PDA

View Full Version : Should have put that tenner on the Krotes at the start, really.

Ash
06-22-2016, 08:07 AM
When the group of fans protesting against corrruption in the Croatian FA aren't trying to get them expelled from the tournament by disrupting the game they look a very decent side.

They might be even better if not only those players who allegedly agree to hand over a sizeable % of their income to Zdravko Mamic were 'eligble' to play for the national team.

Eduardo :-(

https://www.reddit.com/r/soccer/comments/4omrzm/an_explanation_to_rsoccer_about_why_did_croatian/

Burney
06-22-2016, 08:12 AM
When the group of fans protesting against corrruption in the Croatian FA aren't trying to get them expelled from the tournament by disrupting the game they look a very decent side.

They might be even better if not only those players who allegedly agree to hand over a sizeable % of their income to Zdravko Mamic were 'eligble' to play for the national team.

https://www.reddit.com/r/soccer/comments/4omrzm/an_explanation_to_rsoccer_about_why_did_croatian/

Yes. I surprised myself by shouting 'YES!' quite loud when the Croats got the winner. Mind you, that has more to do with my increasingly visceral dislike of the spaniards than any great affection for our Hrvatskan chums.

Sir C
06-22-2016, 08:13 AM

They were bloody good. Excellent mental strenz, I thought.

Mind you, Spain look a bit... hollow, to me. At their pomp it all pivoted around Xavi and Iniesta; now Iniesta doesn't look the player he was, and Cesc is great and everything, but he's not Xavi. And they don't seem to have a competent centre forward.

The Jorge
06-22-2016, 08:15 AM

I was wondering why, for the president of the Cravat's FA, Suker was keeping a bit of a low profile.

Davor :love:

redgunamo
06-22-2016, 08:20 AM
I was wondering why, for the president of the Cravat's FA, Suker was keeping a bit of a low profile.

Davor :love:

Oh, yeah. Re: the other day; Davor is, of course, another example of an 'older' player/striker Wenger signed.

The Jorge
06-22-2016, 08:21 AM
Oh, yeah. Re: the other day; Davor is, of course, another example of an 'older' player/striker Wenger signed.

Yeah, bit of a masterstroke that one. Brought in to ease Tel's transition into a world class superstar.

Luis Anaconda
06-22-2016, 08:23 AM

Perisic :love:

redgunamo
06-22-2016, 08:24 AM
Yeah, bit of a masterstroke that one. Brought in to ease Tel's transition into a world class superstar.

Suker was a great, of course, but I'd rather have kept Anelka. He could've been the world's best, another Thierry :-(

Luis Anaconda
06-22-2016, 08:28 AM
Suker was a great, of course, but I'd rather have kept Anelka. He could've been the world's best, another Thierry :-(

Surely that would have made Thierry another Nicolas, as Anelka was there first - and that would never have done

redgunamo
06-22-2016, 08:31 AM
Surely that would have made Thierry another Nicolas, as Anelka was there first - and that would never have done

Thierry became Thierry before Anelka became Thierry, I think I mean. Especially as Anelka never did become Thierry, in any case.

IUFG
06-22-2016, 08:35 AM
and, Thierry would never have played for the likes of ****ing Bolton, for Dennis' sake...

Burney
06-22-2016, 08:46 AM
and, Thierry would never have played for the likes of ****ing Bolton, for Dennis' sake...

Yes, but you wouldn't want to upset Bolton imo.

redgunamo
06-22-2016, 08:54 AM

Nothing to do with Islam though, of course.

Tony C
06-22-2016, 09:02 AM
Suker...brought on with 10 minutes to go vs Galatasary with job to do....score his penalty.

Ffs...at list Kimmy got this right.

Ash
06-23-2016, 10:04 AM
UPDATE: I asked a Croatian I know about Zdravko Mamic. He said:

I do not think that there is such a blatantly open mafia boss in world football. The good thing is that there is no need for murder, they get the job done without it, but bribery, intimidation, racketeering etc... openly. Protected by politics on one side (by the party which was in power for 19 years since 1990) and by UEFA/FIFA on the other. When our former government (not in cahoots with Mamic family) tried to take him out, UEFA came in and "forbid" governmental involvement in football with the threat of kicking us out of all competitions.

He spent a bit of time in prison, paid few million £ in bail, and runs it all again, but it is not totally clear how will it end, as on the last elections in Nov his party won, but barely, so that government just fell. In case they lose again - in coming September elections, Mamic reign may be over (combined with the change of guard in FIFA/UEFA), but I wouldn't bet on it until I see it happen.

So when he's not being protected by the HDZ party in government, he's protected by UEFA/FIFA. And we wonder if it's possible that referees could be bent?