PDA

View Full Version : Vardy has 'snubbed' us, apparently.

Sir C
06-23-2016, 09:11 AM
Or, to put it naother way, chosen to REMAIN at Leicester.

Pokster
06-23-2016, 09:15 AM

That's at least 1 vote for remain today then..... good luck to him, our interest has made him a million quid a year better off allegedly

IUFG
06-23-2016, 09:20 AM
Oh bollòcks. I think he's the best striker available at the money we'll pay :-(

Burney
06-23-2016, 09:27 AM

Vardy can kiss my arse, frankly.

PSRB
06-23-2016, 09:28 AM

I think Jan Aage Fjortoft is probably closer to the mark
Vardy has extended his contract at Leicester. Arsenal-link: - real? - agent trying to get more money? - Arsenal not sure he's good enough?

Burney
06-23-2016, 09:33 AM
I think Jan Aage Fjortoft is probably closer to the mark
Vardy has extended his contract at Leicester. Arsenal-link: - real? - agent trying to get more money? - Arsenal not sure he's good enough?

Thing is, though, why do we always seem to be the fall guys in every transfer window? We've gone from having our best players poached every summer to being the hapless club that fails to sign the big names or is used to bump up players' value. It's irritating.

Luis Anaconda
06-23-2016, 09:38 AM
Thing is, though, why do we always seem to be the fall guys in every transfer window? We've gone from having our best players poached every summer to being the hapless club that fails to sign the big names or is used to bump up players' value. It's irritating.

happens to every club - happened big-time to United last summer with Ramos for instance and there are a load of other examples. Not sure apart from this and maybe Suarez, that we are any more likely to be the fall guys

Mo Britain less Europe
06-23-2016, 09:38 AM

This season it started so well with Xhaka quickly tied up and then the pursuit of Vardy. But that's all changed now and here we still are 2/3 players short of a serious team.

Burney
06-23-2016, 09:40 AM
happens to every club - happened big-time to United last summer with Ramos for instance and there are a load of other examples. Not sure apart from this and maybe Suarez, that we are any more likely to be the fall guys

I suppose one notices it more when it's one's own club. However, I do sometimes think that our determination not to talk about transfer activities is counter productive in the sense that every agent knows they can link us with their player and we won't deny it.

Luis Anaconda
06-23-2016, 09:45 AM
This season it started so well with Xhaka quickly tied up and then the pursuit of Vardy. But that's all changed now and here we still are 2/3 players short of a serious team.
Given the transfer window doesn't actually open for a couple of weeks, I feel you may be being a tad overdramatic

Luis Anaconda
06-23-2016, 09:45 AM
I suppose one notices it more when it's one's own club. However, I do sometimes think that our determination not to talk about transfer activities is counter productive in the sense that every agent knows they can link us with their player and we won't deny it.
Yep - you may well have a point there

PSRB
06-23-2016, 09:52 AM

The BiL got promised the captaincy and a shiny new contract when he opted to stay at Everton

PSRB
06-23-2016, 09:53 AM
Given the transfer window doesn't actually open for a couple of weeks, I feel you may be being a tad overdramatic

:clap: Just a bit!

SWv2
06-23-2016, 09:57 AM
Given how often in recent years some (not all) members of the AWIMB family have completely thrown their toys out of the pram at the lack of loyalty shown to the club when players have chosen to leave, you have to really applaud the lad’s loyalty to LCFC.

Well done him.

Personally I never got the whole thing. I like transfers to excite me. Xhaka excites me, who cannot be excited by the signing of a pass spraying left footed central midfield ‘general’.

Vardy did nothing for me

Billy Goat Sverige
06-23-2016, 09:58 AM

The **** has got no *******s.

SWv2
06-23-2016, 10:07 AM
The **** has got no *******s.

I see you are taking this well.

Billy Goat Sverige
06-23-2016, 10:12 AM

I'm not really that fussed. I'd rather a foreign name to tell you the truth. People say loyalty and all that nonsense but it just looks like he'd rather be comfortable on his £100k a week in Leicester than challenge himself somewhere else.

redgunamo
06-23-2016, 10:13 AM

He's perfect for us, and cheap too which makes him even more perfect :-|

Ash
06-23-2016, 10:14 AM
I'm not really that fussed. I'd rather a foreign name to tell you the truth. People say loyalty and all that nonsense but it just looks like he'd rather be comfortable on his £100k a week in Leicester than challenge himself somewhere else.

Maybe he thinks that Leicester are a better team. It's what the league table suggests, after all.

redgunamo
06-23-2016, 10:15 AM
Maybe he thinks that Leicester are a better team. It's what the league table suggests, after all.

No, A. It's all about the money and nothing to do with football :-|

SWv2
06-23-2016, 10:19 AM
No, A. It's all about the money and nothing to do with football :-|

While I agree that money will have been a huge part of his decision making (and why not), football also will have been key.

He’s the top boy at Leicester, guaranteed to start 9 games from 10. He would not have that with us, perhaps even finding himself on the bench if things did not go well or just within the normal boundaries of squad rotation.

Right decision for him and crucially right decision for me. Wd and thank you Jamie.

PSRB
06-23-2016, 10:23 AM
While I agree that money will have been a huge part of his decision making (and why not), football also will have been key.

He’s the top boy at Leicester, guaranteed to start 9 games from 10. He would not have that with us, perhaps even finding himself on the bench if things did not go well or just within the normal boundaries of squad rotation.

Right decision for him and crucially right decision for me. Wd and thank you Jamie.

No argument with any of that, it did always seem a slightly odd signing for AW anyway

Luis Anaconda
06-23-2016, 10:28 AM

:nod: Leaves us free to go after Troy Deeney - reckon 35 million would do it

SWv2
06-23-2016, 10:32 AM
:nod: Leaves us free to go after Troy Deeney - reckon 35 million would do it

I hope you develop a minor and ultimately not life threatening illness.

redgunamo
06-23-2016, 10:33 AM
No argument with any of that, it did always seem a slightly odd signing for AW anyway

Crucially, I think, it *would* be an odd signing for an AW with, what amounted to, a rolling five-year contract in His back pocket ("Theo can be a striker" and so on).

Different matter entirely if He only has one more season left.

Red N White Army
06-23-2016, 10:37 AM

Yeah, that's about the sum of it as I see it.

Dorset Gooner
06-23-2016, 10:41 AM

They can put the plastic knife & forks away thank goodness.

SWv2
06-23-2016, 10:45 AM

Perhaps playing CL with Leicester is the next challenge.

That and maybe even reflecting on the fact that he only just signed a new deal in February, and then he is quoted in May as saying he hopes none of the players leave.

I think there is as many reasons to understand why he did not decide to join us as to put forward for him joining us.

Now I assume Wenger has called Ivan and Dick and put in motion Plan B with a very firm instruction to deliver.

Mo Britain less Europe
06-23-2016, 10:55 AM
Plan B is apparently Cavani.

Luis Anaconda
06-23-2016, 11:07 AM
They can put the plastic knife & forks away thank goodness.

Ouch - you bitch, dg :hehe:

PSRB
06-23-2016, 11:16 AM
Plan B is apparently Cavani.

He's just signed a new contract with PSG

Ash
06-23-2016, 11:18 AM
He's just signed a new contract with PSG

Plan C then.

http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/archive/03380/theo-walcott_3380741b.jpg

Alberto Balsam Rodriguez
06-23-2016, 11:22 AM

That's ok, I think he was the plan b. Now alk we need is a plan a

Tony C
06-23-2016, 11:56 AM
The Drax, Lukaku or Leroy Sane imo

Morata sounds waaaaaaaaaay too obvious for Arsene and can't see him getting Cavani or Higuain now when he could've just signed them 3 years ago...I'm sure even they are bored of these stories now.

Quite like Leroy....young, tall, speedy...won't be that hard to integrate....Plus his name is Leroy so he must be fkin awesome IMO.

redgunamo
06-23-2016, 12:00 PM
The Drax, Lukaku or Leroy Sane imo

Morata sounds waaaaaaaaaay too obvious for Arsene and can't see him getting Cavani or Higuain now when he could've just signed them 3 years ago...I'm sure even they are bored of these stories now.

Quite like Leroy....young, tall, speedy...won't be that hard to integrate....Plus his name is Leroy so he must be fkin awesome IMO.

His name's "Ludovic", imo. On FIFA anyway 8-)

7sisters
06-23-2016, 12:00 PM

Worst kept secret ever. It was obvious he wasn't coming the minute he stepped on the England plane while keeping his council.

redgunamo
06-23-2016, 12:05 PM

As did this honest fellow

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/ClolWPhWIAQrQ7w.jpg:large

Mo Britain less Europe
06-23-2016, 12:16 PM

yesyeeses

Red N White Army
06-23-2016, 01:37 PM
Isn't Sane going to City?

SWv2
06-23-2016, 01:44 PM
Isn't Sane going to City?

He would be in-Sane to go there.

And thank you.

redgunamo
06-23-2016, 03:10 PM
He would be in-Sane to go there.

And thank you.

Nice Bowie reference. I always call young Leroy "Aladdin" on FIFA.

Alexism - Atheoist
06-24-2016, 03:22 AM
Rat faced diving cheat has turned tail from the bright lights you mean? Never trust a ferret faced racist. We need Aubamayeng or however it's spelled. Where is he? Not good enough for Ze Germans?
We might have to spend some Fa King money now though. I wouldn't go for that Spanish kid. We need now. Aub or Lukaku or Higuain imo.