PDA

View Full Version : I can't be the only one hoping that LCFC counter offer us to make Vardy stay?

Rich
06-06-2016, 08:32 AM
He does seem a good finisher but he isn't used to playing against a packed defense that is sitting deep. To play in that situation you need exemplary close control, a great touch and quick feet.

Vardy's strength, imo, is running into large open areas against high lines and applying the necessary finish.

Hopefully it's just a smokescreen allowing us to complete the Morata deal without any unwanted attention.

redgunamo
06-06-2016, 08:37 AM
He does seem a good finisher but he isn't used to playing against a packed defense that is sitting deep. To play in that situation you need exemplary close control, a great touch and quick feet.

Vardy's strength, imo, is running into large open areas against high lines and applying the necessary finish.

Hopefully it's just a smokescreen allowing us to complete the Morata deal without any unwanted attention.

I thought that too, but it's probably just sour grapes, on my part.

Rich
06-06-2016, 08:38 AM
I thought that too, but it's probably just sour grapes, on my part.

Morata is also absent from the Spanish training camp with a 'slight hamstring strain' :sherlock:

Sir C
06-06-2016, 08:41 AM

The whole thing is a sick joke. Why would we sign a repulsive third rate guttersnipe? It is said that the Arsenal player's contract still contains a clause left over from the 1930s to the effect that the player must be able to eat competently using a knife and fork. I refuse to believe that Vardy is capable of cleanly filleting a Dover Sole.

Billy Goat Sverige
06-06-2016, 08:49 AM

You've bought into the narrative then, have you? Yes that's one of his strengths, but many of his goals last season were due to great movement inside the box. The idea that he can only run onto balls over the top is ridiculous to be honest.

Luis Anaconda
06-06-2016, 08:51 AM

Obviously we know you are quite retarded when it comes to anything football, but can you talk us through why spending 50 million on an unproven striker who scored 7 goals last season would be better than spending 20 million on the Footballer of the Year who scored 24 goals in the league we are trying to win? What games have you watched Morata play and what particularly impressed you about him?

Mo Britain less Europe
06-06-2016, 08:53 AM
You're not the only one to want us not to sign Vardy. You are joined by the entire fanbase of Leicester City and Spurs, with a huge sprinkling of Chelsea, Manu, Citeh, Liverpool etc fans too. And the Wenger Out boys too of course.

In Fact many of them would also want us to spend twice as much on Morata, who scored four goals last season and has a club scoring rate of 1 in 4 and an international scoring rate of 1 in 8. He makes Giroud look like Gerd Muller.

Billy Goat Sverige
06-06-2016, 08:53 AM
Obviously we know you are quite retarded when it comes to anything football, but can you talk us through why spending 50 million on an unproven striker who scored 7 goals last season would be better than spending 20 million on the Footballer of the Year who scored 24 goals in the league we are trying to win? What games have you watched Morata play and what particularly impressed you about him?

Quite. I'd take Vardy and Mkhitaryan for £50m (this will happen) over Morata for the same amount.

redgunamo
06-06-2016, 08:57 AM
Quite. I'd take Vardy and Mkhitaryan for £50m (this will happen) over Morata for the same amount.

Isn't this Mickey-chap basically Alex Iwobi? Just offer the whole fifty for JV, imo.

Rich
06-06-2016, 08:59 AM

Can this Rodriguez chap we're signing play at CB as well as LB?

Luis Anaconda
06-06-2016, 09:02 AM
Can this Rodriguez chap we're signing play at CB as well as LB?
In a Wenger team definitely

Luis Anaconda
06-06-2016, 09:02 AM
You're not the only one to want us not to sign Vardy. You are joined by the entire fanbase of Leicester City and Spurs, with a huge sprinkling of Chelsea, Manu, Citeh, Liverpool etc fans too. And the Wenger Out boys too of course.

In Fact many of them would also want us to spend twice as much on Morata, who scored four goals last season and has a club scoring rate of 1 in 4 and an international scoring rate of 1 in 8. He makes Giroud look like Gerd Muller.
well said, m

Nice to have you back :)

Billy Goat Sverige
06-06-2016, 09:03 AM

If we did sign him i'd say it's more likely Monreal becomes the 4th CB and we don't sign one of those.

redgunamo
06-06-2016, 09:03 AM

You mean this as a positive, yes?

Mo Britain less Europe
06-06-2016, 09:10 AM
well said, m

Nice to have you back :)

Thank you LA. I wasn't ever really away just had a difficult couple of weeks with people dying and others trying to make me work.

Ash
06-06-2016, 09:14 AM

Vardy's strength is ****ing the ball fearlessly into the back of the net. Something we're a liiittle bit short of, you might have noticed.

I know others have mentioned it but please do feel free to show us your working on Morata. I know nothing about him other than the fact that he doesn't score goals.

Just Trent
06-06-2016, 09:19 AM
Then spend another season watching Walcott and Giroud? I'm going to say no. Vardy would be a good signing.

Luis Anaconda
06-06-2016, 09:21 AM
You mean this as a positive, yes?

Of course - defenders should be able to play anywhere. They are only defenders after all

Luis Anaconda
06-06-2016, 09:23 AM
If we did sign him i'd say it's more likely Monreal becomes the 4th CB and we don't sign one of those.

good point - hope Nacho stays around for a long time, so that would help

redgunamo
06-06-2016, 09:24 AM
Of course - defenders should be able to play anywhere. They are only defenders after all

Yes, quite. Only it sounded like "your mum could play centre back in a Wenger team".

To me, at any rate.

Luis Anaconda
06-06-2016, 09:27 AM
Yes, quite. Only it sounded like "your mum could play centre back in a Wenger team".

To me, at any rate.

Your mum

probably could tbf

Norn Iron
06-06-2016, 09:27 AM

I'm not saying Morata would be a better signing than Vardy but he is certainly a better footballer. His playing style reminds me of van Persie a little. Van Persie wasn't very prolific before he was moved into a central striking role. He would suit the 4-2-3-1 system much better than Vardy. Not sure he's worth £50m though.

Luis Anaconda
06-06-2016, 09:33 AM
I'm not saying Morata would be a better signing than Vardy but he is certainly a better footballer. His playing style reminds me of van Persie a little. Van Persie wasn't very prolific before he was moved into a central striking role. He would suit the 4-2-3-1 system much better than Vardy. Not sure he's worth £50m though.

I like him, ni. Very fine footballer, could be great, but a risk. I wouldn't be disappointed if we signed him

Alberto Balsam Rodriguez
06-06-2016, 09:36 AM
Perhaps the Morata talk was a smokesceen to allow us to do this deal?

Alberto Balsam Rodriguez
06-06-2016, 09:37 AM
...and that he will cost a lot. I'm sure you know that?

Luis Anaconda
06-06-2016, 09:38 AM
Thank you LA. I wasn't ever really away just had a difficult couple of weeks with people dying and others trying to make me work.

Sorry to hear that mo

redgunamo
06-06-2016, 09:47 AM
...and that he will cost a lot. I'm sure you know that?

Yes, It's hard to think we were the mugs .. I mean "club" that Real Madrid had in mind when they imagined buying him back for thirty million before promptly selling him on for more than double that, isn't it.

Tony C
06-06-2016, 10:17 AM
Move makes sense to me....we didn't score enough in the League to win it...plain and simple. What ere the figures...Giroud 16 and Welbeck 4.

Lol

Add to that all the games we dropped points in even though we wracked up 20 shots on goal and over 60% possession.

We just need someone to put the ball in the net....also doubt we'll be playing with a lone striker up front....expecting a front 2 so Vardy will have a foil to play off of including having Sanchez and Ozil helping him.

As someone mentioned....strikers in Europe are at a premium and the best ones are all in the 27 to 34 age group so Vardys age shouldn't be an issue in this context.