PDA

View Full Version : You cant help but think this referendum is getting everyone in a lather

The Jorge
06-08-2016, 12:49 PM
This note was left on a car today in Hampstead (Admittedly the less nice bit when compared to Basically Hampstead) and they're definitely Vote Lave.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CkbfCYKXAAAv7f-.jpg

Also, "Hi Hitler" :wave:

Luis Anaconda
06-08-2016, 01:00 PM
This note was left on a car today in Hampstead (Admittedly the less nice bit when compared to Basically Hampstead) and they're definitely Vote Lave.

Seems odd for an anti-European, fearful of the yoke of oppression from a continental overlord controlled from Berlin, to invoke the name of a man whose dream was to, well unite Europe under a yoke of oppression controlled from Berlin. Wonder how they reconcile the two. Maybe they don't think about it :rubchin:

Sir C
06-08-2016, 01:03 PM

A neo-Nazi living in Hampstead? He must spend 95% of his life in a state of outrage.

The Jorge
06-08-2016, 01:06 PM
Seems odd for an anti-European, fearful of the yoke of oppression from a continental overlord controlled from Berlin, to invoke the name of a man whose dream was to, well unite Europe under a yoke of oppression controlled from Berlin. Wonder how they reconcile the two. Maybe they don't think about it :rubchin:

I know, I've never really got that bit of the circle either. Mind you, I'm a big fan of their Swastikas, which look like two angry Zs chasing eachother.

SWv2
06-08-2016, 01:08 PM
The whole thing is incredibly dull.

I heard Bob Geldof wading in with his two pennies worth last evening urging the Irish to register to vote (last night was closing date).

He was an In.

The Jorge
06-08-2016, 01:08 PM
A neo-Nazi living in Hampstead? He must spend 95% of his life in a state of outrage.

Yes, you cant help but feel there are other areas of england more suited to him/her/xe. I've no idea why they'd chose to ramin there.

The Jorge
06-08-2016, 01:09 PM

I heard Bob Geldof wading in with his two pennies worth last evening urging the Irish to register to vote (last night was closing date).

He was an In.

Oh they have better names than that, SW. We've been called "Remainians". Which, whilst surprisingly witty, is also a teensy bit racist.

Sir C
06-08-2016, 01:09 PM

He was an In.

Eh? What's it go to do with Irishers, for God's sake? (With all due respect. But, like, we're different countries these days, I believe.) (Unless you mean Northern Irishers, but they're not actually Irish, I don't think.)

SWv2
06-08-2016, 01:12 PM
Eh? What's it go to do with Irishers, for God's sake? (With all due respect. But, like, we're different countries these days, I believe.) (Unless you mean Northern Irishers, but they're not actually Irish, I don't think.)

No, Irish people living and resident in the UK can vote. Proper order and all that, we allow foreigners to vote in our **** over here.

Luis Anaconda
06-08-2016, 01:12 PM

He was an In.

I've just filled out my vote :cloud9: Although I have managed to lose it on my desk somehow

The Jorge
06-08-2016, 01:14 PM
No, Irish people living and resident in the UK can vote. Proper order and all that, we allow foreigners to vote in our **** over here.

:nono: "FORINER"

Sir C
06-08-2016, 01:14 PM

Irish economic migrants spongeing off our good will and public services whilst collecting money for the IRA to buy Semtex to blow up children outside Harrods are allowed to vote in a UK referendum? The world has gone ****ing mad. Why don't we just allow ISIS or the Soviet Union to run our affairs and be done with it?

Sir C
06-08-2016, 01:15 PM
I've just filled out my vote :cloud9: Although I have managed to lose it on my desk somehow

And what the hell has it got to do with you, you bloody deserter?

Jesus Christ.

Pokster
06-08-2016, 01:16 PM

desk ;hehe: Outside pub table imo

Sir C
06-08-2016, 01:16 PM

No offence, like.

SWv2
06-08-2016, 01:17 PM
Irish economic migrants spongeing off our good will and public services whilst collecting money for the IRA to buy Semtex to blow up children outside Harrods are allowed to vote in a UK referendum? The world has gone ****ing mad. Why don't we just allow ISIS or the Soviet Union to run our affairs and be done with it?

We are no longer at war with you. We are again a nation of peaceful scholars.

Now I must admit to not having immersed myself in the whole thing, but I do find it all terribly confusing.

Your man George Osborne was in the North the other day and peddling his theories and rumours. Then the news showed that bint Villiers who I think is your NI Minister and she was indeed contradicting him.

And these two are in the same party. Good lord.

The Jorge

I see William "on trial in the" Hague has come out swinging on behalf of Ramin. He staged a quite passionate, if a little silly voiced, defence of Yerp on Radio 4 this morning.

:clap: wd Lord Adultbaby

Sir C
desk ;hehe: Outside pub table imo

You had lovely weather oop 't lakes last week, didn't you?

I'm off on Friday. It's going to piss down :-(

Sir C
06-08-2016, 01:20 PM
We are no longer at war with you. We are again a nation of peaceful scholars.

Now I must admit to not having immersed myself in the whole thing, but I do find it all terribly confusing.

Your man George Osborne was in the North the other day and peddling his theories and rumours. Then the news showed that bint Villiers who I think is your NI Minister and she was indeed contradicting him.

And these two are in the same party. Good lord.

Since I don't remember your unconditional surrender, I refuse to accept this armistice.

One might even say, 'No surrender to the IRA'.

The campaign isn't being fought on party political grounds, it's a matter of conscience. But as no one really knows what is going to happen either way, it's jst a lottery, really. And significant numbers of people aren't going to take the risk of changing the status quo. It'll be a landlslide for remain.

Sir C
06-08-2016, 01:21 PM
I see William "on trial in the" Hague has come out swinging on behalf of Ramin. He staged a quite passionate, if a little silly voiced, defence of Yerp on Radio 4 this morning.

:clap: wd Lord Adultbaby

Comrade Corbyn looks like a bulldog licking piss off a nettle, having to campaign for something he clearly doesn't believe in :hehe:

The Jorge
06-08-2016, 01:21 PM
Since I don't remember your unconditional surrender, I refuse to accept this armistice.

One might even say, 'No surrender to the IRA'.

The campaign isn't being fought on party political grounds, it's a matter of conscience. But as no one really knows what is going to happen either way, it's jst a lottery, really. And significant numbers of people aren't going to take the risk of changing the status quo. It'll be a landlslide for remain.

Balls imo. We'll be out in a month.

The Jorge
06-08-2016, 01:23 PM
Comrade Corbyn looks like a bulldog licking piss off a nettle, having to campaign for something he clearly doesn't believe in :hehe:

Very much the devil and the deep blue sea for the Corduroy Cassanova imo. Mind you, he's spoke passionately and well on the bits he does believe in.

Pokster
06-08-2016, 01:25 PM
You had lovely weather oop 't lakes last week, didn't you?

I'm off on Friday. It's going to piss down :-(

It was stunning 20degrees every day while the rest of the country was wet and meh!
Great time and the family (first ever visit) loved it

The Jorge
06-08-2016, 01:28 PM
It was stunning 20degrees every day while the rest of the country was wet and meh!

Cockermouth? Or was it a family weekend?

Sir C
06-08-2016, 01:29 PM
Balls imo. We'll be out in a month.

Nonsense.

There. My carefully reasoned argument.

Pokster
06-08-2016, 01:31 PM
Cockermouth? Or was it a family weekend?

:sigh: We were too tired for Cockermouth after all the walking and fresh air... almost killed the dog with all the exercise she got

The Jorge
06-08-2016, 01:32 PM
Nonsense.

There. My carefully reasoned argument.

I pray you're right, I really do. I cant see it though. I'm afraid I lost my faith in the British electorate some time ago.

I do think, either way, young Dave is royally ****ed. Which would be lovely but we know what comes next.

Sir C
06-08-2016, 01:33 PM

I'd never been until two years ago, this will be my 6th trip :rubshands:

I want to sleep up the priesthole.

Pokster
06-08-2016, 01:36 PM
I'd never been until two years ago, this will be my 6th trip :rubshands:

I want to sleep up the priesthole.

You get nice weather and you will be hard pushed to find a better place to go on holiday imo

Luis Anaconda
06-08-2016, 01:53 PM
And what the hell has it got to do with you, you bloody deserter?

Jesus Christ.

I am British taxpayer - well I am registered although I don't actually pay any tax, which means at least I fit in with a lot of voters

Herr Floyd
06-08-2016, 02:54 PM

A very poor effort from the left there J. Was this one you did yourself? To make these things look more realistic you should keep the spelling correct. Im giving this one a 0.5 out of 10.

The Jorge
06-08-2016, 02:56 PM
A very poor effort from the left there J. Was this one you did yourself? To make these things look more realistic you should keep the spelling correct. Im giving this one a 0.5 out of 10.

You know when I said "Hi Hitler :wave:" I didnt mean you

Herr Floyd
06-08-2016, 03:02 PM
You know when I said "Hi Hitler :wave:" I didnt mean you

What would make you think I did think that. Last time I checked Hitler was sadly no longer with us.

redgunamo
06-08-2016, 03:06 PM
:sigh: We were too tired for Cockermouth after all the walking and fresh air... almost killed the dog with all the exercise she got

Of your dog, not of you obviously.

Ash
06-08-2016, 03:17 PM
And significant numbers of people aren't going to take the risk of changing the status quo. It'll be a landlslide for remain.

This is how I see it going, too.

Ash
06-08-2016, 03:24 PM
Very much the devil and the deep blue sea for the Corduroy Cassanova imo. Mind you, he's spoke passionately and well on the bits he does believe in.

He also spoke out well against TTIP, saying that a Labour Govt would veto it. I don't know whether the dictatorship would allow us to veto it, but it's good to see his heart is in the right place, even when he does look like a turkey voting for Christmas.

Still, they can try, and if it means Labour campaigning to save the NHS by vetoing TTIP while the Cons campaign to privatise it permanently by backing TTIP, then Corbs should in that scenario win the election quite comfortably imo. Then we'll see what the EU thinks of an ELECTED government. Oh wait though, as you said earlier, you don't believe in the electorate either. :-(

The Jorge
06-08-2016, 03:33 PM
He also spoke out well against TTIP, saying that a Labour Govt would veto it. I don't know whether the dictatorship would allow us to veto it, but it's good to see his heart is in the right place, even when he does look like a turkey voting for Christmas.

Still, they can try, and if it means Labour campaigning to save the NHS by vetoing TTIP while the Cons campaign to privatise it permanently by backing TTIP, then Corbs should in that scenario win the election quite comfortably imo. Then we'll see what the EU thinks of an ELECTED government. Oh wait though, as you said earlier, you don't believe in the electorate either. :-(

And you do have faith in the ****ing dullards that liked this lot so much they returned them to government?

Ash
06-08-2016, 03:38 PM
And you do have faith in the ****ing dullards that liked this lot so much they returned them to government?

That's democracy, old chap. :shrug: TAnd that's ordinary people you're talking about.

Sir C
06-08-2016, 03:40 PM

:clap: That's the spirit. Those who disagree with me must be stupid. :clap:

Luis Anaconda
06-08-2016, 03:43 PM

You seem to have this idea the wrong was round, a - I mean apart from confusing the EU with something out of 1984. The fact is that TTIP will never see the light of day (certainly not in anything resembling its current state) because it would be rejected by democratically elected governments as many leaders have already said. This dictatorship you speak of - it doesn't exist. Also citing the future of the NHS as a t-tipping point is a tad odd when the three of the main men behind the leave campaign area all in favour of ****ing it royally up

The Jorge
06-08-2016, 03:44 PM
:clap: That's the spirit. Those who disagree with me must be stupid. :clap:

I wouldve thought thought, especially here, that writing off 36% of the electorate as stupid would be seen as generous.

The Jorge
06-08-2016, 03:46 PM
That's democracy, old chap. :shrug: TAnd that's ordinary people you're talking about.

Yes, but given the sheer weight of people who voted against their own interests I'd be lying if I said they werent.

The Jorge
06-08-2016, 03:47 PM
You seem to have this idea the wrong was round, a - I mean apart from confusing the EU with something out of 1984. The fact is that TTIP will never see the light of day (certainly not in anything resembling its current state) because it would be rejected by democratically elected governments as many leaders have already said. This dictatorship you speak of - it doesn't exist. Also citing the future of the NHS as a t-tipping point is a tad odd when the three of the main men behind the leave campaign area all in favour of ****ing it royally up

Please stop pointing out the logical inconsistencies in everyone's argument. You've clearly been away too long.

Bozza and Gover will spend £100m a week on the NHS, they've said so and they're good for their word.

redgunamo
06-08-2016, 03:52 PM
Yes, but given the sheer weight of people who voted against their own interests I'd be lying if I said they werent.

That's just the little Mussolini inside you talking though (all lefties have one); you believe you know what's good for people better than people themselves do.

Sir C
06-08-2016, 03:55 PM
I wouldve thought thought, especially here, that writing off 36% of the electorate as stupid would be seen as generous.

Oh, I'm supposed to dismiss hoi polloi as barely-human savages. You're supposed to care about such creatures.

The Jorge
06-08-2016, 03:57 PM
Oh, I'm supposed to dismiss hoi polloi as barely-human savages. You're supposed to care about such creatures.

OK, that's more like it, one rule for us and another for you.

As you were

The Jorge
06-08-2016, 03:58 PM
That's just the little Mussolini inside you talking though (all lefties have one); you believe you know what's good for people better than people themselves do.

After watching that Jonathan Meades doc the other night I'll take that as a compliment

redgunamo
06-08-2016, 04:06 PM
After watching that Jonathan Meades doc the other night I'll take that as a compliment

I've said before, you watch far too much television.

Essentially, other people is none of your business.

The Jorge
06-08-2016, 04:11 PM
I've said before, you watch far too much television.

Essentially, other people is none of your business.

But they always be all up in my bidness!

There's no such thing as too much television.

The Jorge
06-08-2016, 04:21 PM
What would make you think I did think that. Last time I checked Hitler was sadly no longer with us.

Sorry ****ler

Alberto Balsam Rodriguez
06-09-2016, 06:41 PM
Does that say White Doner or White Power?

P.S. which part of Hampstead. Doesn't Monty's mum live in Hampstead?