PDA

View Full Version : Game of Thrones WIMB

Billy Goat Sverige
05-31-2016, 08:32 AM
Nice to see Uncle Benjen back even if he did look a bit washed out. I thought Mace Tyrell's feathery helm and speech were fabulous, and Tommen is a boring little ****. The Drogon moment was good but was ruined for me by yet another Dany speech :-|

The Jorge
05-31-2016, 08:34 AM
Nice to see Uncle Benjen back even if he did look a bit washed out. I thought Mace Tyrell's feathery helm and speech were fabulous, and Tommen is a boring little ****. The Drogon moment was good but was ruined for me by yet another Dany speech :-|

So this is what I dont get.

Is Benjen really Coldhands, or just in the show? JRR Hartley has been pretty clear about him not being Coldhands in the past.

Sir C
05-31-2016, 08:35 AM

I hate that cowardly fat **** Sam and his gopping bird with a burning passion.

Billy Goat Sverige
05-31-2016, 08:39 AM

Is Benjen really Coldhands, or just in the show? JRR Hartley has been pretty clear about him not being Coldhands in the past.

I'm thinking it's just a show thing. They probably didn't want to introduce a new character.

Burney
05-31-2016, 08:40 AM

I felt it was the usual GoT mid-season pause for breath, tbh. No killings, no tits and all a bit meh, tbh.

Until such time as the dippy cow lands in Westeros, Danny can **** off imo. I am utterly ****ing sick of her.

King's Landing is frankly boring until The Mountain starts killing sparrows and Bran needs to pull himself together and actually serve some ****ing purpose.

I'm looking forward to a good tear-up at Riverrun, Arya battering the **** out of the Waif in the dark and the trial by combat over Cersei, but all those will happen next week or after and I'm going to be in ****ing Finland from Sunday to Friday.

Burney
05-31-2016, 08:42 AM

You're assuming the fat, idle **** has any ****ing clue what's happening with the plot lines of his own books, which as someone who's read the last two books you should know very well he hasn't a ****ing clue.

Burney
05-31-2016, 08:43 AM
I hate that cowardly fat **** Sam and his gopping bird with a burning passion.

You sympathise with his father, then?

The Jorge
05-31-2016, 08:46 AM
I'm thinking it's just a show thing. They probably didn't want to introduce a new character.

:-( It's not real?

The Jorge
05-31-2016, 08:47 AM
You're assuming the fat, idle **** has any ****ing clue what's happening with the plot lines of his own books, which as someone who's read the last two books you should know very well he hasn't a ****ing clue.

The whole diverging storylines is interesting though, what's being revealed and what's just made up for the show. He's really cooked his own goose on this now.

Sir C
05-31-2016, 08:48 AM
You sympathise with his father, then?

He's too soft on him. I'd gut the fat **** like a pig and watch him bleed out if I were his father.

Burney
05-31-2016, 08:51 AM
He's too soft on him. I'd gut the fat **** like a pig and watch him bleed out if I were his father.

Yes, I struggle with the idea that we're supposed to sympathise with someone who doesn't stand up for himself or his bird, but then sneaks off during the night and nicks his dad's sword into the bargain. Seems like a bit of a **** to me. :shrug:

Billy Goat Sverige
05-31-2016, 08:54 AM
I felt it was the usual GoT mid-season pause for breath, tbh. No killings, no tits and all a bit meh, tbh.

Until such time as the dippy cow lands in Westeros, Danny can **** off imo. I am utterly ****ing sick of her.

King's Landing is frankly boring until The Mountain starts killing sparrows and Bran needs to pull himself together and actually serve some ****ing purpose.

I'm looking forward to a good tear-up at Riverrun, Arya battering the **** out of the Waif in the dark and the trial by combat over Cersei, but all those will happen next week or after and I'm going to be in ****ing Finland from Sunday to Friday.

Yeah, the Waif will come to regret teaching Arya how to **** **** up while blind :hehe:

Sir C
05-31-2016, 08:54 AM
Yes, I struggle with the idea that we're supposed to sympathise with someone who doesn't stand up for himself or his bird, but then sneaks off during the night and nicks his dad's sword into the bargain. Seems like a bit of a **** to me. :shrug:

It may be to do with American morals? Perhaps his behaviour is admirable if you're a fat, bearded Yanqui.

Their military has an 'honour code' that stipulates grassing as a moral position, so they're clearly confused in this area.

Burney
05-31-2016, 08:55 AM
The whole diverging storylines is interesting though, what's being revealed and what's just made up for the show. He's really cooked his own goose on this now.

I heard an interesting theory that the High Sparrow would convince Tommen to fight as the Champion of the Faith in the Trial by Combat, which could end up with either The Mountain smashing his irritating little head in or Cersei having to tell The Mountain to lose and thereby losing herself. That would be ace.

Burney
05-31-2016, 08:57 AM
It may be to do with American morals? Perhaps his behaviour is admirable if you're a fat, bearded Yanqui.

Their military has an 'honour code' that stipulates grassing as a moral position, so they're clearly confused in this area.

Apparently, he's heroic because he rejects the 'Toxic masculinity' that afflicts all the other men in the series.

I really must stop reading the Guardian. :-(

Billy Goat Sverige
05-31-2016, 08:57 AM
I heard an interesting theory that the High Sparrow would convince Tommen to fight as the Champion of the Faith in the Trial by Combat, which could end up with either The Mountain smashing his irritating little head in or Cersei having to tell The Mountain to lose and thereby losing herself. That would be ace.

Not as good as the Cleganebowl theory though :-(

Burney
05-31-2016, 09:09 AM
Not as good as the Cleganebowl theory though :-(

Hmmmm. Maybe not, but it might involve getting to see Tommen getting his head crushed, which would make the series for me.

Ash
05-31-2016, 01:09 PM
...and Bran needs to pull himself together and actually serve some ****ing purpose.

Further to my previous comments about him going back in time to destroy Wylis with Hodorification, here's a theory about what the greensight might be able to do

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rf5XyLbpxao&app=desktop

If you can get through the first couple of tedious minutes he does get to the point eventually.

Burney
05-31-2016, 01:27 PM
Further to my previous comments about him going back in time to destroy Wylis with Hodorification, here's a theory about what the greensight might be able to do

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rf5XyLbpxao&app=desktop

If you can get through the first couple of tedious minutes he does get to the point eventually.

Yeah, I'd be pretty annoyed if that sort of deus ex machina solution came along and made everything OK. I actually think the best thing might be if the White ****ers just take over and kill everyone.