06-17-2016, 09:22 AM
Belgium - Eire
Iceland - Hungary
Portugal - Austria

3 home wins.

The Jorge
06-17-2016, 09:23 AM
Who else is playing?

I have no idea, I think I'll be dining in mun-che-stoh before PE come on :)

Luis Anaconda
06-17-2016, 09:29 AM
3 home wins.

I think you have a chance against Belgium - good players but not a great team imo. If Italy win today, you'll* be in a good position by tomorrow night

*once my Irish passport comes throuhg it will be "we'll" :)

SWv2
06-17-2016, 09:44 AM
I think you have a chance against Belgium - good players but not a great team imo. If Italy win today, you'll* be in a good position by tomorrow night

*once my Irish passport comes throuhg it will be "we'll" :)

Italy most impressive side so far, by quite a distance I would say. Shocked by how poor Die Mannschaft were last night, imagine the media are kicking off today. I sat watching Gotze trying to get my head around the whole thing, not just last night but more or less every time I have seen him. I then verbally criticised Lowe for not starting Reus. Then I realised and moved onto swearing.

Belgian game is far from a foregone conclusion (we were 9/2 yesterday) but I have just gone on the basis of them having much better individual footballers than us. The collective intangible of team spirit works in our favour but I will stick with my original.

Plus it looks like we might start James McClean.

Luis Anaconda
06-17-2016, 09:49 AM
Italy most impressive side so far, by quite a distance I would say. Shocked by how poor Die Mannschaft were last night, imagine the media are kicking off today. I sat watching Gotze trying to get my head around the whole thing, not just last night but more or less every time I have seen him. I then verbally criticised Lowe for not starting Reus. Then I realised and moved onto swearing.

Belgian game is far from a foregone conclusion (we were 9/2 yesterday) but I have just gone on the basis of them having much better individual footballers than us. The collective intangible of team spirit works in our favour but I will stick with my original.

Plus it looks like we might start James McClean.
McLean - oh bugger

Yes Germany were poor. The Götze up front thing completely negates the utter brilliance of Özil and Kroos. Play Müller there at least. Gomez is a **** also. Lack of a striker is going to hurt them. Say what you want about Roy but his policy of bringing lots of half decent strikers may well turn out to be a good one

The Jorge
06-17-2016, 09:58 AM
McLean - oh bugger

Yes Germany were poor. The Götze up front thing completely negates the utter brilliance of Özil and Kroos. Play Müller there at least. Gomez is a **** also. Lack of a striker is going to hurt them. Say what you want about Roy but his policy of bringing lots of half decent strikers may well turn out to be a good one

Yes, Muller really is the obvious option. Certainly not that George McFly looking ****er, Gomez

SWv2
06-17-2016, 09:59 AM
McLean - oh bugger

France are most people's favourites and they have no striker either.

redgunamo
06-17-2016, 10:12 AM
Yes, Muller really is the obvious option. Certainly not that George McFly looking ****er, Gomez

What are you homos on about, Gómez is a fantastic striker. As is Giroud.

Luis Anaconda
06-17-2016, 10:13 AM
France are most people's favourites and they have no striker either.

:hehe: I watched the game on Wednesday with a French friend of mine. I was able to point out that now he knows what Arsenal fans feel like every week. No doubt Monty will come on and tell us just how good Giroud is in training though

Jake
06-17-2016, 10:14 AM
I might even stay to watch The Stone Roses afterwards tbh

They're awful in big venues imo. Need somewhere much closer.

Luis Anaconda
06-17-2016, 10:15 AM
i can only think that Müller doesn't want to play there - seems odd otherwise. Without a Lewandowski or Mandžukić he is compromised

Also a tip of the hat for the George McFly reference

Luis Anaconda
06-17-2016, 10:16 AM
What are you homos on about, Gómez is a fantastic striker. As is Giroud.

Standing still and letting the ball hit you and occasionally this resulting in a goal does not make a fantastic striker - or does it :rubchin:

SWv2
06-17-2016, 10:17 AM

Roses or PI?

The former are quite gash (live) in any environment I have found. Musically very sound but the vocals are like listening to your best mate at 4am when you get back to yours at 4am and decide to keep it going until the early house.

redgunamo
06-17-2016, 10:22 AM
Standing still and letting the ball hit you and occasionally this resulting in a goal does not make a fantastic striker - or does it :rubchin:

"Strikers have an instinct you cannot teach. They go in the right place at the right time. So Sterling and Lallana don't get in the same positions as the two substitutes."

Gómez has scored about 300 goals :shrug:

Jake
06-17-2016, 10:22 AM
Roses or PI?

The former are quite gash (live) in any environment I have found. Musically very sound but the vocals are like listening to your best mate at 4am when you get back to yours at 4am and decide to keep it going until the early house.

Public Enemy. Why the **** would I see the Stone Roses?

Looking forward to Glastonbury next week, gonna go and see Underworld lol.

SWv2
06-17-2016, 10:26 AM
Public Enemy. Why the **** would I see the Stone Roses?

Looking forward to Glastonbury next week, gonna go and see Underworld lol.

Very true, I can understand a youngster not having that Roses interest. Their continued existence is based purely on nostalgia for those 40 and above.

Personally I would have no interest in PI but that is a genre thing.

Underworld are superb live, I suggest you neck a cupped handful of pills and get right into it. Who else are playing this year??

The Jorge
06-17-2016, 10:30 AM

Thanks Jake, Pokster-esque chip pissing there, superb work

redgunamo
06-17-2016, 10:30 AM
Very true, I can understand a youngster not having that Roses interest. Their continued existence is based purely on nostalgia for those 40 and above.

Underworld are superb live, I suggest you neck a cupped handful of pills and get right into it. Who else are playing this year??

Well, Public Enemy are hardly the gay, young blades of the pop music world either, are they. Or *are* they :rubchin:

Jake
06-17-2016, 10:32 AM
Thanks Jake, Pokster-esque chip pissing there, superb work

Sorry. It might be alright in a stadium. I find hip-hop/rap a bit of a struggle in big spaces though; the sound doesn't travel so well and there's always a bit of a weird stage presence, especially if they're old.

Kanye last year obviously went against the grain. A performance to end all performances.

The Jorge
06-17-2016, 10:35 AM
Sorry. It might be alright in a stadium. I find hip-hop/rap a bit of a struggle in big spaces though; the sound doesn't travel so well and there's always a bit of a weird stage presence, especially if they're old.

Kanye last year obviously went against the grain. A performance to end all performances.

Ninja please. Kanye ffs

Herbette Chapman - aged 15
I might even stay to watch The Stone Roses afterwards tbh

Be even more exciting if either band had any relevance :-)

Jake

Yeah I'm quite excited tbh, they're in a **** off tent as well. Er, headliners are embarrassing (Adele, Coldplay, Muse) but the rest is good. LCD Soundsystem, PJ Harvey, James Blake, Kasami Washington, Four Tet, Stormzy etc. The rest is always good. I'll probably see all the headliners though. To piss on someone in the crowd at least.

Jake
06-17-2016, 10:36 AM
Ninja please. Kanye ffs

Hahaha. Think of him like Cristiano: an infuriating egotist who's ****ing amazing at what he does.

The Jorge
06-17-2016, 10:37 AM
Be even more exciting if either band had any relevance :-)

I refer you to our resident pubescent hipster's posts above.

SWv2
06-17-2016, 10:38 AM
Well, Public Enemy are hardly the gay, young blades of the pop music world either, are they. Or *are* they :rubchin:

Very true, but then they are only the support act. Whilst nostalgia does exist in their case it would perhaps fill the Garage on Holloway Road.

The Jorge
06-17-2016, 10:42 AM
Very true, but then they are only the support act. Whilst nostalgia does exist in their case it would perhaps fill the Garage on Holloway Road.

Ffffffffffffff**** off.

The Jorge
06-17-2016, 10:43 AM
Hahaha. Think of him like Cristiano: an infuriating egotist who's ****ing amazing at what he does.

Actually I have a mate who thinks he ****s gold, he likened him to Morrissey.

Jake
06-17-2016, 10:48 AM
Actually I have a mate who thinks he ****s gold, he likened him to Morrissey.

Best and most interesting artist of the last 15 years, no doubt (Ye, not the other ****).

redgunamo
06-17-2016, 11:06 AM

Right. I think I saw them at The Wag, in around '88 :old:

The Jorge
06-17-2016, 11:12 AM
Best and most interesting artist of the last 15 years, no doubt (Ye, not the other ****).

And yet everyone who doesnt like him thinks he's a pompous, humourless, arrogant ****.

Black Morrissey, fact

SWv2
06-17-2016, 11:16 AM

Steady on J ffs.

Luis Anaconda
06-17-2016, 12:05 PM

harsh on the Garage

Luis Anaconda
06-17-2016, 12:12 PM
"Strikers have an instinct you cannot teach. They go in the right place at the right time. So Sterling and Lallana don't get in the same positions as the two substitutes."

Gómez has scored about 300 goals :shrug:
He's a fine player, red

I just can't stand him