PDA

View Full Version : Very impressed with Xhaka again. He always looks the best midfielder on the pitch.

Billy Goat Sverige
06-20-2016, 08:49 AM
Switzerland on the whole were actually quite good. France have been a bit ****.

Luis Anaconda
06-20-2016, 08:53 AM

:nod: More importantly though
Haskell :bow: Robshaw :bow: Are these actually the same players?

Sir C
06-20-2016, 08:53 AM

I only watched it with one ye, to be honest, but was mightily impressed with what I saw from him. He's like a metronome... on the other hand, wasn't I given to understand that he is some sort of hardman defensive-type player? Because that side of his game wasn't apparent.

SWv2
06-20-2016, 08:56 AM
I only watched it with one ye, to be honest, but was mightily impressed with what I saw from him. He's like a metronome... on the other hand, wasn't I given to understand that he is some sort of hardman defensive-type player? Because that side of his game wasn't apparent.

The hard-man bit? I think this has come from his disciplinary record in Germany where I believe he has been literally collecting cards.

Positionally he has been ever present in that area just ahead of the back four, withdrawn from the attack.

Didi Hamann, a pundit on our television, is footballistically in love with him.

71 Guns - channeling the spirit of Mr Hat
06-20-2016, 08:57 AM
:nod: This. He's supposed to be the white Vieira. Wenger Out!

redgunamo
06-20-2016, 08:58 AM
:nod: This. He's supposed to be the white Vieira. Wenger Out!

This chap can shoot too, so I gather.

Luis Anaconda
06-20-2016, 08:58 AM
The hard-man bit? I think this has come from his disciplinary record in Germany where I believe he has been literally collecting cards.

Positionally he has been ever present in that area just ahead of the back four, withdrawn from the attack.

That's good enough for me. Rather take his opinion than Danny Murphy's. Are the Irish team getting a lot of stick for Saturday - or is a just a case of realising they were up against a superior side?

71 Guns - channeling the spirit of Mr Hat
06-20-2016, 09:01 AM
This chap can shoot too, so I gather.
That sort of nonsense will stop under AW, reg. At least from outside the box.

Billy Goat Sverige
06-20-2016, 09:01 AM

Yes, quite amazing how much better they're looking under Jones. Very good performance again, albeit slightly different from the first game. There's not much you can fault in that performance tbh, although i would like to see Goode given a chance now and maybe Daly at 13.

redgunamo
06-20-2016, 09:02 AM

Hookers scoring trys :cloud9:

Billy Goat Sverige
06-20-2016, 09:02 AM

Just read Neil Lennon compared him to Charlie Adam :hehe:

http://www.football365.com/news/lennon-compares-xhaka-unfavourably-to-charlie-adam

SWv2
06-20-2016, 09:06 AM
That's good enough for me. Rather take his opinion than Danny Murphy's. Are the Irish team getting a lot of stick for Saturday - or is a just a case of realising they were up against a superior side?

There is a bit of sober acceptance that take away the intangible of spirit and what is left is a collection of average and below average footballers, whereas Belgium are a collection of excellent footballers.

I like to think the result is no huge shock to any person that actually understands football as opposed to the green army who latch onto international summer tournaments and get sucked into media hype.

As an illustration I will paraphrase to you from television punditry last week, where the assembled experts were talking about how the ‘very top players in the world’ can control football matches, this was during a pre-game discussion on Bale. The discussion was relative to midfield footballers through whom a team would channel their play.

“ …Iniesta, Modric, Houlahan ..”

I used a swear word.

Luis Anaconda
06-20-2016, 09:06 AM
Hookers scoring trys :cloud9:
Props putting in grubber kicks :yikes:

Luis Anaconda
06-20-2016, 09:08 AM
Yes, quite amazing how much better they're looking under Jones. Very good performance again, albeit slightly different from the first game. There's not much you can fault in that performance tbh, although i would like to see Goode given a chance now and maybe Daly at 13.
Amazing defence mostly - but we had to expect a backlash from last week. Alex Goode definitely deserves a chance. Might see Clifford as well if Haskell is out.

PSRB
06-20-2016, 09:21 AM

Still think he plays 20 yards too deep but yes, I like him

PSRB
06-20-2016, 09:21 AM
Props putting in grubber kicks :yikes:

That was rather brilliant. Moore looked so gutted in his interview :-)

Luis Anaconda
06-20-2016, 09:27 AM
That was rather brilliant. Moore looked so gutted in his interview :-)

he did - missed the interview with Cheika, that must have been fun. Do think we had the rub of the green from the ref though, particularly once Billy had ****ed up putting the ball out

PSRB
06-20-2016, 09:29 AM
he did - missed the interview with Cheika, that must have been fun. Do think we had the rub of the green from the ref though, particularly once Billy had ****ed up putting the ball out

He was clearly looking at the big screen clock, would have been harsh on him had they scored but yes, we have been a bit fortunate

redgunamo
06-20-2016, 09:37 AM
Still think he plays 20 yards too deep but yes, I like him

Leaves more space in behind for Giroud to run into, I suppose.

PSRB
06-20-2016, 09:42 AM
Leaves more space in behind for Giroud to run into, I suppose.

Giroud run?

redgunamo
06-20-2016, 09:44 AM
Giroud run?

I was trying to be funny :-\

PSRB
06-20-2016, 09:45 AM
I was trying to be funny :-\

I assumed you were but thought I'd check

Luis Anaconda
06-20-2016, 09:53 AM
I assumed you were but thought I'd check

Do you think Neil Lennon was trying to be funny? Might explain his time at Bolton

http://www.football365.com/news/lennon-compares-xhaka-unfavourably-to-charlie-adam

Norn Iron
06-20-2016, 09:54 AM
There is a bit of sober acceptance that take away the intangible of spirit and what is left is a collection of average and below average footballers, whereas Belgium are a collection of excellent footballers.

I like to think the result is no huge shock to any person that actually understands football as opposed to the green army who latch onto international summer tournaments and get sucked into media hype.

As an illustration I will paraphrase to you from television punditry last week, where the assembled experts were talking about how the ‘very top players in the world’ can control football matches, this was during a pre-game discussion on Bale. The discussion was relative to midfield footballers through whom a team would channel their play.

“ …Iniesta, Modric, Houlahan ..”

I used a swear word.

He obviously meant to say "Iniesta, Modric, Davis" :-)

I'm loving Northern Ireland being at the Euros. Seeing all the fans and the reaction after they beat Ukraine was great. Big Gareth McAuley scoring & he used to play for Coleraine. Stevie Davis from up the road, the Captain who used to play in the Ballymena and District youth leagues... unreal.

PSRB
06-20-2016, 10:06 AM
Do you think Neil Lennon was trying to be funny? Might explain his time at Bolton

It does make you wonder how certain people get management jobs

SWv2
06-20-2016, 10:27 AM
He obviously meant to say "Iniesta, Modric, Davis" :-)

I'm loving Northern Ireland being at the Euros. Seeing all the fans and the reaction after they beat Ukraine was great. Big Gareth McAuley scoring & he used to play for Coleraine. Stevie Davis from up the road, the Captain who used to play in the Ballymena and District youth leagues... unreal.

The wee bit of play for your second goal the other day was one of my favourite so far in the whole tournament. The whole watching world expected your man to go to the corner but **** that.

redgunamo
06-20-2016, 03:38 PM
That sort of nonsense will stop under AW, reg. At least from outside the box.

#shootintelligently