Sir C
06-02-2016, 10:36 AM
****, I could eat a frozen dog.

I'm allowed one poached egg on one brown toast :-(

Burney
06-02-2016, 10:40 AM

Allowed by whom? The law? The Church? The baby Jesus himself?

Jake
06-02-2016, 10:41 AM

I think age is hitting me. I feel more rotund. A paunch has developed. My face has lost the angles to blind someone when I turn.

I'm thinking about...exercising :-(

Sir C
06-02-2016, 10:42 AM
Allowed by whom? The law? The Church? The baby Jesus himself?

My conscience, I'm afraid.

I need to shed two pounds by next Friday.

Sir C
06-02-2016, 10:44 AM
I think age is hitting me. I feel more rotund. A paunch has developed. My face has lost the angles to blind someone when I turn.

How exciting! Contemplate the post-exercise endorphin rush; has a better drug ever been invented?

Actually you're right. It's **** :-(

The Jorge
06-02-2016, 10:44 AM

Say what you like about Monty but he can still blind someone when he turns.

How olf are you now, J? Is it the love of a good woman who can cook and likes to keep her man sated? That's what happened to me.

The Jorge
06-02-2016, 10:46 AM
How exciting! Contemplate the post-exercise endorphin rush; has a better drug ever been invented?

Actually you're right. It's **** :-(

I can only conclude that this mythical post-exercise endorphin rush is either a) a lie or b) experienced by people who're unfamiliar with actual, proper, pharmaceutical rushes.

Burney
06-02-2016, 10:46 AM
My conscience, I'm afraid.

I need to shed two pounds by next Friday.

Do you have a boxing bout for which you need to make weight? Are you planning to get into a particularly crowded lift where a couple of pounds either way will make the difference between the alarm going off?

You are a gentleman d'un certain age. Two pounds is a mere bagatelle.

Sir C
06-02-2016, 10:56 AM
Do you have a boxing bout for which you need to make weight? Are you planning to get into a particularly crowded lift where a couple of pounds either way will make the difference between the alarm going off?

You are a gentleman d'un certain age. Two pounds is a mere bagatelle.

I have to walk up mountains and ****. Hills, anyway. I must be at my fighting weight, lest I let the side down.

And if I give up on the two pounds, what will happen when it becomes 4, or 6, or 8? :yikes:

Jake
06-02-2016, 10:56 AM
Say what you like about Monty but he can still blind someone when he turns.

How olf are you now, J? Is it the love of a good woman who can cook and likes to keep her man sated? That's what happened to me.

Entering a quarter century come October.

I'm ****ing ancient :cry:

And yes. I blame the comfort and my penchant for eating out. And pints. And Netflix.

The Jorge
06-02-2016, 10:59 AM
Entering a quarter century come October.

I'm ****ing ancient :cry:

And yes. I blame the comfort and my penchant for eating out. And pints. And Netflix.

You're OK then, you've got a good five years before it really becomes an issue.

Monty92
06-02-2016, 11:01 AM
This board is ****

Monty92
06-02-2016, 11:02 AM

The Ledbury on Saturday - have you been? I have heard wonderful, wonderful things.

Sir C
06-02-2016, 11:05 AM
The Ledbury on Saturday - have you been? I have heard wonderful, wonderful things.

About 5 years ago, I suppose? It was good, but all that foamy/spumey stuff isn't really what excites me, so it all sort of blends in with every other fayn dayning meal I've eaten :shrug:

I'd rather go to Barrafina or Quo Vadis, to be honest.

Monty92
06-02-2016, 11:07 AM
I can only conclude that this mythical post-exercise endorphin rush is either a) a lie or b) experienced by people who're unfamiliar with actual, proper, pharmaceutical rushes.

I don't think it's biologically mythical. I just think it has very little to do with why we feel good after exercise.

The Jorge
06-02-2016, 11:21 AM
I don't think it's biologically mythical. I just think it has very little to do with why we feel good after exercise.

It's still a pretty **** buzz, hardly worthy of the classification of "rush" imo

Monty92
06-02-2016, 11:30 AM
It's still a pretty **** buzz, hardly worthy of the classification of "rush" imo

I agree. It just makes you feel mildly virtuous. **** all to do with a "rush"

7sisters
06-02-2016, 11:35 AM
About 5 years ago, I suppose? It was good, but all that foamy/spumey stuff isn't really what excites me, so it all sort of blends in with every other fayn dayning meal I've eaten :shrug:

I'd rather go to Barrafina or Quo Vadis, to be honest.

I knocked up a rather splendid Apfelstrudel yesterday. Filo pastry and icing sugar coated.. Bloody marvellous.
I was inspired by Rick Steins visit to Vienna..
You're only here once and all that..

I'll probably swerve the Sachertorte tho'

Sir C
06-02-2016, 11:48 AM
I knocked up a rather splendid Apfelstrudel yesterday. Filo pastry and icing sugar coated.. Bloody marvellous.
I was inspired by Rick Steins visit to Vienna..
You're only here once and all that..

I'll probably swerve the Sachertorte tho'

Good work. My glow does a great sachertorte