PDA

View Full Version : I'm certain many of the opponents of buying 29 year old Vardy

Mo Britain less Europe
06-06-2016, 10:43 AM
are the same ones creaming themselves at the thought of signing 34 year old Ibrahimovic at three times the salary.

Rich
06-06-2016, 10:45 AM
are the same ones creaming themselves at the thought of signing 34 year old Ibrahimovic at three times the salary.

Zlatan is actually good at football, though. And he's done it at every club he's been at and in every competition.

Vardy has had one good year in 29 for The Foxes.

The Jorge
06-06-2016, 10:45 AM

Hmmmm, Ibra or Jamie Vardy? That is a tough one.

I'm not opposed to us signing either of them tbh, though I would prefer Zlatan as he's Zlatan. If you dont love Ibra you need a new hobby, quite frankly.

Jake
06-06-2016, 10:48 AM

I'm not opposed to us signing either of them tbh, though I would prefer Zlatan as he's Zlatan. If you dont love Ibra you need a new hobby, quite frankly.

In terms of effectiveness for the team, the gypo is undoubtedly preferred imo. His running and pressing is gonna open up all sorts of space for other players. That and he quite likes to score goals. The ones where you hammer it into the net from 5 yards. I'm delighted.

Though he is of course still a horrible gypo.

Mo Britain less Europe
06-06-2016, 10:48 AM

I would hardly ever object to signing a proven player. I've liked some of the things the Swede has done on the pitch but he's too full of **** and at 34 he's one injury away from retirement. He hasn't got the pace he used to and this has been camouflaged by the poverty of the French league. Wouldn't say no for a 1 year contract but would rather have Vardy.

The Jorge
06-06-2016, 10:49 AM
In terms of effectiveness for the team, the gypo is undoubtedly preferred imo. His running and pressing is gonna open up all sorts of space for other players. That and he quite likes to score goals. The ones where you hammer it into the net from 5 yards. I'm delighted.

I like the fact that, even compared to this man, Vardy is considered a gypo.

http://d1p3t35jiqtse7.cloudfront.net/content/uploads/2015/02/ZLATAN01.jpg

Sir C
06-06-2016, 10:50 AM

I'm not sure that the term 'gypo' is considered acceptable, these days.

I'd be inclined to go with 'pikey' to avoid causing offence.

7sisters
06-06-2016, 10:52 AM
I like the fact that, even compared to this man, Vardy is considered a gypo.

http://d1p3t35jiqtse7.cloudfront.net/content/uploads/2015/02/ZLATAN01.jpg

Indeed.. Even his tattooist is dyslexic

Luis Anaconda
06-06-2016, 12:59 PM
Zlatan is actually good at football, though. And he's done it at every club he's been at and in every competition.

Vardy has had one good year in 29 for The Foxes.

How many good seasons has Morata had, r? I mean good seasons when he was the top goalscorer the league champions and player of the year?