PDA

View Full Version : Patrick Swayze, he was good, wasn't he?

Sir C
06-02-2016, 08:33 AM
I don't think I've ever seen Dirty Dancing though. Some consider it his finest work.

I liked Road House best.

Burney
06-02-2016, 08:43 AM
I don't think I've ever seen Dirty Dancing though. Some consider it his finest work.

I liked Road House best.

I've never seen Dirty Dancing either.

Was Road House the one where he was basically a bouncer? I seem to remember there was some good violence in it.

Sir C
06-02-2016, 08:46 AM
I've never seen Dirty Dancing either.

Was Road House the one where he was basically a bouncer? I seem to remember there was some good violence in it.

Yes, it was just a series of bar brawls really. And the band kept playing, regardless.

I had the mince and potatoes last night. It was... a bowl of (intensely beefy) mince, served with boiled potatoes.

:-(

Burney
06-02-2016, 08:47 AM
Yes, it was just a series of bar brawls really. And the band kept playing, regardless.

I had the mince and potatoes last night. It was... a bowl of (intensely beefy) mince, served with boiled potatoes.

:-(

Are you ill? Has your Irishness flared up again? :-(

I liked him in Red Dawn.

Sir C
06-02-2016, 08:51 AM
Are you ill? Has your Irishness flared up again? :-(

I liked him in Red Dawn.

It's considered the signature dish at the Dean St Townhouse. I've seen people making a fuss about it, so I thought I'd best see what wondrous thing our hero chef was able to conjure from two such run of the mill ingredients.

It was mince. With potatoes :-(

Plus I had to give an Irish homeless man lots of money AND shake his hand, because he sang me a song.

The Jorge
06-02-2016, 08:57 AM
It's considered the signature dish at the Dean St Townhouse. I've seen people making a fuss about it, so I thought I'd best see what wondrous thing our hero chef was able to conjure from two such run of the mill ingredients.

Plus I had to give an Irish homeless man lots of money AND shake his hand, because he sang me a song.

Did I hear you were drinking Negronis? I have to say, I really struggled with Negronis. It's the gin, I think.

Burney
06-02-2016, 09:00 AM

You let another human being charge you money for this? Oh, dear. :-(

Sir C
06-02-2016, 09:00 AM
Did I hear you were drinking Negronis? I have to say, I really struggled with Negronis. It's the gin, I think.

I'm keen on a Negroni, but three before dinner was something of a mistake. I have a ******* behind the eyes.

The Jorge
06-02-2016, 09:01 AM
I'm keen on a Negroni, but three before dinner was something of a mistake. I have a ******* behind the eyes.

Think yourself lucky, the last one I had made me go temporarily blind.

Sir C
06-02-2016, 09:01 AM
You let another human being charge you money for this? Oh, dear. :-(

:-( In fairness they only charge £14.50 for it.

Sir C
06-02-2016, 09:02 AM
Think yourself lucky, the last one I had made me go temporarily blind.

Did you make it out of home made potato spirit?

The Jorge
06-02-2016, 09:04 AM
Did you make it out of home made potato spirit?

No, a friend made it for me, we were journeying through the cocktail book and took a wrong turn up Via Negroni

Burney
06-02-2016, 09:04 AM
:-( In fairness they only charge £14.50 for it.

It's school dinners, man! I don't care how much Bovril they put in it, it's mince and boiled spuds.

There is a worrying amount of charlatanism about in the restaurant trade if you ask me.

Burney
06-02-2016, 09:06 AM
No, a friend made it for me, we were journeying through the cocktail book and took a wrong turn up Via Negroni

The gin isn't the problem imo. It's more the fact that Campari tastes like medicated mouthwash.

Also, I took a wrong turn up your mum's Via Negroni last night.

redgunamo
06-02-2016, 09:10 AM
It's school dinners, man! I don't care how much Bovril they put in it, it's mince and boiled spuds.

There is a worrying amount of charlatanism about in the restaurant trade if you ask me.

Of course there is. Anything's better than preparing meals at home yourself nowadays.

The Jorge
06-02-2016, 09:14 AM
The gin isn't the problem imo. It's more the fact that Campari tastes like medicated mouthwash.

Also, I took a wrong turn up your mum's Via Negroni last night.

I'd take Campari over Gin any day, I imagine a Negroni would be alright with a decent vodka.

I'm not going to dignify your barb about my mum, so ner

Burney
06-02-2016, 09:19 AM
I'd take Campari over Gin any day, I imagine a Negroni would be alright with a decent vodka.

I'm not going to dignify your barb about my mum, so ner

Oh, the barb was really only a contractual obligation sort of thing. My heart wasn't really in it.

You are wrong about gin, but there you go. Vodka is just neutral and boring.

The Jorge
06-02-2016, 09:35 AM
Oh, the barb was really only a contractual obligation sort of thing. My heart wasn't really in it.

You are wrong about gin, but there you go. Vodka is just neutral and boring.

No, gin tastes like poison, and the tears of a woman wearing too much perfume and make up.

Luis Anaconda
06-02-2016, 09:43 AM

How were the Negronis?

Sir C
06-02-2016, 09:45 AM
How were the Negronis?

The Negronis were good, thank you. Rather too nuemrous, if you get my drift.

Luis Anaconda
06-02-2016, 09:51 AM
The Negronis were good, thank you. Rather too nuemrous, if you get my drift.

I do indeed. I was tempted to have one last night but stuck to beer thank god. Thursday night is negroni night after all