PDA

View Full Version : The hell with it, after all those years of being rubbish, even cheerfully,

redgunamo
06-01-2016, 08:25 AM
enjoyably so, we absolutely deserve Anderson and Cook and the rest. Stuart Broad.

Terrific lads too, by all accounts.

Luis Anaconda
06-01-2016, 08:29 AM
enjoyably so, we absolutely deserve Anderson and Cook and the rest. Stuart Broad.

Just ask KP

redgunamo
06-01-2016, 08:38 AM
just ask kp

whooooooooooooooooooo?!

Luis Anaconda
06-01-2016, 08:39 AM
whooooooooooooooooooo?!

The one who went nuts :cooper:

Burney
06-01-2016, 08:46 AM

Yes. Worrying lack of decent pacemen coming up behind them, though.

redgunamo
06-01-2016, 08:54 AM

That's homo-talk, imo. To Pluto with tomorrow! What's really brilliant has happened right *now*.

redgunamo
06-01-2016, 08:56 AM
The one who went nuts :cooper:

Seasickness, I suppose.

Luis Anaconda
06-01-2016, 08:57 AM

I think there is actually quite a lot of talent around - obviously hard to tell until they make the step up, but definitely some talent. As much as it pains me to say something nice about Surrey players, I think at least one of the Curran brothers is going to be very good. The Overton twins still have time to develop, a few others could be good as well. Probably right that there is a generation gap between these and Anderson and Broad's set, where we haven't brought players through. Mind you Broad is still only 29 so good for a few years yet

Ash
06-01-2016, 09:06 AM
That's homo-talk, imo. To Pluto with tomorrow! What's really brilliant has happened right *now*.

Oh, I say. Top existentialism there, reg.

Even the other day though, only Anderson seemed to be able to finish Ceylon off.

Burney
06-01-2016, 09:09 AM

You seem rather upbeat and not your usual laconic self today, r. Did you get your end away this morning or something?

redgunamo
06-01-2016, 09:15 AM
You seem rather upbeat and not your usual laconic self today, r. Did you get your end away this morning or something?

I always take issue with the whole "Yes, but could he do it on a wet Wednesday night in Stoke," injunction, after a chap has just done something particularly terrific.

And, yes, I am still "The Man". I even bought lots of roses.

Rich
06-01-2016, 09:15 AM
I think there is actually quite a lot of talent around - obviously hard to tell until they make the step up, but definitely some talent. As much as it pains me to say something nice about Surrey players, I think at least one of the Curran brothers is going to be very good. The Overton twins still have time to develop, a few others could be good as well. Probably right that there is a generation gap between these and Anderson and Broad's set, where we haven't brought players through. Mind you Broad is still only 29 so good for a few years yet

I know all about Sam Curran, what is Tom like? I think Willey has a lot of potential too.

redgunamo
06-01-2016, 09:16 AM
Oh, I say. Top existentialism there, reg.

Even the other day though, only Anderson seemed to be able to finish Ceylon off.

:shrug: He's the bayonet tip; that's his job. You can't judge the others in relation to his performances, especially while he's still there.

Burney
06-01-2016, 09:18 AM
I always take issue with the whole "Yes, but could he do it on a wet Wednesday night in Stoke," injunction, after a chap has just done something particularly terrific.

And, yes, I am still "The Man". I even bought lots of roses.

Oh, I take nothing away from Anderson, Cook or Broad. Indeed, I wonder how Anderson might have done had the England coaching team not conspired to ruin the first few years of his career with their interfering. However, I look at the likes of Woakes and Finn and I worry.

Rich
06-01-2016, 09:22 AM
Oh, I take nothing away from Anderson, Cook or Broad. Indeed, I wonder how Anderson might have done had the England coaching team not conspired to ruin the first few years of his career with their interfering. However, I look at the likes of Woakes and Finn and I worry.

We do rather need a spinner, too. Can't we drop Finn at some point and put Rashid in. Then Ali can play as a no7 and part time spinner.

Good job we have a strong and very young batting line up. We don't need good bowlers that way.

Luis Anaconda
06-01-2016, 09:25 AM
I know all about Sam Curran, what is Tom like? I think Willey has a lot of potential too.

Tbh I get them mixed up. Tom is the older one isn't he - so more of an allrounder, I think. He opened the batting recently as well as the bowling. Sam is definitely the more exciting one though

Burney
06-01-2016, 09:26 AM
We do rather need a spinner, too. Can't we drop Finn at some point and put Rashid in. Then Ali can play as a no7 and part time spinner.

Good job we have a strong and very young batting line up. We don't need good bowlers that way.

Rashid has been on the fringes of the side for the best part of a decade now. You get the feeling that if he were going to make the step up, he'd have done so. I know spinners often mature late, but even so.

PSRB
06-01-2016, 09:31 AM

The younger Curran brother will definitely make it, almost as if his older brother is resigned to it. He's constantly talking and advising the younger one, probably to the detriment of his own game

Luis Anaconda
06-01-2016, 09:31 AM

You are of course bearing in mind Finn was comfortably England's best bowler as we recently beat the then No 1 side in the world away from home aren't you?