% and has a doctor’s cert until next Tuesday at least.

Burney
06-23-2016, 11:29 AM

:nod: Who needs the hassle? In the Good Samaritan parable, I've always sympathised with the fellows who passed by on the other side. They probably had urgent appointments, ffs! And the Samaritan could probably only spare the time because he was a dole mole or some other sort of ne'er do well.

Sir C
06-23-2016, 11:31 AM
The unbridled joy and emotion of managing to finish 3rd in a group of 4 I expect.

That and drink, do not under estimate just how much drink some of those fine men will have taken on board.

Then there is the imminent phone call (text perhaps??) to one’s wife to explain that no, the person would not be home on Friday after all. Then the other phone call (text surely in this case) to one’s place of employment to explain that one is not feeling 100% and has a doctor’s cert until next Tuesday at least.

One wonders how they can afford all this swanning about, tbh. Even in France, booze and hotels cost money.

SWv2
06-23-2016, 11:36 AM
One wonders how they can afford all this swanning about, tbh. Even in France, booze and hotels cost money.

I know one lad over there, our IT / Software Development manager no less.

There is 6 of them from Naas, in a camper van. I expect they drink cans most of the day from the local Carrefour, the cheapest available. Sustenance will be baguettes, again cheap as chips.

You I expect would be in the nearest 5 star dining on foie gras and steak frites being the ageing effete Dutch you are.

Not the brave sons of Ireland. Where there is a will etc.

redgunamo
06-23-2016, 11:38 AM
:nod: Who needs the hassle? In the Good Samaritan parable, I've always sympathised with the fellows who passed by on the other side. They probably had urgent appointments, ffs! And the Samaritan could probably only spare the time because he was a dole mole or some other sort of ne'er do well.

No, nobody would have remembered him, had he been poor.