PDA

View Full Version : So are we just going to pretend that the weather isn’t absolutely ****ing disgusting

Monty92
06-01-2016, 01:49 PM
on the 1st of ****ing June?

We're gonna just happily skip along without even acknowledging this abomination?

****s

Sir C
06-01-2016, 01:50 PM

We're gonna just happily skip along without even acknowledging this abomination?

****s

I've got to go out. If I wear a raincoat I'm going to be schvitzing like a rapist in a line-up, aren't I? :-(

The Jorge
06-01-2016, 01:51 PM
I've got to go out. If I wear a raincoat I'm going to be schvitzing like a rapist in a line-up, aren't I? :-(

It's not fair, Hebrew has all the best words.

Luis Anaconda
06-01-2016, 01:52 PM

****s

:shrug: It's lovely here - well now we've just had a thunderstorm

Burney
06-01-2016, 01:52 PM

I certainly was at lunchtime when I went for a walk in my windcheatery thing. I've had to put the aircon on in the office to counter my dampness.

Monty92
06-01-2016, 01:53 PM

I just went out wearing a fleece, a waterproof jacket and gloves and could still feel the biting wind.

I tell you what Clive, as soon as my parents die, I'm getting the **** out of this ****hole.

Burney
06-01-2016, 01:53 PM

****s

In fairness, it has saved me watering my garden and filled up my waterbutts a bit. It's really been remarkably dry lately.

Sir C
06-01-2016, 01:55 PM
It's not fair, Hebrew has all the best words.

Yes, although sadly I have never seen the best ones written down, so the spelling may be off, but mishigus, meshuggener and mechula are magical words.

The Jorge
06-01-2016, 01:55 PM

****s

As opposed to the usually tropical June weather, you mean? I blame tennis and cricket for perpetually jinxing the **** out of it

Monty92
06-01-2016, 01:56 PM
In fairness, it has saved me watering my garden and filled up my waterbutts a bit. It's really been remarkably dry lately.

Gardening is one of those rare hobbies that should, on paper, be considered massively homo, but somehow avoids being so. How curious.

Sir C
I certainly was at lunchtime when I went for a walk in my windcheatery thing. I've had to put the aircon on in the office to counter my dampness.

Hmm, your experience seems at odds with monty's.

What were you doing in the park that made you so sweaty, you sex criminal?

Burney
I just went out wearing a fleece, a waterproof jacket and gloves and could still feel the biting wind.

Gloves, indeed! Why not pop a bobble hat on? And maybe hang a sign round your neck admitting your absolute lack of mettle? It's about 124 degrees out there, ffs!

You, sir, are an abject screamer.

The Jorge
06-01-2016, 01:57 PM
Gardening is one of those rare hobbies that should, on paper, be considered massively homo, but somehow avoids being so. How curious.

Sometimes, not always

https://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/sites/2/2014/10/yl-Alanweb-e1412863305926.jpg

Monty92
06-01-2016, 01:58 PM
Gloves, indeed! Why not pop a bobble hat on? And maybe hang a sign round your neck admitting your absolute lack of mettle? It's about 124 degrees out there, ffs!

You, sir, are an abject screamer.

And you, sir, display a flagrant ignorance for the variables of a wind chill factor.

Burney
06-01-2016, 02:00 PM
Hmm, your experience seems at odds with monty's.

What were you doing in the park that made you so sweaty, you sex criminal?

Well first of all, I am a robust, northern European male, while he is some sort of effete weakling of dubious ethnicity.

And I merely walked briskly. While touching myself, obviously.

Burney
06-01-2016, 02:01 PM
And you, sir, display a flagrant ignorance for the variables of a wind chill factor.

I am only a few miles north of you and yet did not feel this 'wind chill factor' of which you speak. There was wind, but it was not chilly.

Burney
06-01-2016, 02:02 PM

Growing flowers is well bent. Growing fruit and vegetables, on the other hand, is manly. Unless you're Nigel Slater, of course.

Sir C
06-01-2016, 02:05 PM
I am only a few miles north of you and yet did not feel this 'wind chill factor' of which you speak. There was wind, but it was not chilly.

Look, do I wear a ****ing raincoat or not?

Ash
06-01-2016, 02:06 PM

I walked in this morning in t-shirt, holding the jacket, and enjoying the fresh, cooling breeze.

I recommend a warming pint of HTFU :thumbup:

Burney
06-01-2016, 02:06 PM
Look, do I wear a ****ing raincoat or not?

Yes, but if you do it up you're a bender.

The Jorge
06-01-2016, 02:28 PM
Yes, although sadly I have never seen the best ones written down, so the spelling may be off, but mishigus, meshuggener and mechula are magical words.

I love your Jews, cracking lads. The spellings are what the spellings are, meh whadyagonnado?

This covers some of my favourites fairly well though.

http://www.dailywritingtips.com/the-yiddish-handbook-40-words-you-should-know/

Burney
06-01-2016, 02:34 PM
I love your Jews, cracking lads. The spellings are what the spellings are, meh whadyagonnado?

This covers some of my favourites fairly well though.

http://www.dailywritingtips.com/the-yiddish-handbook-40-words-you-should-know/

Generalising positively about an entire race is just as racist as generalising negatively - you racist.

The Jorge
06-01-2016, 02:38 PM
Generalising positively about an entire race is just as racist as generalising negatively - you racist.

I love your lazy generalisers, cracking lads, wont hear a word said against any of them

Billy Goat Sverige
06-01-2016, 02:51 PM

****s

27'C here. Lovely!!

redgunamo
06-01-2016, 02:55 PM
Growing flowers is well bent. Growing fruit and vegetables, on the other hand, is manly. Unless you're Nigel Slater, of course.

Agreed. Flowers is for the ladies.

redgunamo
06-01-2016, 04:38 PM

You're providing food for your family with your own hands and communing with your god over this essential miracle of creation and rebirth. How on earth could any of that be considered any sort of homo.

Flowers though, different matter entirely.

Burney
06-01-2016, 07:33 PM
You're providing food for your family with your own hands and communing with your god over this essential miracle of creation and rebirth. How on earth could any of that be considered any sort of homo.

Flowers though, different matter entirely.

Yes. I'm not even sure I'm prepared to allow the growing of marigolds to keep pests off your veg, tbh.

barrybueno
06-01-2016, 08:00 PM
Its da global warmin inint:sombrero:

redgunamo
06-01-2016, 08:33 PM
My parents have always been mad-keen on gardening so they spend hours and even weeks on end mucking about down there; Dad putting his broad back into an honest shift on the veg, Mother with a tiny, gentle but firm hand at the controls with regards to the flowers. I understand that, Vito Corleone-like, the thing returns them to a time when they were children back in the old country (wherever that may have been), before all the Sturm und Drang of modern life really began to hit the fan and throw its weight about.

Fair enough, I suppose. I have my dogs and the wife has her ponies.

Yes. I'm not even sure I'm prepared to allow the growing of marigolds to keep pests off your veg, tbh.

Burney
06-01-2016, 09:53 PM
My parents have always been mad-keen on gardening so they spend hours and even weeks on end mucking about down there; Dad putting his broad back into an honest shift on the veg, Mother with a tiny, gentle but firm hand at the controls with regards to the flowers. I understand that, Vito Corleone-like, the thing returns them to a time when they were children back in the old country (wherever that may have been), before all the Sturm und Drang of modern life really began to hit the fan and throw its weight about.

Fair enough, I suppose. I have my dogs and the wife has her ponies.

Yes, well that's the thing, isn't it? We all love doing stuff that reminds us that there is a world where one's actions can have obvious beneficial consequences beyond the quotidian accumulation of cash whilst also being ****ing grateful that our actual livelihoods don't actually depend on stuff like whether there's a frost or not and that, if it all goes to ****, we can still pop down to Tesco - or in your case Carrefour or Les Mousquetaires.

barrybueno
06-02-2016, 12:19 PM
Global warming innit. At least it keeps the eco-****s quiet and out of sight. Tossers.

Just noticed I've done this one before :hehe: I maybe a drunk but I am consistent.

PSRB
06-02-2016, 12:32 PM

****s

Lovely in Manchester and supposed to be all weekend.....fortunately, I'll be in Cheltenham where it won't be

The Jorge
06-02-2016, 12:35 PM
Lovely in Manchester and supposed to be all weekend.....fortunately, I'll be in Cheltenham where it won't be

Yes, it's veritably tropical up north. I dont know what these southern puffs are worrying about

redgunamo
06-02-2016, 05:47 PM
Yes, well that's the thing, isn't it? We all love doing stuff that reminds us that there is a world where one's actions can have obvious beneficial consequences beyond the quotidian accumulation of cash whilst also being ****ing grateful that our actual livelihoods don't actually depend on stuff like whether there's a frost or not and that, if it all goes to ****, we can still pop down to Tesco - or in your case Carrefour or Les Mousquetaires.

My old man is always immensely proud of the fact that if ever the money-making shrinkery thing had gone south, he would still have been able to feed us all. He's always compared my hare coursing habit negatively with his green-fingered fetishism, says I'm spoilt.

Apparently, he gets fresh air and exercise and can provide a living supply of proper, honest and healthy grub, whilst I can merely wander about over hill and dale all morning just to (maybe) end up with a mangy, flea-bitten hare which even the dogs themselves won't eat. It *is* a fair point as hunting with hounds has always been a privilege exclusively available to the sporting wealthy.

But still, parents just don't understand, as a wise man once rapped :-|

Pokster
06-03-2016, 07:19 AM

:shrug: Just back from the Lake district, lovely and Sunny every day.... Conculusion, monty is a soft Southern moaning tosser

Alberto Balsam Rodriguez
06-03-2016, 07:52 AM
The weather here in London is f*ckin rubbish today. Is it June or February?