PDA

View Full Version : I went to a place called 'Wirrall' the other day.

Sir C
06-20-2016, 12:51 PM
It was sort of in Liverpool but sort of in Wales, and was populated by village-idiot northern types.

On the other hand there were lots of nice restaurants, **** off great mansions, and people driving proper cars.

What confuses me is how these enclaves of civilisation in the north are funded; that is to say, whence comes the money? I know that some northerners have jobs, like driving buses and shovelling ****, but where do people get the money for big houses and Mercs and actaul proper meals?

It can't all be benefits. Can it?

PSRB
06-20-2016, 12:57 PM
It was sort of in Liverpool but sort of in Wales, and was populated by village-idiot northern types.

On the other hand there were lots of nice restaurants, **** off great mansions, and people driving proper cars.

What confuses me is how these enclaves of civilisation in the north are funded; that is to say, whence comes the money? I know that some northerners have jobs, like driving buses and shovelling ****, but where do people get the money for big houses and Mercs and actaul proper meals?

Where there's muck, there's brass......as we say oop 'ere*

*Professional ballers, innit

Sir C
06-20-2016, 01:05 PM
Where there's muck, there's brass......as we say oop 'ere*

*Professional ballers, innit

I went to a bar and was served a perfectly servicable Negroni, if you can believe it.

Overall, my view of the north has been changed by this experience. I no longer fear it quite as much.

The Jorge
06-20-2016, 01:23 PM

The North has some lovely parts, though I wouldnt say The Wirral is one of them.

Sir C
06-20-2016, 01:26 PM
The North has some lovely parts, though I wouldnt say The Wirral is one of them.

Christ, I didn't suggest for a moment that it was 'lovely', just not as squalid asthe rest.

I am on the verge of jacking it all in and going to live in Cumbria, mind. But that's not really the north.

SWv2
06-20-2016, 01:29 PM
My experience of Wirral citizens is limited to a bunch of lads I used to know and knock about with from Birkenhead.

Without wishing to emphasise the stereotype in any way they were each drug dealers or thieves.

Sir C
06-20-2016, 01:31 PM
My experience of Wirral citizens is limited to a bunch of lads I used to know and knock about with from Birkenhead.

Without wishing to emphasise the stereotype in any way they were each drug dealers or thieves.

I believe I went through at tunnel at this 'Birkenhead'. Ihat part was like driving through an episode of Coronation Street in 1972.

The Jorge
06-20-2016, 01:33 PM
Christ, I didn't suggest for a moment that it was 'lovely', just not as squalid asthe rest.

I am on the verge of jacking it all in and going to live in Cumbria, mind. But that's not really the north.

It's very, very North imo. Have you been to Harrogate? You'd like Harrogate

Sir C
06-20-2016, 01:37 PM
It's very, very North imo. Have you been to Harrogate? You'd like Harrogate

I went to Harrogate once and, oddly, went to a fish and chip shop, where a man scared me by shouting 'Two addock!' into the room in the back where lurked God knows what sort of creaturepreparing the fish.

Do you have a Booths near you j? I love Booths. It's like Waitrose but a bit earthier. I bought some carrier bags.

The Jorge
06-20-2016, 01:41 PM
I went to Harrogate once and, oddly, went to a fish and chip shop, where a man scared me by shouting 'Two addock!' into the room in the back where lurked God knows what sort of creaturepreparing the fish.

Do you have a Booths near you j? I love Booths. It's like Waitrose but a bit earthier. I bought some carrier bags.

Yes, we have one just over the moor in Ilkley. It's a nice place, isnt it?