PDA

View Full Version : 20 odd years ago a thieving ******* of a glazer stole a 50 quid note

TheCurly
05-26-2016, 12:29 PM
I had left on the window-sill the day he came to fit my new double glazing windows.Now,remember 50 quid years ago would be worth about 52 quid these days and boy did I accuse/curse and vilify the stinking ****.All of which he denied of course.
Skip forward to this morning when my new glazer was fitting new windows and found said 50 tucked in between the window frame and the wall.
Mea culpa awimb mea culpa :-(

barrybueno
05-26-2016, 12:35 PM
It must be one of those old A4 sized ones, when money was proper imo.

redgunamo
05-26-2016, 12:37 PM
I had left on the window-sill the day he came to fit my new double glazing windows.Now,remember 50 quid years ago would be worth about 52 quid these days and boy did I accuse/curse and vilify the stinking ****.All of which he denied of course.
Skip forward to this morning when my new glazer was fitting new windows and found said 50 tucked in between the window frame and the wall.

How terribly sad :-(

TheCurly
05-26-2016, 12:38 PM
It must be one of those old A4 sized ones, when money was proper imo.

I'm going to send the young fella down to shop for a Magnum to see if it's still even legal tender

The Jorge
05-26-2016, 12:44 PM
I'm going to send the young fella down to shop for a Magnum to see if it's still even legal tender

Ask a Scotch, they're always very up on what is legal tender. On account of their lifelong battle to convince people Scotch Pounds are the same as sterling.

Sir C
05-26-2016, 01:06 PM

Lend us a nifty c. I'm waiting on a postal order.

TheCurly
05-26-2016, 01:09 PM
Lend us a nifty c. I'm waiting on a postal order.

Alas it is straight into the Orient Express fund....only 6950 to go :-(

SWv2
05-26-2016, 01:10 PM
Ask a Scotch, they're always very up on what is legal tender. On account of their lifelong battle to convince people Scotch Pounds are the same as sterling.

Used to get this **** when returning to North London after the celebration of Xmas in the mother land. No **** would touch the old NI sterling notes.

Sir C
05-26-2016, 01:11 PM
Alas it is straight into the Orient Express fund....only 6950 to go :-(

There might be more tucked away somewhere.

Have you checked the fridge?

TheCurly
05-26-2016, 01:12 PM
Used to get this **** when returning to North London after the celebration of Xmas in the mother land. No **** would touch the old NI sterling notes.

Paid for a brew in the old Gunners Cafe with a Northern Bank tenner not but 3 weeks ago.Someone must have sent a circular around

TheCurly
05-26-2016, 01:15 PM
There might be more tucked away somewhere.

Have you checked the fridge?

New sofa on it's way.I should expect at least 10-15 quid down the back of the old one.It's like having one's own mint

The Jorge
05-26-2016, 01:19 PM
New sofa on it's way.I should expect at least 10-15 quid down the back of the old one.It's like having one's own mint

You'll probably find a mint or two down there too

Burney
05-26-2016, 01:19 PM

Am I failing to understand something here, c? You've found fifty notes and successfully stiffed a tradesman.

That is a result in anyone's book, surely? :thumbup:

TheCurly
05-26-2016, 01:22 PM
Am I failing to understand something here, c? You've found fifty notes and successfully stiffed a tradesman.

That is a result in anyone's book, surely? :thumbup:

I feel bad,b.Richer than yesterday but bad

Burney
05-26-2016, 01:25 PM

As a wise man* once said, c "The money don't know where it came from"

*Laurence Fishburne in the underrated thriller 'Deep Cover', I think.

TheCurly
05-26-2016, 01:26 PM

Not as bad as United fans it must be said who have been fleeced considerably more by glazers

redgunamo
05-26-2016, 02:14 PM

Nah, **** him. What he did was *practically* stealing, wasn't it. I mean, who builds money into a wall without knowing :homer: