PDA

View Full Version : AWIMB I was shat on this morning.

Burney
05-27-2016, 08:32 AM
I got out of my car at work and walked to the shop to buy some stamps. At some point on that journey, a bird (I assume) crapped brownly down my shirtfront. I didn't notice it until I'd been sat down at my desk for 10 minutes and now have a bit wet patch on my chest where I've had to clean it off.

So that's been a good start to the day. :furious:

Sir C
05-27-2016, 08:40 AM
I got out of my car at work and walked to the shop to buy some stamps. At some point on that journey, a bird (I assume) crapped brownly down my shirtfront. I didn't notice it until I'd been sat down at my desk for 10 minutes and now have a bit wet patch on my chest where I've had to clean it off.

It's supposed to be lucky, I believe.

Burney
05-27-2016, 08:41 AM

I fail to see how having the contents of some bird's guts all over my nice blue shirt can be construed as 'lucky'.

This sort of thing shouldn't happen to a chap. It's undignified.

The Jorge
05-27-2016, 08:51 AM

:cloacawimb:

It sort of feels better than it being just ****, then you think about it and realise it's basically just everything and that, if anything, it's worse.

Luis Anaconda
05-27-2016, 08:53 AM

My worst experience with this is quite spectacular: I was invited to watch Arsenal train - the good lot not the ****ing muptards we have today. For some reason the meeting point was London Zoo - we were to have a q&a after the training session with four Arsenal legends (and for once that title fits - Kenny, Bob, Frank and Charlie :bow: ) It was a freezing cold January morning as i got there and something hit me from such a great height that the entire arm of my coat was covered in **** - I had to take the coat off and spend the entire day in the freezing cold watching the likes of Quincy muck around and pretend to be footballers without a coat on. On the plus side watching Dennis Bergkamp train is better than watching a million other footballers play

Burney
05-27-2016, 08:56 AM
:cloacawimb:

It sort of feels better than it being just ****, then you think about it and realise it's basically just everything and that, if anything, it's worse.

It just felt like a metaphor for life, j. You're feeling sunny and confident and then, out of nowhere, you get shat on from a great height. :-(

Burney
05-27-2016, 08:57 AM
My worst experience with this is quite spectacular: I was invited to watch Arsenal train - the good lot not the ****ing muptards we have today. For some reason the meeting point was London Zoo - we were to have a q&a after the training session with four Arsenal legends (and for once that title fits - Kenny, Bob, Frank and Charlie :bow: ) It was a freezing cold January morning as i got there and something hit me from such a great height that the entire arm of my coat was covered in **** - I had to take the coat off and spend the entire day in the freezing cold watching the likes of Quincy muck around and pretend to be footballers without a coat on. On the plus side watching Dennis Bergkamp train is better than watching a million other footballers play

So, given that it was the zoo, was it some sort of exotic bird that crapped on you? That at least would have the virtue of exclusivity.

Sir C
05-27-2016, 09:11 AM
By Tories, shovelled up by Labour :-(

Luis Anaconda
05-27-2016, 09:24 AM
So, given that it was the zoo, was it some sort of exotic bird that crapped on you? That at least would have the virtue of exclusivity.

Indeed - wish I knew which one, but then again looking up probably wasn't advisable at the time

The Jorge
05-27-2016, 09:24 AM
By Tories, shovelled up by Labour :-(

And here we are, we three, perhaps the last island of beauty in the world

Ash
05-27-2016, 09:50 AM

Wasn't when it happened for me. It was The Day The Car Broke Down two years ago and I was waiting for an hour outside a garage for a wossname snatch vehicle pickup thingumajig to take the car to the dealer who would then take several weeks and about a thousand of my sterlings to fix it.

Mind you, one breakdown & nasty repair bill in 11 years of active service for the generally trusty old steed isn't bad going really. :touchwood:

Sir C
05-27-2016, 09:59 AM
Wasn't when it happened for me. It was The Day The Car Broke Down two years ago and I was waiting for an hour outside a garage for a wossname snatch vehicle pickup thingumajig to take the car to the dealer who would then take several weeks and about a thousand of my sterlings to fix it.

Mind you, one breakdown & nasty repair bill in 11 years of active service for the generally trusty old steed isn't bad going really. :touchwood:

Of course it could have been much worse, and it may have been the luck of the bird **** that kept the bill down to one, cool, large.

My old Ma used to say, 'Sometimes it takes one cross to break a bigger one.' Of course, I had **** all idea what she meant then, and still don't.

Pat Vegas
05-27-2016, 10:00 AM

Seems to be a lot of this going about lately. Happened to me a few weeks ago.

The Jorge
05-27-2016, 10:03 AM

Hang on, I think we've all been a little remiss in not mentioning this classic of the genre.

http://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/kbbwzjca9azuaxlxlhbg.gif

Alberto Balsam Rodriguez
05-27-2016, 11:58 AM
I was half expecting this to be some sort of bizarre sex ritual. Imagine my disappointment to learn that it was an actual bird :-|