PDA

View Full Version : The Guardian review of last night's Springsteen show is positively glowing.

Sir C
05-26-2016, 03:19 PM
Although, oddly, only 4 stars.

I was, however, particularly taken by this comment btl.

JKust how sour an individual must one be to spout this sort of ****e, and what can have happened in someone's life to make them this bitter?

(For those of you who don't attend Springsteen shows, it is rare to find an attendee who doesn't know every single word to every single song, no matter how obscure.)

"Tickets at £80+ is a bit much and I feel disappointed that he(or his management and promoters) is pricing out his Working Class core blue collar fans for Middle Class white collar fly by night shysters that only know the words to the chorus of Born in the USA."

Burney
05-26-2016, 03:31 PM

JKust how sour an individual must one be to spout this sort of ****e, and what can have happened in someone's life to make them this bitter?

(For those of you who don't attend Springsteen shows, it is rare to find an attendee who doesn't know every single word to every single song, no matter how obscure.)

"Tickets at £80+ is a bit much and I feel disappointed that he(or his management and promoters) is pricing out his Working Class core blue collar fans for Middle Class white collar fly by night shysters that only know the words to the chorus of Born in the USA."

Hmmm. I didn't know Bruce was a class warrior, tbh. And £80 is hardly a massive amount, is it?

I saw you defending Bruce on there. :hehe: I've been banned for about the fourth or fifth time - first for pointing out to vegans that they were kidding no-one by pretending their food wasn't **** and then for taking the piss out of Toynbee.

Sir C
05-26-2016, 03:33 PM
Hmmm. I didn't know Bruce was a class warrior, tbh. And £80 is hardly a massive amount, is it?

I saw you defending Bruce on there. :hehe: I've been banned for about the fourth or fifth time - first for pointing out to vegans that they were kidding no-one by pretending their food wasn't **** and then for taking the piss out of Toynbee.

I reckon Owen Jones does his own modding; every time I comment on one of his articles, no matter how reasonably, it's removed.

eastgermanautos
05-26-2016, 03:35 PM
Fvck Springsteen. He's not even from New Jersey. He's from California. Total astro-turfing little poverty tourist.

Sir C
05-26-2016, 03:38 PM
Fvck Springsteen. He's not even from New Jersey. He's from California. Total astro-turfing little poverty tourist.

So being born and brought up in New Jersey, and living there still, doesn't count?

Alberto Balsam Rodriguez
05-26-2016, 07:47 PM

I won't be satisfied until I have Peter's review of this...

eastgermanautos
05-26-2016, 08:10 PM
He wasn't brought up in Jersey, my friend. He was brought up in Cali and his parents moved to Jersey at some point for a brief period. Don't get me wrong, he's very clever. Very canny. A real self-promoter.