PDA

View Full Version : So the Germans have voted to recognise the Turkish genocide of the Armenians?

Burney
06-02-2016, 01:16 PM
And the Turkish ambassador's been recalled as a result. :rolleyes:

Seriously, Turkey, who do you think you're kidding here? We all know you done dem fings. Denying it just makes you look silly and creates awkwardness. Just own up and we can all move on. :kebab:

Sir C
06-02-2016, 01:22 PM
And the Turkish ambassador's been recalled as a result. :rolleyes:

Seriously, Turkey, who do you think you're kidding here? We all know you done dem fings. Denying it just makes you look silly and creates awkwardness. Just own up and we can all move on. :kebab:

One starts to wonder whether Erdogan might not take them all the way to the dark side. I must say, my experience of Turkey has always been poor; it's a third world ****hole, populated by savages, masquerading as a bulwark against the Asian Hordes.

Burney
06-02-2016, 01:26 PM
One starts to wonder whether Erdogan might not take them all the way to the dark side. I must say, my experience of Turkey has always been poor; it's a third world ****hole, populated by savages, masquerading as a bulwark against the Asian Hordes.

This is hardly limited to Erdogan, to be fair. They've always been a bit touchy about the fact that they murdered a million or so Armenians. Odd, really. Nobody'd make a fuss if they just admitted they did it.

I would dearly love to go to Istanbul for all the history and that. I accept it's full of Turks and so wouldn't dream of taking any womenfolk, but I would like to see it.

Sir C
06-02-2016, 01:27 PM
This is hardly limited to Erdogan, to be fair. They've always been a bit touchy about the fact that they murdered a million or so Armenians. Odd, really. Nobody'd make a fuss if they just admitted they did it.

I would dearly love to go to Istanbul for all the history and that. I accept it's full of Turks and so wouldn't dream of taking any womenfolk, but I would like to see it.

It's ****ing ****e, history notwithstanding.

Burney
06-02-2016, 01:32 PM
It's ****ing ****e, history notwithstanding.

What of the Golden Horn? What of Aya Sofia? What of the Topkapi Palace? The Suleymaniye Mosque?

Just saying '****e' doesn't really help me here.

The Jorge
06-02-2016, 01:34 PM
What of the Golden Horn? What of Aya Sofia? What of the Topkapi Palace? The Suleymaniye Mosque?

You're both missing the crucial point here, the schwarma, the donner, the shish, the shami, it's basically ground zero for the kebab lovers.

Sir C
06-02-2016, 01:38 PM

I've been to all of 'em. I've attended a sumptuous banquet in a palace on an island in the Bosphorous. I've watched the faithful at prayer in the Blue Mosque on a Friday afternoon. I've eaten sweetmeats whilst belly dancers gyrated for my pleasure.

Every single moment of it was ****.

Allans, you see.

I watched as an old man in the street noticed my Europeanness, cocked a pretend machine gun, and, like an air guitarist, air shot me down. I fended off scammers, thieves and beggars literally by the dozen.

Stay away, for your physical and mental health.

IUFG
06-02-2016, 01:38 PM
and ground zero for poor quality footballing placards

Burney
06-02-2016, 01:48 PM
I've been to all of 'em. I've attended a sumptuous banquet in a palace on an island in the Bosphorous. I've watched the faithful at prayer in the Blue Mosque on a Friday afternoon. I've eaten sweetmeats whilst belly dancers gyrated for my pleasure.

Allans, you see.

I watched as an old man in the street noticed my Europeanness, cocked a pretend machine gun, and, like an air guitarist, air shot me down. I fended off scammers, thieves and beggars literally by the dozen.

I have to say that this bears no resemblance to the experience described by the fragrant Judith Chalmers all those years ago. She seemed to have a lovely time there. :rubchin:

The Jorge
06-02-2016, 01:50 PM
and ground zero for poor quality footballing placards

Sure, back in the 90s maybe. Stamford Bridge is the new now for that sort of thing.

http://41.media.tumblr.com/2297a3880211ecac6e9bfa3b2b8dfd7e/tumblr_nzte95NUum1somhtso1_500.png

The Jorge
06-02-2016, 01:52 PM

Allans, you see.

Presumably you played along and did the juddering impact/"aaaaiiieeeeeeee!" thing when the old man fake shot you.

Ash
06-02-2016, 01:53 PM

They ARE the Asian Hordes, if you're a Macedonian or a Serb living under the Turkish jackboot for hundreds of years.

Burney
06-02-2016, 01:54 PM
Presumably you played along and did the juddering impact/"aaaaiiieeeeeeee!" thing when the old man fake shot you.

I do think he ought to have done. All just bantz, really imo.

Burney
06-02-2016, 01:54 PM
They ARE the Asian Hordes, if you're a Macedonian or a Serb living under the Turkish jackboot for hundreds of years.

Well actually, the Turkic tribes they were the Asian hordes when they got to the middle east.

Ash
06-02-2016, 01:55 PM
Sure, back in the 90s maybe. Stamford Bridge is the new now for that sort of thing.

http://41.media.tumblr.com/2297a3880211ecac6e9bfa3b2b8dfd7e/tumblr_nzte95NUum1somhtso1_500.png

:hehe: This never stops being funny. The care. The preparation. The planning. The spelling.

The Jorge
06-02-2016, 01:57 PM
I do think he ought to have done. All just bantz, really imo.

Rude if you ask me, when in Byzantine and all that

The Jorge
06-02-2016, 01:58 PM
:hehe: This never stops being funny. The care. The preperation. The planning. The spelling.

Indeed, never forget

7sisters
06-02-2016, 02:43 PM

Allans, you see.

I wonder how they're fareing with the whole human rights and equality legislation in their attempts to join the EU.
It's been a few years since my Effesus and Pamukkale jaunt but the sight of young girls making rugs with their bruised fingers, the dancing bears, open trucks passing by with the blokes in the cabin while the women were shoehorned in amongst the sheep in the trailer. The second hand treatment and general disdain for the Kurds. The lack of any meaningful roadside barriers around mountain roads.. OK, I'll stop there...

7sisters
06-02-2016, 02:45 PM
Indeed, never forget

What do they have against Eddie Izzard ?

redgunamo
06-02-2016, 03:01 PM
What do they have against Eddie Izzard ?

He's a Crystal Palace fan, I think.

Burney
06-02-2016, 03:04 PM
He's a Crystal Palace fan, I think.

Yes. The poor chap doesn't seem to be managing menopause very well, though. :-\

redgunamo
06-02-2016, 03:09 PM
Yes. The poor chap doesn't seem to be managing menopause very well, though. :-\

Well, I think he looks very nice.

You think he should've gone with their away shir .. blouse?

Burney
06-02-2016, 03:13 PM
Well, I think he looks very nice.

You think he should've gone with their away shir .. blouse?

In fairness, he wouldn't have been the worst looking woman in that Palace crowd.

Herbette Chapman - aged 15
06-02-2016, 03:20 PM

You didn't go try 'n score some kif in the Pudding Shop then? Big pussy.

All the Turks I encountered in Istanbul, as well as as the gasters I met in Germany were delightful and charming but clearly quite capable of slitting you from belly to throat if you crossed them. I think we need to recruit them to our side for the impending biblical showdown with the Allans - just promise 'em a share of the old old western wealth 'n that.

Sir C
06-02-2016, 03:24 PM
You didn't go try 'n score some kif in the Pudding Shop then? Big pussy.

All the Turks I encountered in Istanbul, as well as as the gasters I met in Germany were delightful and charming but clearly quite capable of slitting you from belly to throat if you crossed them. I think we need to recruit them to our side for the impending biblical showdown with the Allans - just promise 'em a share of the old old western wealth 'n that.

I'm afraid we're going to find that they are very much on the side of the Allans, actually.

Burney
06-02-2016, 03:25 PM
I'm afraid we're going to find that they are very much on the side of the Allans, actually.

Well yes. What with actually being Allans and everything - albeit non-Arabic, nominally secular ones.

Sir C
06-02-2016, 03:26 PM
Well yes. What with actually being Allans and everything - albeit non-Arabic, nominally secular ones.

They're about as secular as the Pope's arse.

06-02-2016, 03:43 PM
They're about as secular as the Pope's arse.

I think engineering an 'off' between the Kathy Burkes and the IS massive will be simple. Just point out that their secularism marks them out as infidels in the eyes of the zealots. Manipulate IS into publicly insulting old Atatürk and watch it all go off like Clock End.

Sir C
06-02-2016, 03:44 PM
I think engineering an 'off' between the Kathy Burkes and the IS massive will be simple. Just point out that their secularism marks them out as infidels in the eyes of the zealots. Manipulate IS into publicly insulting old Atatürk and watch it all go off like Clock End.

IS aren't going to take them on, though. They've got more tanks than Pets R Us.

06-02-2016, 03:52 PM
Rude if you ask me, when in Byzantine and all that

Old Charlie went to Istanbul - Constantinople once
And didn't like the people much - the dirty turkish ****s

Sir C
06-02-2016, 03:55 PM
Old Charlie went to Istanbul - Constantinople once
And didn't like the people much - the dirty turkish ****s

I say, that's really rather good.

Burney
06-02-2016, 03:57 PM