PDA

View Full Version : YES! :cloud9:

Rich
06-09-2016, 11:54 AM
http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/jamie-vardy-to-arsenal-striker-tells-england-stars-he-wants-to-stay-at-leicester-and-is-80-per-cent-a3267441.html

Jamie Vardy is leaning towards rejecting a move to Arsenal in favour of staying at Leicester City.

Sources close to the England camp here have told Standard Sport that the 29-year-old has discussed the situation with several players and is “80 per cent” likely to turn down the Gunners.

Pokster
06-09-2016, 12:08 PM
http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/jamie-vardy-to-arsenal-striker-tells-england-stars-he-wants-to-stay-at-leicester-and-is-80-per-cent-a3267441.html

Jamie Vardy is leaning towards rejecting a move to Arsenal in favour of staying at Leicester City.

Sources close to the England camp here have told Standard Sport that the 29-year-old has discussed the situation with several players and is “80 per cent” likely to turn down the Gunners.

I'm pleased for you.. why we want to sign a proven goalscorer is beyond me, far better getting nobody and keeping our fingers crossed we score enough goals to win the league.

PSRB
06-09-2016, 12:09 PM

If the little pikey is going to make us have to put up with 4 weeks of Yes he's coming, no he's not, then he can really just **** off. More than bored of it already!!

The Jorge
06-09-2016, 12:13 PM

What is the lowest level of title you would feel comfortable, Rich? Presumably knights are out of the question but would you be OK if we bought a Baronet or a Viscount?

Sir C
06-09-2016, 12:15 PM
I'm pleased for you.. why we want to sign a proven goalscorer is beyond me, far better getting nobody and keeping our fingers crossed we score enough goals to win the league.

Is he the sort of fellow you'd be happy to see representing The Arsenal Football Club, p?

Billy Goat Sverige
06-09-2016, 12:19 PM

I'm not sure Vardy would go around telling people he's "80 per cent" doing anything, tbh. Bit of an easy get out for the writer of the article, isn't it?

The Jorge
06-09-2016, 12:20 PM
I'm not sure Vardy would go around telling people his "80 per cent" doing anything, tbh. Bit of an easy get out for the writer of the article, isn't it?

Good point, he's more the sort of bloke who would only use percentages north of 110. He's probably one of those people who say "million percent"

7sisters
06-09-2016, 12:21 PM
Is he the sort of fellow you'd be happy to see representing The Arsenal Football Club, p?

If true..that just makes it worse. The audacity of the oik. This is The Arsenal..
He should be crawling here on his hands and knees.

Red N White Army
06-09-2016, 12:22 PM
Yeah, total *******s article. Basically says that he doesn't know. Vardy will regret it if he doesn't move though, especially when Kante and Mahrez **** off too

Rich
06-09-2016, 12:25 PM
Yeah, total *******s article. Basically says that he doesn't know. Vardy will regret it if he doesn't move though, especially when Kante and Mahrez **** off too

Just can't see him being a success with us. Can you honestly see him picking his way through a packed defence, exchanging deft one twos with Mesut? No.

Ash
06-09-2016, 12:27 PM

#VARDZ: "So, lads, should I sign for Arsenal?"
SPURS PLAYERS 1,2,3,4 plus CAHILL, ROOONEY, HENDERSON,DANDRUFFJOE etc: "Nah."
#WHEELCHAIR: "Yeah"

The Jorge
06-09-2016, 12:28 PM
#VARDZ: "So, lads, should I sign for Arsenal?"
SPURS PLAYERS 1,2,3,4 plus CAHILL, ROOONEY, HENDERSON,DANDRUFFJOE etc: "Nah."
#WHEELCHAIR: "Yeah"

Jack's out for three months with a hand-raising injury

Billy Goat Sverige
06-09-2016, 12:30 PM
Just can't see him being a success with us. Can you honestly see him picking his way through a packed defence, exchanging deft one twos with Mesut? No.

Yes, because that's all we do and the only way to play football....

Rich
06-09-2016, 12:30 PM
If true..that just makes it worse. The audacity of the oik. This is The Arsenal..
He should be crawling here on his hands and knees.

It's a safe bet for him to stay there. If they are really offering him 100k a week then he knows he can start every week, be worshipped and leave the club a legend.

If he comes here I honestly think he would be out-scored by Giroud, spend a lot of time on the bench and be regarded as a one season wonder (which may also be the case if he says at LCFC).

I'd rather have someone from the continent, tbh.

Red N White Army
06-09-2016, 12:31 PM

With the signing of Xhaka, I think we're trying to change the style of play to a more couter-attacking style that worked in some of the bigger games. Even if not, he's a decent finisher so I think he'd score plenty for us. Ozil alone created ****loads of chances

Rich
06-09-2016, 12:31 PM
Yes, because that's all we do and the only way to play football....

Also, why does he always have a bandage on his hand? It adds to the impression I get of him being an absolutely vile human being.

Red N White Army
06-09-2016, 12:32 PM
Oh, I don't disagree with that. Proper pikey.

Ash
06-09-2016, 12:41 PM
It's a safe bet for him to stay there. If they are really offering him 100k a week then he knows he can start every week, be worshipped and leave the club a legend.

If he comes here I honestly think he would be out-scored by Giroud, spend a lot of time on the bench and be regarded as a one season wonder (which may also be the case if he says at LCFC).

I'd rather have someone from the continent, tbh.

He's basically a good version of Walcott, with the pace and finishing but without the spazzy moments, the disappearing from games, the faint heartedness and jogging around gently with his tiny fists on his chest.

The other thing is that for twenty odd miwyon it leavs more monies to buy all the other players we need. Spend 50-60 million on whichever name you've read about this week and there's less available elsewhere.

He's not coming though, so that's that. Akpom it is.

Rich
06-09-2016, 12:48 PM
He's basically a good version of Walcott, with the pace and finishing but without the spazzy moments, the disappearing from games, the faint heartedness and jogging around gently with his tiny fists on his chest.

The other thing is that for twenty odd miwyon it leavs more monies to buy all the other players we need. Spend 50-60 million on whichever name you've read about this week and there's less available elsewhere.

He's not coming though, so that's that. Akpom it is.

What about than Jannssen that Spurs are after from Ajax?

Pokster
06-09-2016, 01:05 PM
What about than Jannssen that Spurs are after from Ajax?

You seem to like jumping on the bandwaggon of any name mentioned that you have never seen play

SWv2
06-09-2016, 01:56 PM
Also, why does he always have a bandage on his hand? It adds to the impression I get of him being an absolutely vile human being.

A bandage makes him a vile human being? Perhaps he has some kind of injury, never really thought about this before, just assumed.

redgunamo
06-09-2016, 02:00 PM
A bandage makes him a vile human being? Perhaps he has some kind of injury, never really thought about this before, just assumed.

I think he once may have had an injury but now, Cech-like, the bandage is merely there for peace of mind, rather than any chronic physical necessity.

SWv2
06-09-2016, 02:01 PM

Does a one-off season equate to being proven?

I seem to recall that he scored as many last season as he had done in his 3 previous seasons (combined) with Leicester.

Pokster
06-09-2016, 02:42 PM
Does a one-off season equate to being proven?

I seem to recall that he scored as many last season as he had done in his 3 previous seasons (combined) with Leicester.

He has proved he can score a good amount of goals in the PL, I understand that doesn't mean it is guaranteed he will do it again, but I would guess that it is more likely than signing someone with no PL experience who hasn't scored many goals in his career

7sisters
06-09-2016, 02:50 PM

http://www.tvchoicemagazine.co.uk/sites/default/files/imagecache/interview_image/intex/keith_lemon_0.png

The Jorge
06-09-2016, 02:51 PM
http://www.tvchoicemagazine.co.uk/sites/default/files/imagecache/interview_image/intex/keith_lemon_0.png

wd7, now that is a proper vile human being.