PDA

View Full Version : So then, Top Gear, post Clarkson ?

7sisters
05-31-2016, 12:49 PM
Evans was massively over compensating and just doesn't possess the right sort of face for this line of work, does he ?
Far too washed out and gingery.
LeBlanc brought some much needed machismo for the petrol heads but I suspect he'll be brimming with eagerness to see Evans end up under the wheels of a truck in some tragic, ill conceived stunt before the season ends.

PSRB
05-31-2016, 12:55 PM
Evans was massively over compensating and just doesn't possess the right sort of face for this line of work, does he ?
LeBlanc brought some much needed machismo for the petrol heads but I suspect he'll be brimming with eagerness to see Evans end up under the wheels of a truck in some tragic, ill conceived stunt before the season ends.

Completely, thought Le Blanc was quite entertaining. Evans just trying too hard to be Clarkson, was actually quite painful to watch

The Jorge
05-31-2016, 01:02 PM

Meh, basically.

In the long run I think they'll come to regret just carrying on with the same old tired format.

PSRB
05-31-2016, 01:06 PM
Meh, basically.

In the long run I think they'll come to regret just carrying on with the same old tired format.

:nod: In the end, Clarkson et al will do their thing on a huge budget via Amazon. This was an opportunity to give it a whole new look and do things differently but the BBC have just played safe

The Jorge
05-31-2016, 01:15 PM
:nod: In the end, Clarkson et al will do their thing on a huge budget via Amazon. This was an opportunity to give it a whole new look and do things differently but the BBC have just played safe

I wasnt a massive fan of the proper show but even I can see the limited appeal of watching the same thing done with less interesting people.

Dr Headgear - Wannabe viking
05-31-2016, 01:54 PM
They've manage to achieve remarkable continuity with the old series: I still want to see the presenters die in a huge ball of flame.