PDA

View Full Version : Igor Lebedev? Igor LADedev more like

The Jorge
06-13-2016, 02:06 PM
“I don’t see anything wrong with the fans fighting. Quite the opposite, well done lads, keep it up!” – Russian MP Igor Lebedev

Luis Anaconda
06-13-2016, 02:07 PM
“I don’t see anything wrong with the fans fighting. Quite the opposite, well done lads, keep it up!” – Russian MP Igor Lebedev

I actually met a person called Igor this weekend. Never met one before. He was a Dutchman living in Mallorca, which made it even more bizarre

Ash
06-13-2016, 02:11 PM
I actually met a person called Igor this weekend. Never met one before. He was a Dutchman living in Mallorca, which made it even more bizarre

Igor :bow:

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/98/f4/98/98f4983cd6cf9f89f22cd60b9b5f977a.jpg

Luis Anaconda
06-13-2016, 02:26 PM
Igor :bow:

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/98/f4/98/98f4983cd6cf9f89f22cd60b9b5f977a.jpg

:hehe: I thought of that - particularly as the fella in question was describing in great detail about matching wines with particular foods, patching everything together perfectly

Burney
06-13-2016, 02:27 PM
:hehe: I thought of that - particularly as the fella in question was describing in great detail about matching wines with particular foods, patching everything together perfectly

I hate people who talk that ****. Anyone spending a lot of time thinking about matching their wine to their food isn't drinking enough.

Luis Anaconda
06-13-2016, 02:32 PM
I hate people who talk that ****. Anyone spending a lot of time thinking about matching their wine to their food isn't drinking enough.
tbf it was his job to create the wine list for a hotel with four different restaurants and he was supplying me with rather a lot of good ones to taste. I would draw the line at the point he went on to explain all the aromas in a glass which included mushroom at one point. I could just smell wine

Burney
06-13-2016, 02:47 PM
tbf it was his job to create the wine list for a hotel with four different restaurants and he was supplying me with rather a lot of good ones to taste. I would draw the line at the point he went on to explain all the aromas in a glass which included mushroom at one point. I could just smell wine

Oh, fair enough, then. I just have terrible memories of one dinner party I attended where the host made everyone drink only his recommended wine with each course. This meant that not only did I end up drinking unwelcome wine, it also meant that we only got one glass each per course. :-(

I left that house sober, la. Sober, I tell you :cry:

Ash
06-13-2016, 02:50 PM
Oh, fair enough, then. I just have terrible memories of one dinner party I attended where the host made everyone drink only his recommended wine with each course. This meant that not only did I end up drinking unwelcome wine, it also meant that we only got one glass each per course. :-(

I think that's fairly standard procedure in France. When I used to go over there my GF's dad would have a wine for each course. Didn't bother me, really. Wasn't a serious boozer at the time.

Luis Anaconda
06-13-2016, 02:50 PM

Jesus wept, b - that's a disgrace. We were at a tasting in a winery but there was none of this pour a drop and swill it around your mouth ****. Glasses were kept full at all times. For Spaniards, the Mallorcans are lovely people

SWv2
06-13-2016, 02:53 PM

Should have just chinned the sap.

Burney
06-13-2016, 02:56 PM
I think that's fairly standard procedure in France. When I used to go over there my GF's dad would have a wine for each course. Didn't bother me, really. Wasn't a serious boozer at the time.

Yes. Can't stand it myself. I'll drink a crisp Chablis with seafood on a sunny day or even have a cheeky pichet of rosé if on hollibobs. However, I am generally going to drink red wine regardless of what I'm eating because it's what I prefer. Can't be arsed pissing about.

Ash
06-13-2016, 03:00 PM

Bit of a violent solution.

Burney
06-13-2016, 03:00 PM

I can still remember the way the post dinner conversation dragged as I swirled the non-existent wine around my utterly empty glass and even at one point ostentatiously upended it in the hope of the tiniest drop of alcohol coming my way. But did it? Did it ****. *******.