PDA

View Full Version : Right. Can everyone stop banging on and on about it now please?

Sir C
06-23-2016, 08:44 AM
I'm now at the point where I don't give a flying fart whether we're in the EU, EFTA, the AA or FIFA.

JUST STOP SHOUTING YOUR ****ING DRIVEL AT ME!

IUFG
06-23-2016, 08:44 AM
Have you voted yet?

Billy Goat Sverige
06-23-2016, 08:47 AM
I'm now at the point where I don't give a flying fart whether we're in the EU, EFTA, the AA or FIFA.

I've had someone on my facebook repeatedly spamming "REMEMBER TO TAKE YOUR OWN PENS AND DON'T USE THEIR PENCILS!" :-|

Sir C
06-23-2016, 08:47 AM
Have you voted yet?

Yes, a couple of weeks ago, by post.

Have you? Remember, if you vote LEAVE you're a racist bigot, and if you vote REMAIN you hate England. Either way, you're worse than Hitler.

IUFG
06-23-2016, 08:48 AM
Not yet. I shall do so after this evening's dinner.

We are going to a noodle bar, apparently.

Luis Anaconda
06-23-2016, 08:48 AM
Yes, a couple of weeks ago, by post.

Have you? Remember, if you vote LEAVE you're a racist bigot, and if you vote REMAIN you hate England. Either way, you're worse than Hitler.
How do you vote of you are a racist bigot who hates England. There seems a lack of options

Burney
06-23-2016, 08:49 AM

My dear chap you have to understand that this is only the start of things. This is going to be going on for years. The current Tory leadership has betrayed much of its grass roots support and won't be forgiven, Labour has shown itself to if anything be more out of touch with its traditional white, working class support and basically the whole thing is going to be a massive, nationally-divisive cluster**** for years to come.

Sir C
06-23-2016, 08:50 AM
Not yet. I shall do so after this evening's dinner.

We are going to a noodle bar, apparently.

Dirty European noodles, no doubt?

Sir C
06-23-2016, 08:51 AM
My dear chap you have to understand that this is only the start of things. This is going to be going on for years. The current Tory leadership has betrayed much of its grass roots support and won't be forgiven, Labour has shown itself to if anything be more out of touch with its traditional white, working class support and basically the whole thing is going to be a massive, nationally-divisive cluster**** for years to come.

Perhaps we should just have a **** off civil war and lance the boil?

Baggie I'm on the opposite side to the Boy Owen.

IUFG
06-23-2016, 08:51 AM
I'm not sure tbh.

Apparently this eatery is in [whisper] Colchester :eek:

Luis Anaconda
06-23-2016, 08:53 AM
You see - much better to vote remain, b. Let Europe actually get on with running the country while the British political classes tear themselves to pieces

Sir C
How do you vote of you are a racist bigot who hates England. There seems a lack of options

Tory, naturally.

Sir C
I'm not sure tbh.

Apparently this eatery is in [whisper] Colchester :eek:

:nod: As I suspected, Polish noodles :-(

Sir C
06-23-2016, 08:54 AM
I've had someone on my facebook repeatedly spamming "REMEMBER TO TAKE YOUR OWN PENS AND DON'T USE THEIR PENCILS!" :-|

What, in case someone rubs out your cross and puts it in the other box? :hehe:

No. Really?

IUFG
06-23-2016, 08:54 AM
I do hope the lager is cold...

Burney
06-23-2016, 08:57 AM
Perhaps we should just have a **** off civil war and lance the boil?

Baggie I'm on the opposite side to the Boy Owen.

The laugh of it is that Cameron seems genuinely to have thought that a convincing referendum would put the issue to bed. Instead, it's politicised the country in a way I've never seen before and created quite stupendous levels of division, hatred and anger. I've not known a national mood this febrile since Diana died.

It's going to get rough whatever happens.

Billy Goat Sverige
06-23-2016, 08:58 AM
What, in case someone rubs out your cross and puts it in the other box? :hehe:

No. Really?

Yeah :hehe: He's posted it about 5 or 6 times since yesterday.

Sir C
06-23-2016, 08:58 AM
The laugh of it is that Cameron seems genuinely to have thought that a convincing referendum would put the issue to bed. Instead, it's politicised the country in a way I've never seen before and created quite stupendous levels of division, hatred and anger. I've not known national mood this febrile since Diana died.

It's going to get rough whatever happens.

I was hoping that everyone would be tired and bored with it all tomorrow and pack it in :-(

Burney
06-23-2016, 08:59 AM
You see - much better to vote remain, b. Let Europe actually get on with running the country while the British political classes tear themselves to pieces

Oh, the EU's going to tear itself apart anyway.

Luis Anaconda
06-23-2016, 09:03 AM
Oh, the EU's going to tear itself apart anyway.

fair point - I blame the French

Burney
06-23-2016, 09:06 AM
I was hoping that everyone would be tired and bored with it all tomorrow and pack it in :-(

No. Think about it. If - as seems likely - Remain wins, you'll have half the country seething and deeply insulted and angered by the same political classes who are going to come crawling back for their votes in 2020. Something's got to give in that situation.

For instance, after the campaign they've run, I'll never vote for a Conservative Party led by a Remain leadership again. I'd rather wipe my arse with the ballot paper, frankly.

Sir C
06-23-2016, 09:09 AM
No. Think about it. If - as seems likely - Remain wins, you'll have half the country seething and deeply insulted and angered by the same political classes who are going to come crawling back for their votes in 2020. Something's got to give in that situation.

For instance, after the campaign they've run, I'll never vote for a Conservative Party led by a Remain leadership again. I'd rather wipe my arse with the ballot paper, frankly.

Oh, everyone will have got over it by then. People have the attention-span of goldfish. Something much more interesting will be provoking everyone's ire before long.

Burney
06-23-2016, 09:10 AM
fair point - I blame the French

I've long said it'll be the French who bring the EU crashing down through their capacity for sheer bloody-minded bolshiness and out of a wounded sense of national pride.

Burney
06-23-2016, 09:11 AM
Oh, everyone will have got over it by then. People have the attention-span of goldfish. Something much more interesting will be provoking everyone's ire before long.

That rather assumes that the issue will have gone away - which it won't have.

Pat Vegas
06-23-2016, 09:40 AM
What I dislike about this whole thing is both sides look rather foolish at times.

When they reply to a point by the other side and just call it 'lies' and not expanding any further it does my head in.

'They give 350M a week!' 'LIES!'

So does that mean they give zero or maybe 349M?

There are no counter facts.

On a different issued I was hassled by an annoying campaigner outside the train station :-(
Looks like the type of woman who attends athletic events enthusiastically.

Mo Britain less Europe
06-23-2016, 09:44 AM
There has been little proper debate, mostly a collection of yah-boo insults. Most of the ****s leading the campaigns don't have a clue themselves.

Mc Gooner
06-23-2016, 09:46 AM

fLyD must be in a right tizzy

Ash
06-23-2016, 09:47 AM

No, this runs deep. Both political parties are now a little bit ****ed, as Burnley said. Especially when people come to reflect that deep down Boris is a remainer, while Cameron and Corbyn are leavers. Yet all have reversed this for political expediency, for what they thought was best for themselves or their parties.

Luis Anaconda
06-23-2016, 09:53 AM
What I dislike about this whole thing is both sides look rather foolish at times.

When they reply to a point by the other side and just call it 'lies' and not expanding any further it does my head in.

'They give 350M a week!' 'LIES!'

So does that mean they give zero or maybe 349M?

There are no counter facts.

On a different issued I was hassled by an annoying campaigner outside the train station :-(
Looks like the type of woman who attends athletic events enthusiastically.
You probably haven't been paying attention then because the explanation for that "fact" has been everywhere

Burney
06-23-2016, 09:56 AM
No, this runs deep. Both political parties are now a little bit ****ed, as Burnley said. Especially when people come to reflect that deep down Boris is a remainer, while Cameron and Corbyn are leavers. Yet all have reversed this for political expediency, for what they thought was best for themselves or their parties.

This is the thing. Remain is fundamentally a vote born of self-interest and/or fear of the unknown. It's essentially a supine political position and therefore has no political weight beyond the narrow sphere of the referendum. Anti-EU sentiment, on the other hand, is an active position that's widely held and where there are clearly votes to be gained and lost - often from people who might otherwise not vote. It will therefore be the big political battleground for the next few years.

Pat Vegas
06-23-2016, 09:57 AM
You probably haven't been paying attention then because the explanation for that "fact" has been everywhere

:hehe: Me not paying attention :hehe:

I have been abroad for about a month to be fair.

*******s to Brexit time for Fashxit

Mo Britain less Europe
06-23-2016, 09:59 AM
This is the thing. Remain is fundamentally a vote born of self-interest and/or fear of the unknown. It's essentially a supine political position and therefore has no political weight beyond the narrow sphere of the referendum. Anti-EU sentiment, on the other hand, is an active position that's widely held and where there are clearly votes to be gained and lost - often from people who might otherwise not vote. It will therefore be the big political battleground for the next few years.

A significant part of the Remain voters would have signed a peace treaty with Hitler after the fall of France if given half a chance.

Pat Vegas
06-23-2016, 10:01 AM
A significant part of the Remain voters would have signed a peace treaty with Hitler after the fall of France if given half a chance.

I have enjoyed the BBC's coverage of talking to the public about their voting choices.

And now from leave camp, we have right wing lunatic.

Burney
06-23-2016, 10:03 AM
I have enjoyed the BBC's coverage of talking to the public about their voting choices.

And now from leave camp, we have right wing lunatic.

Yes, well anyone who thought the BBC would ever be unbiased here was out of their minds.

Sir C
06-23-2016, 10:06 AM
Yes, well anyone who thought the BBC would ever be unbiased here was out of their minds.

There seems to have been remarkably little media coverage of the disturbances at Calais over the past couple of days. I was talking to a couple of chaps who were there yesterday who described it as being like a war zone - lots of smoke and chaps rushing around breaking into lorries and threatening car drivers, several brandishing knives.

Odd that this hasn't been covered in much depth.

Pat Vegas
06-23-2016, 10:10 AM

They don't even try to hide it.

and yet again any time I watch any political debate why does someone always have to mention 'Nurses'

Burney
06-23-2016, 10:11 AM
There seems to have been remarkably little media coverage of the disturbances at Calais over the past couple of days. I was talking to a couple of chaps who were there yesterday who described it as being like a war zone - lots of smoke and chaps rushing around breaking into lorries and threatening car drivers, several brandishing knives.

Odd that this hasn't been covered in much depth.

Yes, I noticed that. If one didn't read a Leave-leaning newspaper, you would literally have no idea it had happened. :hehe:

Pat Vegas
06-23-2016, 10:13 AM
Yes, I noticed that. If one didn't read a Leave-leaning newspaper, you would literally have no idea it had happened. :hehe:

I only just found out from Sir C's post

Burney
They don't even try to hide it.

and yet again any time I watch any political debate why does someone always have to mention 'Nurses'

Because nurses are like the fluffy kittens of politics - everyone likes them. The logic is that if you mention nurses in a positive sense, you've instantly got the crowd on your side.

Mo Britain less Europe
The boats in the Med have also disappeared from the screens. Sadly not from the Med.

Pat Vegas
06-23-2016, 10:15 AM

After a quick look at the BBC website, This is all I can find. I like their choice of picture

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-kent-36578348

redgunamo
06-23-2016, 10:18 AM
After a quick look at the BBC website, This is all I can find. I like their choice of picture

:hehe: Nothing to see here.

Burney
06-23-2016, 10:19 AM

Yes. Please note the deafening silence from the 'The BBC are politically unbiased' crowd :hehe: