PDA

View Full Version : I don't understand why they shot the gorilla, ffs.

Sir C
05-31-2016, 09:44 AM
Surely it was the child who invaded his territory?

Burney
05-31-2016, 09:47 AM

Yeah, but the child is innocent, too, and some of us have this odd idea that the life of a human being outweighs that of a gorilla.

More problematic for me was shooting thon lion who was mauling a naked mentalist. I think everyone (including the mentalist) would have been better off if they'd let the lion carry on and finish the job.

redgunamo
05-31-2016, 09:49 AM
Yeah, but the child is innocent, too, and some of us have this odd idea that the life of a human being outweighs that of a gorilla.

More problematic for me was shooting thon lion who was mauling a naked mentalist. I think everyone (including the mentalist) would have been better off if they'd let the lion carry on and finish the job.

Right. The surviving gorillas would be unlikely to institute legal proceedings against the zoo.

Fast Eddie
05-31-2016, 09:51 AM

Cos Gorilla be black.

In America or Africa you racist filth would call it a just kill.

Thank God for the EU to protect us from people like you.

Sir C
05-31-2016, 09:52 AM

Gorillas are nice. People are horrible.

Burney
05-31-2016, 09:57 AM
Gorillas are nice. People are horrible.

So if one of those gorillas you met had grabbed your glw and started dragging her off into the bush, would you not have wanted your chap to shoot it?

Sir C
05-31-2016, 09:59 AM
So if one of those gorillas you met had grabbed your glw and started dragging her off into the bush, would you not have wanted your chap to shoot it?

They do occasionally grab someone, and sometimes even drag them towards the bush a little, but they never actually do anything to them. Unless you're behaving in a threatening manner, a gorilla is unlikely to harm you.

redgunamo
05-31-2016, 10:01 AM
I'm not sure wives count, regardless of their obvious goodness and lady.. ness.

Burney
05-31-2016, 10:02 AM
They do occasionally grab someone, and sometimes even drag them towards the bush a little, but they never actually do anything to them. Unless you're behaving in a threatening manner, a gorilla is unlikely to harm you.

I understand that, but this one was behaving unusually aggressively as I understand it and they had to make a split-second choice. I can't really blame them for the choice they made - although I do feel it was very sad and unfortunate.

redgunamo
05-31-2016, 10:05 AM

Yes. A quick google proves there's often rather more to it than that, the business can be rather more .. involving.

NSFW obviously.

Sir C
05-31-2016, 10:09 AM
I understand that, but this one was behaving unusually aggressively as I understand it and they had to make a split-second choice. I can't really blame them for the choice they made - although I do feel it was very sad and unfortunate.

I expect he was just being a naughty boy, the silly blowhard :-(

I simply like grillers. They're all quiet and gentle.

Sir C
05-31-2016, 10:11 AM
Yes. A quick google proves there's often rather more to it than that, the business can be rather more .. involving.

NSFW obviously.

I was privileged to watch a big silverback engage in amorous activities, some 7 or 8 metres from where I crouched.

He certainly went on for quite some time. wd silverback.

Burney
05-31-2016, 10:13 AM

NSFW obviously.

:nod: Look at this ****er, for instance.

redgunamo
05-31-2016, 10:15 AM
:nod: Look at this ****er, for instance.

Nobody likes shooting gorillas, of course, but how was anybody to know the bird was simply asking for it.

Burney
05-31-2016, 10:15 AM
I was privileged to watch a big silverback engage in amorous activities, some 7 or 8 metres from where I crouched.

He certainly went on for quite some time. wd silverback.

Did you not feel a bit voyeuristic? :-( The poor chap deserved his privacy and was probably feeling a bit of pressure to perform. No wonder he went on for a while.

Humans have by far the biggest *****es of the great apes for some reason. Desmond Morris (or Wilcox, I get them mixed up) described the gorilla's as 'a mere spike by comparison', which I always felt told me more than I wanted to know about Desmond. :-(

Fast Eddie
05-31-2016, 10:16 AM
Turds who support the Monarchy who shoot and hunt animals for fun and sport care about a Gorilla :hehe:

Need more Kleenex!

Burney
05-31-2016, 10:16 AM
Nobody likes shooting gorillas, of course, but how was anybody to know the bird was simply asking for it.

Indeed. And you'd think Sir C of all people could get behind the idea of shooting someone who's smashing up perfectly good aeroplanes.

Alberto Balsam Rodriguez
05-31-2016, 10:18 AM
Aren't gorillas and endangered species?

I can say, with some certainty, that human children are not!

Alberto Balsam Rodriguez
05-31-2016, 10:19 AM
Any reason why they could not sedate the gorillas while they rescued the boy?

redgunamo
05-31-2016, 10:19 AM
Turds who support the Monarchy who shoot and hunt animals for fun and sport care about a Gorilla :hehe:

Need more Kleenex!

Everyone shoots and hunts animals for fun, FE. Not just the M.

Burney
05-31-2016, 10:21 AM

Apparently, the sedative wouldn't have worked quickly enough and might well just have irritated the grilla so much that he ripped the kid's head off.

redgunamo
05-31-2016, 10:22 AM

Yes. If it didn't work quickly enough, the kid still dies.

No, the full Failure to Stop drill is the right thing to do.

Fast Eddie
05-31-2016, 10:27 AM
Everyone shoots and hunts animals for fun, FE. Not just the M.

Everyone? :yikes: Serial Killers excuse ;)

Fast Eddie
05-31-2016, 10:27 AM
Apparently, the sedative wouldn't have worked quickly enough and might well just have irritated the grilla so much that he ripped the kid's head off.

Cuz grilla black and tuk ur jobz

redgunamo
05-31-2016, 10:31 AM
Everyone? :yikes: Serial Killers excuse ;)

That's right. And we can't say they don't have a point, can we.

Fast Eddie
05-31-2016, 10:41 AM
That's right. And we can't say they don't have a point, can we.

No Kill Zone here. Except those that deserve it. Imperialist Humans do, not animals ;)

redgunamo
05-31-2016, 10:48 AM
No Kill Zone here. Except those that deserve it. Imperialist Humans do, not animals ;)

Sounds terrific! Where's "here"?

Sir C
05-31-2016, 10:50 AM
Did you not feel a bit voyeuristic? :-( The poor chap deserved his privacy and was probably feeling a bit of pressure to perform. No wonder he went on for a while.

Humans have by far the biggest *****es of the great apes for some reason. Desmond Morris (or Wilcox, I get them mixed up) described the gorilla's as 'a mere spike by comparison', which I always felt told me more than I wanted to know about Desmond. :-(

'Someone' nearby took photographs of the happy event :-(

I looked away, of course.

Brentwood
05-31-2016, 10:50 AM

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CjtqccuWEAA38ps.jpg:large

Burney
05-31-2016, 10:56 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CjtqccuWEAA38ps.jpg:large

Genius. :clap: Yes, you would have to be an absolute dribbling cretin to try and make this story about race, wouldn't you?

Burney
05-31-2016, 10:57 AM
'Someone' nearby took photographs of the happy event :-(

I looked away, of course.

Any video? For those 'special' evenings in? :rubchin:

Fast Eddie
05-31-2016, 02:06 PM
Sounds terrific! Where's "here"?

Humanity and reality my friend, were very few go :(

eastgermanautos
05-31-2016, 03:10 PM

Not just one lion but *two lions. kinda fvcked.

Burney
05-31-2016, 03:11 PM
Not just one lion but *two lions. kinda fvcked.

Yes. Quite right. Definitely out of order, that.