PDA

View Full Version : Early Euro 2016 thoughts.....

Tony C
06-13-2016, 10:43 AM
I'm impressed with the style of play and the speed some of these games are going at...so much for players being tired.

This will be an excellent tournament to buy players from imo...they're all in tremendous form.

Anways...

England - If you didn't know it Roy has adopted the Wenger formation of a Back 4, 1 defensive midfielder and everyone else running around doing their best Barcelona impression for 90 minutes. There's no rhyme or reason to this and I feel against better more tactically aware players they'll be carved open like Italy and Uraguay did in the World Cup.

I was impressed with Rooney...wow....incredible. Even saw him playing the defensive midfield role a couple of times and passing the ball out very stylishly.

The goal they conceded was truly comical and just one error after another...not sure why Roy said it was tremendous and well taken executed goal because it was dog sh't defending and as Arsenal fans we can all spot this so easily...been beaten into us over the last decade.

They need to watch out now...because losing to Wales will mean that the Welsh and Russia can just play out a draw in the last game to both qualify....I know it's pretty likely that England will beat Wales but can you really right a side off in a 1 off game when they have Mighty Joe Young up front? Probably not...trapped game...dangerous game for England...got a feeling that England might blow them away like they did to Holland in Euro 1996....if they start the game like they did vs Russia then they can easily blitz The Welsh defence apart.

France - looked top class imo but can they keep it going? No complaints here...this is one helluva side....Pogba and Giroud were terrific.

Germany - were absolute rubbish last night....I had a treble going with a horse at Doncaster which won and
Poland with Germany as the final leg...I wasn't amused. should have lost as Ukraine tore them open time and time again.

unimpressed with Gotze up front...looks too slow and lacking confidence....also looks a bit fat too.

Northern Ireland - not bad....just a bit too defensive. They need to keep their spirits up because there's still a lot to play for in their group. Sticking together and showing great team work is what got them this far and they got to keep believing in that.

Croatia - tipped up by some shrewdies as the bet of the tournament and I can see why.....reminds me of the Czech Republic...if you haven't backed them as yet them give them consideration...a very very underrated side.

Waiting to see the Belgians next....no2 in the world eh....this should be interesting.

Spain....can't see them winning this with no Messi....can't see it lads...ballsy move to leave him out.

Tony C
06-14-2016, 08:34 AM
Spain - ordinary.....missing Messi big time
Czech Rep - not expecting much here....will be big trouble if Croatia roll over Spain which they're more than capable of doing.

Republic - at least we know the problem....sort their full backs out although they might get away with this in their next two games with Belgium lacking any width whatsoever and Italy and their 352 system. as things stand I can see them putting away Belgium before shaking hands with the Italians for a very famous draw.

Belgium - no 2 in the world? Jesus. Reminds me of Portugal a few years back....very talented but just can't put it together and looked laboured at times. If they're going to play that narrow and with so many flair players then they should do like the Argies and play a 3-3-3-1 formation and makes max use of the talent they have while forcing them to work for each other. Whatever they do they need to pick things up because The Republic can blow this lot away imo Belgium far more talented but MON and Roy will have their players pumped up big time.

Italy....happy days 352 hail hail! The back 3 and wing backs looked superb....they will be extremely hard for the 4231 teams to break down. I cannot see Germany or France breaking them do with their teams...in fact I can't see them score against this lot. They will eat Roy's 5 striker system for breakfast. my idea of the winners imo.....11/1 looks a fine bet.....haven't had an outright bet as yet but I will now.