PDA

View Full Version : Jorge... You know that Jonathan Meades absolutely despises many of the ideas you hold

Burney
06-08-2016, 08:30 PM
dear, don't you?

Multiculturalism he describes as a continuation of the British colonial idea that natives should be encouraged in their backward habits because the alternative is that they might otherwise dare to consider themselves as good as whites.

Pacifism he describes as 'the most vapid of ideologies' and conscientious objection as 'delusory' and 'a head-in-the-sand form of cowardice'.

He describes communism as 'slavery'.

He also points out that anti-semitism is absolutely at the root of the British Labour movement and remains so today.

I mean, I agree with him absolutely. He is profoundly intellectually conservative and utterly contemptuous of the faddish absurdity and intellectual flimsiness of leftism. In other words, he's a good chap.

I'm just curious as to why you like him.

Herbette Chapman - aged 15
06-08-2016, 08:46 PM
Jumped up food writer B. I reckon if they crossed swords intellectually, Jorge'd lick him.

Burney
06-08-2016, 08:52 PM
Jumped up food writer B. I reckon if they crossed swords intellectually, Jorge'd lick him.

'Intellectually'? 'Jorge'? :hehe: :hehe: :hehe: :hehe:

Oh, my dear chap! I love j dearly and value my intercourse with him hugely, but intellectually rigorous he is not.

06-08-2016, 09:08 PM
intellectually rigorous he is not.

Did I mention rigour? J's intellect is of a nature too unconstrained and impertinent to be rigorous.

I hugely enjoy my intercourse with your mother by the way.

The Jorge
06-08-2016, 09:38 PM
dear, don't you?

Multiculturalism he describes as a continuation of the British colonial idea that natives should be encouraged in their backward habits because the alternative is that they might otherwise dare to consider themselves as good as whites.

Pacifism he describes as 'the most vapid of ideologies' and conscientious objection as 'delusory' and 'a head-in-the-sand form of cowardice'.

He also points out that anti-semitism is absolutely at the root of the British Labour movement and remains so today.

I mean, I agree with him absolutely. He is profoundly intellectually conservative and utterly contemptuous of the faddish absurdity and intellectual flimsiness of leftism. In other words, he's a good chap.

The man is a fantastic writer. Other essayists I absolutely love are PJ O'Rourke, Hunter Thompson and George Orwell. Good luck finding any political similarities between them, or with me.

I'm grown up enough to not have to agree with everything I read.

The Jorge
06-08-2016, 09:40 PM
'Intellectually'? 'Jorge'? :hehe: :hehe: :hehe: :hehe:

Oh, my dear chap! I love j dearly and value my intercourse with him hugely, but intellectually rigorous he is not.

Oh bless, you'll always bat for your own. It's the sort of loyalty I admire in a man and a dog.

The Jorge
06-08-2016, 09:43 PM

Thank you for that compliment, Herb. In fairness, I'd struggle if it were an architecture or food round.

06-09-2016, 07:04 AM
The man is a fantastic writer. Other essayists I absolutely love are PJ O'Rourke, Hunter Thompson and George Orwell. Good luck finding any political similarities between them, or with me.

In fact libertarians like O' Rourke and Hitchens (RIP), even Burney :-) , have the advantage, in their essay writing, of not being expected by their audience to moderate their invective - quite the contrary, they may be as ****ish as they please.

Sir C
06-09-2016, 08:23 AM
dear, don't you?

Really? I had no idea the chap was quite so sound. wd jm.

Burney
06-09-2016, 08:47 AM
In fact libertarians like O' Rourke and Hitchens (RIP), even Burney :-) , have the advantage, in their essay writing, of not being expected by their audience to moderate their invective - quite the contrary, they may be as ****ish as they please.

In other words, unburdened from the intellectual shackles of absurd ideological dogma, one can instead simply speak the unvarnished truth. :shrug:

Sir C
06-09-2016, 08:54 AM
In other words, unburdened from the intellectual shackles of absurd ideological dogma, one can instead simply speak the unvarnished truth. :shrug:

I quite like the occasional dogma

Burney
06-09-2016, 08:56 AM

I've never really got Dolmades. They don't taste of nuffink imo.

The Jorge
06-09-2016, 08:58 AM

That's be so much more true if Libertarianism wasnt itself quite often a "absurd ideological dogma". A good example being your small-government fundamentalists - which shares a big Venn diagram intersection with Libertarianism - which will decry anything done my government, despite its merits, on the basis that 'all tax is theft' or something equally banal.

The Jorge
06-09-2016, 08:58 AM

It's edible greek food that isnt a lamb chop. Gets a bye from me on that alone.

SWv2
06-09-2016, 09:02 AM

Is "essayist" a real word?

The Jorge
06-09-2016, 09:06 AM
Is "essayist" a real word?

Yes, and it's not an anti-mexican slur before you ask.

Sir C
06-09-2016, 09:12 AM

You've had bad ones.

Ash
06-09-2016, 12:13 PM

They look like green, slimey jobbees. :-(

Sir C
06-09-2016, 12:23 PM
They look like green, slimey jobbees. :-(

Well, I suppose you could say that sausages look like crusty brown jobbees. But that would also be silly :shrug:

Burney
06-09-2016, 12:41 PM
Well, I suppose you could say that sausages look like crusty brown jobbees. But that would also be silly :shrug:

:nono: Sausages look like *****es

Ash
06-09-2016, 12:46 PM

Whataboutery.

Sausages are proper grub though. Meat. Vine leaves and rice?

Ash
06-09-2016, 12:48 PM

Aaron Bolton likes this.

https://nyoobserver.files.wordpress.com/2015/05/game-of-thrones-dinner-ramsay-1428500198.gif

Sir C
06-09-2016, 12:49 PM

As if by magic, *****man appears!

Sir C
06-09-2016, 12:49 PM
Whataboutery.

Sausages are proper grub though. Meat. Vine leaves and rice?

So you only eat meat?

What the **** are your chips made of then?

Ash
06-09-2016, 12:59 PM
So you only eat meat?

What the **** are your chips made of then?

I think it's the leaves I'm struggling with there, tbh. Look, I admit my tastes are base and uncultured but I find leaves and their dark green vegetable pals bitter, stringy and, well, just a bit nasty. Kale, Spinach, dark green, floppy lettuce :-(

I like root veg. Apparantly chips are made from one of these.

Sir C
06-09-2016, 01:02 PM
I think it's the leaves I'm struggling with there, tbh. Look, I admit my tastes are base and uncultured but I find leaves and their dark green vegetable pals bitter, stringy and, well, just a bit nasty. Kale, Spinach, dark green, floppy lettuce :-(

I like root veg. Apparantly chips are made from one of these.

No kale, no spinach, no spring greens, no cavalo nero, no swiss chard, no savoy cabbage :-( Is such a life worth living, a? :-(

Burney
06-09-2016, 01:04 PM
As if by magic, *****man appears!

:nod: I am ever vigilant

Burney
06-09-2016, 01:06 PM
No kale, no spinach, no spring greens, no cavalo nero, no swiss chard, no savoy cabbage :-( Is such a life worth living, a? :-(

I fear for a's bowels. :-(

Although his constipation may explain why he's sometimes irritable.

Sir C
06-09-2016, 01:13 PM
I fear for a's bowels. :-(

Although his constipation may explain why he's sometimes irritable.

Do you think he eschews all greenstuffs? Brocolli, beans, courgettes, apples, pears? Roquefort?

Ash
06-09-2016, 01:28 PM
Do you think he eschews all greenstuffs? Brocolli, beans, courgettes, apples, pears? Roquefort?

Roquefort. :yikes:

I'm ok with the others, and eat quite a bit of brocolli. Apples and pears are hardly nasty green vegetables. Does cucumber count as greenstuff? I love that.

Sir C
06-09-2016, 01:31 PM
Roquefort. :yikes:

I'm ok with the others, and eat quite a bit of brocolli. Apples and pears are hardly nasty green vegetables. Does cucumber count as greenstuff? I love that.

Can you talk us through the quality of your bowel movements? Regularity, colour, texture? Is there a good, earthy smell?

Ash
06-09-2016, 01:36 PM
Can you talk us through the quality of your bowel movements? Regularity, colour, texture? Is there a good, earthy smell?

Lets just go back to this
and leave the subject there. :hehe:

06-09-2016, 01:51 PM
The old poof wants a lurid description of your pouting arse'ole