PDA

View Full Version : The Brexit Flotilla is quite a thing, isnt it?

The Jorge
06-15-2016, 10:37 AM
I wish the Blackfish was here, he'd know what to do.

http://tribzap2it.files.wordpress.com/2014/11/game-of-thrones-the-blackfish.gif?w=500&h=281

The Jorge
06-15-2016, 11:00 AM
I wish the Blackfish was here, he'd know what to do.

http://tribzap2it.files.wordpress.com/2014/11/game-of-thrones-the-blackfish.gif?w=500&h=281

Update: They're now being chased by Bob Geldof. I'm not sure you could make this **** up.

Luis Anaconda
06-15-2016, 11:06 AM
Update: They're now being chased by Bob Geldof. I'm not sure you could make this **** up.
he used to lead the rats not follow them :(

The Jorge
06-15-2016, 11:13 AM
he used to lead the rats not follow them :(

:hehe: I think the beeb have nailed it

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Ck_L2ikWkAA-oGw.jpg

Luis Anaconda
06-15-2016, 11:20 AM
:hehe: I think the beeb have nailed it

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Ck_L2ikWkAA-oGw.jpg

:hehe: oh and ***SPOILER ALERT***

The Blackfish :cry:

Jake
06-15-2016, 11:20 AM
[QUOTE=The Jorge;4117233]I wish the Blackfish was here, he'd know what to do.

Well worth reading all of Michael Deacon's updates:

https://twitter.com/MichaelPDeacon/status/743037646826573825

The Jorge
06-15-2016, 11:30 AM

Yes, he's surprisingly not a massive ****, given he writes for the Telegraph and all. Hopefully they dont find out and fire him.

The Jorge
06-15-2016, 11:31 AM

I know, I know. I'm a bit of a fan of the boy Bryndon too. One of my favourite characters.

Surely there's a twist afoot

Burney
06-15-2016, 11:31 AM

The Blackfish chose to die when he could have led his army out of the castle and gone to help Sansa.

The Blackfish was, frankly, a prick.

Luis Anaconda
06-15-2016, 11:37 AM
The Blackfish chose to die when he could have led his army out of the castle and gone to help Sansa.

Stubborn ******* - still one of the better characters though

Luis Anaconda
06-15-2016, 11:38 AM
I know, I know. I'm a bit of a fan of the boy Bryndon too. One of my favourite characters.

Surely there's a twist afoot
Yeah, I thought it was a bit odd that his death was announced like that rather than shown

The Jorge
06-15-2016, 11:42 AM

I like that we can even find the room to vehemently disagree about fictional characters :hehe:

Top work

Burney
06-15-2016, 11:44 AM
Stubborn ******* - still one of the better characters though

Yeah. Although I wasn't convinced by Edmure just caving in to Jaime's threat of pinging his son out of a catapult. That son is a grandson or great grandson of Walder Frey. I can't imagine he'd take too kindly to that suggestion.

Also, I don't believe the guards would have just let Edmure in like that against the Blackfish's wishes.

Burney
06-15-2016, 11:46 AM
I like that we can even find the room to vehemently disagree about fictional characters :hehe:

Top work

Several thousand troops with their arms who could have served useful purposes just pissed away because of his pride. Very irritating.

Luis Anaconda
06-15-2016, 11:47 AM

Top work

A man blinkeredly defending his home territory, oblivious to the benefits that embracing the outside world will bring and the harm that he will inflict on his own by refusing to engage with those not of his land. Almost as if there is a metaphor in there somewhere

Luis Anaconda
06-15-2016, 11:49 AM
Yeah. Although I wasn't convinced by Edmure just caving in to Jaime's threat of pinging his son out of a catapult. That son is a grandson or great grandson of Walder Frey. I can't imagine he'd take too kindly to that suggestion.

Also, I don't believe the guards would have just let Edmure in like that against the Blackfish's wishes.
Yeah - I caught up with your summary earlier. Agree it was a bit off. Though Edmure being a completely spineless idiot is at least consistent

Burney
06-15-2016, 11:51 AM
A man blinkeredly defending his home territory, oblivious to the benefits that embracing the outside world will bring and the harm that he will inflict on his own by refusing to engage with those not of his land. Almost as if there is a metaphor in there somewhere

Uh-huh? How's is your German coming along, by the way? :-)

The Jorge
06-15-2016, 11:52 AM
Several thousand troops with their arms who could have served useful purposes just pissed away because of his pride. Very irritating.

You dont lose your family seat without going down fighting though. He didnt get to be The Blackfish by folding at the first sign of some one handed incestuous ponce giving it the big 'un.

The Jorge
06-15-2016, 11:53 AM

:hehe: beautifully put

Luis Anaconda
06-15-2016, 12:01 PM
Uh-huh? How's is your German coming along, by the way? :-)
Sehr gut, danke

So is my application for an Irish passport. If the Irish government want to write off their debts, they should just put their prices up

Ash
06-15-2016, 12:36 PM

I see what you did there.

If we remove the blinkers we will see a whole world out there that we can, as the world's fifth-largest economy, easily negotiate our own trade deals with, undoing the harm currently inflicted by refusing to engage with them, a consequence of the inward-loooking, narrow, parochial focus of the walled-in customs union.

Very cunning, my liege. :thumbup:

Luis Anaconda
06-15-2016, 12:39 PM
I see what you did there.

If we remove the blinkers we will see a whole world out there that we can, as the world's fifth-largest economy, easily negotiate our own trade deals with, undoing the harm currently inflicted by refusing to engage with them, a consequence of the inward-loooking, narrow, parochial focus of the walled-in customs union.

Very cunning, my liege. :thumbup:

:hehe: touché, a

PSRB
06-15-2016, 12:49 PM

and Marina Hyde's