PDA

View Full Version : Oi, Sir C! Have you heard of this place?

Burney
05-27-2016, 01:51 PM
http://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2016/may/27/a-casa-mia-herne-bay-kent-restaurant-review-pizza-marina-oloughlin

The question really is this: is Herne Bay too far to go for pizza?

Sir C
05-27-2016, 01:58 PM
http://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2016/may/27/a-casa-mia-herne-bay-kent-restaurant-review-pizza-marina-oloughlin

I haven't, and, yes, Herne Bay is too far to go for pizza, I'm afraid.

For seafood, it would be a worthwhile drive; for pizza, given that we have two fine pizza options on our doorstep? Non.

Pat Vegas
05-27-2016, 02:02 PM

I wouldn't make the journey to Herne Bay especially for it.

I went to Herne bay for the first time in years recently. There is nothing left there.

The Jorge
05-27-2016, 02:03 PM

I used to go out with a girl from Herne Bay, she wasnt worth the schlep and I doubt a pizza would be either

Sir C
05-27-2016, 02:05 PM
I wouldn't make the journey to Herne Bay especially for it.

I went to Herne bay for the first time in years recently. There is nothing left there.

The secret with Herne Bay is to stop before you reach it and eat in any number of good seafood restaurants in Whitstable or, even better, Madam Jojo's in Tankerton Bay.

Pat Vegas
05-27-2016, 02:06 PM
I used to go out with a girl from Herne Bay, she wasnt worth the schlep and I doubt a pizza would be either

I purchased a large marshall bass amp in a shop in Herne Bay.

It didn't work properly.

Pat Vegas
05-27-2016, 02:06 PM
The secret with Herne Bay is to stop before you reach it and eat in any number of good seafood restaurants in Whitstable or, even better, Madam Jojo's in Tankerton Bay.

good point. Though always worth to pop by Herne bay as my rich auntie lives there.

Sir C
05-27-2016, 02:08 PM

I used to live with a girl in Ramsgate.

She wasn't worth it. Nothing would have been worth it. Ramsgate in 1985 :shudder: Like Tirana-On-Sea

Burney
05-27-2016, 02:09 PM
I haven't, and, yes, Herne Bay is too far to go for pizza, I'm afraid.

For seafood, it would be a worthwhile drive; for pizza, given that we have two fine pizza options on our doorstep? Non.

I take it you mean the lads in the Nugent and your mate in Westerham?

Burney
05-27-2016, 02:10 PM

She wasn't worth it. Nothing would have been worth it. Ramsgate in 1985 :shudder: Like Tirana-On-Sea

I woke up in Maidstone, once. With literally no memory of how I'd got there and unable to remember my bed-mate's name. :-(

Still, he was nice about it.

Sir C
05-27-2016, 02:12 PM

Exactement, t'as raison mon petit chou-fleur.

Burney
05-27-2016, 02:14 PM

Now I come to think of it, though, even Westerham's too far to go for pizza, really, isn't it? From yours, I mean?

Ultimately, there's only so good pizza - even really good pizza - can actually be.

Sir C
05-27-2016, 02:19 PM
Now I come to think of it, though, even Westerham's too far to go for pizza, really, isn't it? From yours, I mean?

Ultimately, there's only so good pizza - even really good pizza - can actually be.

Well, in a very real Townsend style, we're very often in and aroudn Westerham, so it suits; however, I agree that as a dining destination d'ici, c'est trop loin.

Franchement, quand j'ai besoin de pizza, il faut manger le pizza maintenant, car en dix minutes, je vais desirer quelquechose d'autres.

The Jorge
05-27-2016, 02:19 PM

Sounds quite romantic when you put it like that

The Jorge
05-27-2016, 02:20 PM
I woke up in Maidstone, once. With literally no memory of how I'd got there and unable to remember my bed-mate's name. :-(

Still, he was nice about it.

¡Ole! __________

Burney
05-27-2016, 02:25 PM
Well, in a very real Townsend style, we're very often in and aroudn Westerham, so it suits; however, I agree that as a dining destination d'ici, c'est trop loin.

Franchement, quand j'ai besoin de pizza, il faut manger le pizza maintenant, car en dix minutes, je vais desirer quelquechose d'autres.

Any reason you're speaking French? Est-il si Jorge ne ​​peut pas comprendre? :hehe:

Sir C
05-27-2016, 02:28 PM
Any reason you're speaking French? Est-il si Jorge ne ​​peut pas comprendre? :hehe:

Bien sur, c'est pour garder les secrets!

Pas devant les enfants, si tu preferes.

The Jorge
05-27-2016, 02:38 PM

Je comprends très walkman pot de chambre portmanteu bien merci