PDA

View Full Version : Was just out in town shopping, with the wife and girls. Dispiriting really. Hopeless.

redgunamo
06-08-2016, 09:46 AM
The activity seems to bring home to you all the essential sadness of life.

They even know a place where an espresso costs ten euros :-(

Ash
06-08-2016, 09:55 AM

Yes, shopping is a grim business. I avoid it wherever possible. And ten euro coffees need a swerve too. :-(

Sir C
06-08-2016, 09:55 AM

The part that confuses me is when the glw takes an item of clothing from the rail, considers it, checks the size, holds it up against herself, looks at it carefully, checks the size again, then stands in an apparent trance for some time before putting it back on the rail and moving on.

"Didn't you like it?"

"Oh God no! That thing? Are you joking?"

How come it takes 17 minutes to reach this decision?

Billy Goat Sverige
06-08-2016, 09:56 AM

I'm being forced to have my little one christened. If that wasn't bad enough it's turned into being forced to pay for a dress and new shoes for the girlfriend to wear to said christening. ****s.

Luis Anaconda
06-08-2016, 10:00 AM

Ah - but what is 10 euros these days

Jake
06-08-2016, 10:08 AM
The part that confuses me is when the glw takes an item of clothing from the rail, considers it, checks the size, holds it up against herself, looks at it carefully, checks the size again, then stands in an apparent trance for some time before putting it back on the rail and moving on.

"Didn't you like it?"

"Oh God no! That thing? Are you joking?"

How come it takes 17 minutes to reach this decision?

The last time I went my glgf took circa twelve items in the changing room, whilst I waited reading arbitrary Guardian articles hoping my 4% hung on. Later (twenty to thirty minutes later) she emerged holding one item. A black t-shirt.

All of that for a black t-shirt.

Sir C
06-08-2016, 10:17 AM
The last time I went my glgf took circa twelve items in the changing room, whilst I waited reading arbitrary Guardian articles hoping my 4% hung on. Later (twenty to thirty minutes later) she emerged holding one item. A black t-shirt.

All of that for a black t-shirt.

It's a mind****, and no mistake.

Just Trent
06-08-2016, 10:34 AM
The longer it goes on, the more you begin to notice just how much little things annoy you. For me, the breaking point is always the sound of clothes hangers being put back onto the rail. After about an hour it becomes the only sound you can hear. Hell on earth imo

Burney
06-08-2016, 11:06 AM
It's a mind****, and no mistake.

The worst bit is have nag to sit outside the changing rooms looking like some sort of sex case.
Also, there's the business of them coming out and asking you what you think of whatever they've put on. Dunno about you, but unless she looks terrible, I have no meaningful opinion and quickly run out of ways of saying 'Great'.

Burney
06-08-2016, 11:08 AM
I'm being forced to have my little one christened. If that wasn't bad enough it's turned into being forced to pay for a dress and new shoes for the girlfriend to wear to said christening. ****s.

Why denomination, bgm? It's not one of the wrong ones, is it? :-(

Billy Goat Sverige
06-08-2016, 11:16 AM
Why denomination, bgm? It's not one of the wrong ones, is it? :-(

Had to google it. It says the Church of Sweden is Lutherean.

Burney
06-08-2016, 11:24 AM

Lutheran?! :yikes: That's the very worst kind of protestant.

You are condemning your child to a lifetime of heresy and an eternity of damnation, bgm. :cry:

redgunamo
06-08-2016, 11:24 AM

The best things in life are free, he said :-(

The Jorge
06-08-2016, 11:27 AM

Luthoran?

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-hDuqgHvZZWk/VeuNlpvPUrI/AAAAAAAAEA0/wgKuXOEc1sU/s1600/Superman_243Pyxurz.jpg

Luis Anaconda
06-08-2016, 11:33 AM
The best things in life are free, he said :-(

Presumably after AC Milan realised their mistake and sent him back to Watford

Burney
06-08-2016, 11:35 AM

I've actually read that book he didn't write. It's rather good. All about the siege of Munster and the religious wars, oddly enough.

The Jorge
06-08-2016, 11:36 AM

Still time to have an anarchist collective named after him though

redgunamo
06-08-2016, 11:40 AM
The worst bit is have nag to sit outside the changing rooms looking like some sort of sex case.
Also, there's the business of them coming out and asking you what you think of whatever they've put on. Dunno about you, but unless she looks terrible, I have no meaningful opinion and quickly run out of ways of saying 'Great'.

I don't mind looking like a sex case so much as, having accepted the role of wheelman, not being able to have a decent drink whilst waiting.

Even my accompanying puppies felt the injustice of it all. I looked at them, they looked at me, but we did not speak, save for the language of the eyes. Handsome as they are, they always get a tasty titbit or two in any pub worthy of its name. However, sitting in a lingerie boutique that had no air-conditioning nor other refreshment available, save comfy sofas and various women (some of them extremely "various" indeed) parading themselves in front of their advisers in lacy, complicated underwear, I could tell they felt strongly that I had let them down.

redgunamo
06-08-2016, 11:41 AM
Luthoran?

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-hDuqgHvZZWk/VeuNlpvPUrI/AAAAAAAAEA0/wgKuXOEc1sU/s1600/Superman_243Pyxurz.jpg

#Hackmann6 :bow:

Burney
06-08-2016, 11:41 AM

:nono: A situationist collective, acksherly.

Luis Anaconda
06-08-2016, 11:42 AM

:nod: You wouldn't get that with Jamie Vardy

redgunamo
06-08-2016, 11:43 AM

The impossible dream really.

redgunamo
06-08-2016, 11:44 AM
:nono: A situationist collective, acksherly.

Doo gat it, mangggg

http://danlynch.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/the-situation.jpg

Billy Goat Sverige
06-08-2016, 11:47 AM
Lutheran?! :yikes: That's the very worst kind of protestant.

You are condemning your child to a lifetime of heresy and an eternity of damnation, bgm. :cry:

Yeah, and when you get christened they automatically resgister you to pay 1% tax to them every year you work. Cheeky ****s.

redgunamo
06-08-2016, 12:12 PM
Yeah, and when you get christened they automatically resgister you to pay 1% tax to them every year you work. Cheeky ****s.

Europe, B. You're better off well out of it :-|