PDA

View Full Version : Obviously I wish Mourinho ill, but seeing the physio bint play the sexism card is

Monty92
06-06-2016, 04:13 PM
almost enough to get me on his side. The idea that you can't swear at a woman in gendered terms without being considered sexist makes me want to stick her wet sponge right up her doo-daa.

http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2016/jun/06/chelsea-doctor-eva-carneiro-jose-mourinho-insult-filha-filho-da-puta-tribunal-told

7sisters
06-06-2016, 05:33 PM
almost enough to get me on his side. The idea that you can't swear at a woman in gendered terms without being considered sexist makes me want to stick her wet sponge right up her doo-daa.

http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2016/jun/06/chelsea-doctor-eva-carneiro-jose-mourinho-insult-filha-filho-da-puta-tribunal-told

'The Oxford University professor Simao Valente, described as an expert in Portuguese swearing, will give evidence'.

Call the swearing expert to the stand m'lud. :hehe:.... :-|

The Jorge
06-06-2016, 05:42 PM
'The Oxford University professor Simao Valente, described as an expert in Portuguese swearing, will give evidence'.

Call the swearing expert to the stand m'lud. :hehe:.... :-|

:hehe: yes, I spat a little bit of coffee out over that.

Alberto Balsam Rodriguez
06-06-2016, 08:36 PM
Would that make him the ****in expert?

eastgermanautos
06-07-2016, 07:05 AM
Would that make him the ****in expert?

She's trying to win a court case, dudes. You do what you have to. And the fact is that Mourinho is a hilariously gay, woman-hating little ***** soaper.

The Jorge
06-07-2016, 08:22 AM

I'm not entirely sure the case is *just* about swearing though, is it? I think what he did - criticising her in the press, banning her from the touchline and essenbtially demoting her - actually ammounted to constructive dismissal.

Monty92
06-07-2016, 08:34 AM
I'm not entirely sure the case is *just* about swearing though, is it? I think what he did - criticising her in the press, banning her from the touchline and essenbtially demoting her - actually ammounted to constructive dismissal.

Of course. I didn’t suggest it was. But playing the sexism card loses her credibility and should in the eyes of the tribunal, too.

The Jorge
06-07-2016, 08:35 AM
Of course. I didn’t suggest it was. But playing the sexism card loses her credibility and should in the eyes of the tribunal, too.

I'm not entirely sure it does, especially given she was treated far, far worse than John Fearn.

Burney
06-07-2016, 08:45 AM
I'm not entirely sure it does, especially given she was treated far, far worse than John Fearn.

Nah. Loads of the stuff Chelsea are trying to slur her with (the icebucket challenge thing, etc) reeks of sexism. There's no way a bloke who'd done those things would be getting slagged off for them. Essentially, Chelsea hired an attractive female physio and now appear to be complaining that she attracted attention and gained a profile. And then there's the stuff about how she should work with the ladies team from Mourinho.

The Jorge
06-07-2016, 08:54 AM
Nah. Loads of the stuff Chelsea are trying to slur her with (the icebucket challenge thing, etc) reeks of sexism. There's no way a bloke who'd done those things would be getting slagged off for them. Essentially, Chelsea hired an attractive female physio and now appear to be complaining that she attracted attention and gained a profile. And then there's the stuff about how she should work with the ladies team from Mourinho.

Yes, though most of that was innuendo and off-the-record briefing (does simon goldberg still work for them?) rather than things which might be used in a constructive dismissal case.

Burney
06-07-2016, 08:56 AM
Yes, though most of that was innuendo and off-the-record briefing (does simon goldberg still work for them?) rather than things which might be used in a constructive dismissal case.

Yes, but the mere fact that they felt the need to do that (and couched it in the terms they did) makes it ****ing clear that there definitely is a sexism angle.

Mo Britain less Europe
06-07-2016, 12:35 PM
She is at her weakest on the swearing imo. If Mourinho had called Terry a "son of a bitch" (apart from being fair comment) would that have been an issue? The fact she understands Portuguese might make her more aggrieved but at the end of the day you can't be in a particular world and then want to be treated differently.

Having said that I think she has a cast-iron case for constructive dismissal based on how they treated her after the game. She acted professionally and Chelsea's argument can hardly be they paid her so she had to do whatever Mourinho told her even if it was against her professional principles. That argument was kind of made unfashionable at the Nuremberg Trials.