PDA

View Full Version : Italy chances now.....harder or easier?

Tony C
06-22-2016, 08:51 AM
2nd round: Spain
QF: Looks like Germany
SF: France or England

That's supposing Germany, France and England make it that far...

Suspect they'll wipe the floor with Spain...very confident here....Germany is tough but not sure where the Germany goals will come from...fat Mario Gotze on his own vs that Italian back 3?

They are going to make mince of him.

Spain have got zero chance and I think this will be interesting viewing for everyone who wants us to get Morata.

Morata vs the Italian back 3. At least he knows them but it's still a massive test....these 3 play unbelievable well together...a throwback to Keown, Bould and Adams. Beastly stuff.

Hoping its England in the semis...that silly 5 striker system won't last long vs the Italians structure...France will be problematic....home team and Giroud will better equipped that most of the strikers in the tournament to deal with the Italian defence...his hold up play will buy the likes of Griezeman, Pogba and Payet the time the need to get forward and put the squeeze on the Italian 352.

That's a problem match...but confident with he other 3 opponents.

In a way I'm happy with a tough draw....they are always up for these tough games and will relish the challenge.

Wouldve be more worried if it was a lesser team and they took their foot off the pedal from the first minute...like Spain last night.

redgunamo
06-22-2016, 08:58 AM

Suspect they'll wipe the floor with Spain...very confident here....Germany is tough but not sure where the Germany goals will come from...fat Mario Gotze on his own vs that Italian back 3?

Spain have got zero chance and I think this will be interesting viewing for everyone who wants us to get Morata.

Morata vs the Italian back 3. At least he knows them but it's still a massive test....these 3 play unbelievable well together...a throwback to Keown, Bould and Adams. Beastly stuff.

Hoping its England in the semis...that silly 5 striker system won't last long vs the Italians structure...France will be problematic....home team and Giroud will better equipped that most of the strikers in the tournament to deal with the Italian defence...his hold up play will buy the likes of Griezeman, Pogba and Payet the time the need to get forward and put the squeeze on the Italian 352.

In a way I'm happy with a tough draw....they are always up for these tough games and will relish the challenge.

Wouldve be more worried if it was a lesser team and they took their foot off the pedal from the first minute...like Spain last night.

Excellent analysis as always, T. :itson!:

Sir C
06-22-2016, 09:08 AM

I knew nothing of Morata before this tournament other than Rich droning on about him.

I fear I have found him unimpressive to date. Is he hiding something?

Luis Anaconda
06-22-2016, 09:15 AM
I knew nothing of Morata before this tournament other than Rich droning on about him.

In three seasons he has scored 23 league goals - Real Madrid want €50m for him. Rich is a ****

Sir C
06-22-2016, 09:17 AM
In three seasons he has scored 23 league goals - Real Madrid want €50m for him. Rich is a ****

You make three seperate points there la. As you know, I trust you implicitly and take all three on board as FACTS.

The Jorge
06-22-2016, 09:29 AM

He's mostly potential but the potential he has looks good. He is 23 though so he needs to deliver soon. On his goals record, he has been competing for places with Tevez, Mario, Icardi and others at Juve but he really has a knack of scoring in big games.

It's all a moot point anyway as we wont be able to afford the cund now

Luis Anaconda
06-22-2016, 09:53 AM
He's mostly potential but the potential he has looks good. He is 23 though so he needs to deliver soon. On his goals record, he has been competing for places with Tevez, Mario, Icardi and others at Juve but he really has a knack of scoring in big games.

It's all a moot point anyway as we wont be able to afford the cund now
I don't think Juve put up a great deal of a fight to keep him - yes there was the buy back clause but they have a powerful bargaining chip in Pogba that they could use to soften Real up (and they are going to sell Pogba regardless). Mind you this is a club that practically gave Coman away to Bayern for nothing :banghead:

The Jorge
06-22-2016, 09:56 AM
I don't think Juve put up a great deal of a fight to keep him - yes there was the buy back clause but they have a powerful bargaining chip in Pogba that they could use to soften Real up (and they are going to sell Pogba regardless). Mind you this is a club that practically gave Coman away to Bayern for nothing :banghead:

I'm not entirely sure they could, though you have to say having a buy back of less than ten million euro was a bit of a schoolboy error.

SWv2
06-22-2016, 10:17 AM
My main exposure to Morata has been in CL matches with Juventus and I have normally been impressed by him. Is he £50m is he *******s but such is modern football.

Raheem Sterling £50m, Troy Deeney £30m (alleged). Madness I tell you.

I can only assume Morata has been bought with a clear agreement to be sold else he is in a straight fight with Benzema for the first choice role in Madrid and I would think the French is ahead, him being an undeniable class act footballistically.

Unless of course he is being moved on. Now then.

Far be it from us to feed off the scraps from the massive Spanish clubs eh.

By the way, Troy Deeney. **** me.

redgunamo
06-22-2016, 10:39 AM
My main exposure to Morata has been in CL matches with Juventus and I have normally been impressed by him. Is he £50m is he *******s but such is modern football.

I can only assume Morata has been bought with a clear agreement to be sold else he is in a straight fight with Benzema for the first choice role in Madrid and I would think the French is ahead, him being an undeniable class act footballistically.

He's a decent (if pricey) option on FIFA, in fairness. Not my sort though; for that money, you want someone with electric pace.

Like Theo :-|

The Jorge
06-22-2016, 10:42 AM

Square head tax, innit. Morata is a class act, footballistically speaking, but at 23 he's hardly a young hotshot any more. It's very much a make or break move for him. Though I think Real will only be able to buy another customary galactico if they get a decent fee for him, a la Ozil.

SWv2
06-22-2016, 11:36 AM
I am not as massively down on his scoring record in Serie A as some others appear to be, perhaps only doing so as a reaction to the reported fee in their defence.

As you say, and I completely agree, he is a class act and an age where you are hoping for and perhaps gambling on improvement and development. Any decent striker worth his salt (not sure what that actually means) playing for us should be worth upwards on 20 goals per season. Look at Giroud ffs.

Not sure who the stellar striking options are anymore, or at least the available ones anyway. Even City appear to have baulked at the ridiculous fee being asked for Aubameyang, after that you are back in the usual big name circus of Lewandowski, Benzema, Aguero, Dybala, Cavani etc. I have purposely not named any of the Barcelona players as that is silly.

I am still struggling a little with the concept that Vardy may have turned us down, all credit to loyalty to your club etc but **** me.

The whole summer transfer madness has not even started yet, who knows what moves will happen to make others players become available. As boring as transfer windows can be the influx of new managers at extremely high profile clubs in England this summer should mean it is less boring than normal.

Luis Anaconda
06-22-2016, 11:43 AM
I am not as massively down on his scoring record in Serie A as some others appear to be, perhaps only doing so as a reaction to the reported fee in their defence.

As you say, and I completely agree, he is a class act and an age where you are hoping for and perhaps gambling on improvement and development. Any decent striker worth his salt (not sure what that actually means) playing for us should be worth upwards on 20 goals per season. Look at Giroud ffs.

Not sure who the stellar striking options are anymore, or at least the available ones anyway. Even City appear to have baulked at the ridiculous fee being asked for Aubameyang, after that you are back in the usual big name circus of Lewandowski, Benzema, Aguero, Dybala, Cavani etc. I have purposely not named any of the Barcelona players as that is silly.

I am still struggling a little with the concept that Vardy may have turned us down, all credit to loyalty to your club etc but **** me.

The whole summer transfer madness has not even started yet, who knows what moves will happen to make others players become available. As boring as transfer windows can be the influx of new managers at extremely high profile clubs in England this summer should mean it is less boring than normal.
I would like to point out I think he is an excellent player - and I am not averse for us spending silly money on him (or anyone for that matter - it isn't my money. I am not entirely sure he is the tip of the bayonet we need though

The Jorge
06-22-2016, 11:50 AM
I would like to point out I think he is an excellent player - and I am not averse for us spending silly money on him (or anyone for that matter - it isn't my money. I am not entirely sure he is the tip of the bayonet we need though

In an ideal world we would have Higuain, he's capable of doing all of the jobs. Aubemayang would give us something different too. As for the rest of them, I cant really see anyone who would be that much of a massive upgrade on what we have. Morata would be a bit of an upgrade/something different in terms of pace and movement but, up until this point at least, he's not clinical enough.

Luis Anaconda
06-22-2016, 11:51 AM
In an ideal world we would have Higuain, he's capable of doing all of the jobs. Aubemayang would give us something different too. As for the rest of them, I cant really see anyone who would be that much of a massive upgrade on what we have. Morata would be a bit of an upgrade/something different in terms of pace and movement but, up until this point at least, he's not clinical enough.
Yep - can't really argue with that. See, we've been connected with Jovetic again - can't even remember where he went (or even if it was a permanent move or a loan)

SWv2
06-22-2016, 11:54 AM
Yep - can't really argue with that. See, we've been connected with Jovetic again - can't even remember where he went (or even if it was a permanent move or a loan)

Internazionale.

Inter to most people but a nod to J there.

Luis Anaconda
06-22-2016, 11:58 AM
Internazionale.

ty sw - I assume you will be expecting a healthy Italian win tonight

SWv2
06-22-2016, 12:31 PM
ty sw - I assume you will be expecting a healthy Italian win tonight

Yes, or at very least I expect the Azzuri to not lose and send our boys home, and you know what, the perverse side of me will revel in it.

Sick to ****ing death of Green Army footballing retards talking utter *******s. The hysterical reaction to a credible draw with Sweden was bad enough but the assumption that Italian 'reserves' will be massively inferior to their first 11 is sending me over the edge.

I am sure some people just think they grabbed 10 random blokes off a street in Rome to make up numbers.

I had a bloke last night telling me how the Italians would not care about the game which kind of overlooks the fact they are all top class professional footballers some of whom might want to influence Antonio Conte's future team selections.

Mo Britain less Europe
06-22-2016, 12:36 PM

Oddly enough I can't argue with that either. If we had freer scoring midfielders (like in the old days) there wouldn't be so much criticism of Giroud.

The Jorge
06-22-2016, 01:27 PM
Internazionale.

TYSW, I was off doing a stroke

Ash
06-22-2016, 05:24 PM
Internazionale.

My Inter-supporting Italian chum calls them Inter, FWIW.

The Jorge
06-22-2016, 05:29 PM
My Inter-supporting Italian chum calls them Inter, FWIW.

They are inter, just not Inter Milan. AC Milan are Meeeelan

Ash
06-22-2016, 05:39 PM
They are inter, just not Inter Milan. AC Milan are Meeeelan

Yes. Though I don't mind it when we are called FC London Arsenal.

redgunamo
06-22-2016, 05:47 PM

Or FC Arsenal London?

Ash
06-22-2016, 05:54 PM
Or FC Arsenal London?

That too. :thumbup:

The Jorge
06-22-2016, 06:02 PM

I do, it annoys me when people dont call us The Arsenal.

redgunamo
06-22-2016, 06:03 PM
That too. :thumbup:

I'm not sure. It suggests people don't know where we are.

Or *who* we are even :-\

Tony C
06-27-2016, 05:54 PM
"Spain have got zero chance and I think this will be interesting viewing for everyone who wants us to get Morata.

Morata vs the Italian back 3. At least he knows them but it's still a massive test....these 3 play unbelievable well together...a throwback to Keown, Bould and Adams. Beastly stuff. "

----

MAGNIFICENT....ABSOLUTE MASTERCLASS.

:cloud9:

If Italy had a striker like Giroud they would near unbeatable imo.

Roll on Germany.....