PDA

View Full Version : I think my favourite moment of the England game last night was the very end, when

Burney
06-21-2016, 10:18 AM
rather than lump the ball forward in time-honoured fashion in hope of the win, Henderson (I think), with the last kick of the game, passed it back to the centre half. :hehe:

What ambition! What élan! What an utter crock of **** that game was!

Sir C
06-21-2016, 10:22 AM
rather than lump the ball forward in time-honoured fashion in hope of the win, Henderson (I think), with the last kick of the game, passed it back to the centre half. :hehe:

I rather enjoyed it as a game qua game, actually. It was interesting that the English midfield was so superior to that of the Slovaks that England were able to absolutely dominate the ball, yet the Slovakian defence was superior to the English attack to such a degree that they rarely looked like conceding.

Who knew that thon skelligan-looking **** Skrtl could still be that good?

Pat Vegas
06-21-2016, 10:22 AM
It goes to show I didn't watch much football this past season or so. I don't even know who some of the England players are.

Burney
06-21-2016, 10:25 AM
I rather enjoyed it as a game qua game, actually. It was interesting that the English midfield was so superior to that of the Slovaks that England were able to absolutely dominate the ball, yet the Slovakian defence was superior to the English attack to such a degree that they rarely looked like conceding.

Who knew that thon skelligan-looking **** Skrtl could still be that good?

It bored the hole out of me, I have to say. I heard that England had all these good strikers and attacking players. They all looked a bit **** yesterday, if you ask me.

Luis Anaconda
06-21-2016, 10:26 AM

My favourite moment was Jack being substituted meaning he didn't have to endure any more of playing the ball into Sturridge, making a run and then realizing he was out of position as the useless spazzo-dancing **** once again tried to take nineteen touches when at most two would do. And I didn't have to listen to the retards around me slagging him off - ****s

Sir C
06-21-2016, 10:26 AM
It bored the hole out of me, I have to say. I heard that England had all these good strikers and attacking players. They all looked a bit **** yesterday, if you ask me.

I might have similar issues with appreciating a game of cricket, I suppose.

Burney
06-21-2016, 10:27 AM
It goes to show I didn't watch much football this past season or so. I don't even know who some of the England players are.

Same here. I have literally no idea who Nathaniel Clyne and Ryan Bertrand play for. Also, for some reason, I thought Eric Dier was black.

Burney
06-21-2016, 10:29 AM
My favourite moment was Jack being substituted meaning he didn't have to endure any more of playing the ball into Sturridge, making a run and then realizing he was out of position as the useless spazzo-dancing **** once again tried to take nineteen touches when at most two would do. And I didn't have to listen to the retards around me slagging him off - ****s

Yes, he did some quite clever things, but nobody seemed to be on his wavelength. Still, at least he didn't get injured.

Sir C
06-21-2016, 10:31 AM

Every time I see him in an England shirt he loooks a class above everyone else around him.

We forget what we've got there sometimes.

7sisters
06-21-2016, 10:35 AM

Although, it's fair to say he didn't have his best game. Too easily dispossessed and often running himself into a wall of opposition.
I thought his substitution was inevitable.

PSRB
06-21-2016, 10:44 AM
Although, it's fair to say he didn't have his best game. Too easily dispossessed and often running himself into a wall of opposition.
I thought his substitution was inevitable.

There was no movement ahead of him and every time he made a dart into space the ball went backwards or sideways.

Pat Vegas
06-21-2016, 10:48 AM
What annoyed me was ITV seemed to ignore the fact that England could have ended up finishing 3rd in their group.

I thought we would see a Slovakia last minute winner. though it never looked like it would come as they couldn't get past the halfway line.

In this case I suppose ITV were correct.

Luis Anaconda
06-21-2016, 10:48 AM
There was no movement ahead of him and every time he made a dart into space the ball went backwards or sideways.

I just read somewhere that he was hiding from the ball. JW and indeed JW wept

PSRB
06-21-2016, 10:50 AM
What annoyed me was ITV seemed to ignore the fact that England could have ended up finishing 3rd in their group.

I thought we would see a Slovakia last minute winner. though it never looked like it would come as they couldn't get past the halfway line.

It had Arsenal vs Swansea writ all over it

Burney
06-21-2016, 10:51 AM

I must admit that the prospect of that happening was the only thing that kept any interest in the game at all for me. Was never going to happen, though.