PDA

View Full Version : When taking a cottage for the season, should one expect

Sir C
05-25-2016, 01:07 PM
to find essentials such as towels, toilet roll and Scotch whisky included?

Ash
05-25-2016, 01:09 PM
Depends whether it includes cup games, I think.

redgunamo
05-25-2016, 01:10 PM

loooooooooooooooooool.

Burney
05-25-2016, 01:11 PM

Yes. Of course. Apart from the towels and whisky.

Sir C
05-25-2016, 01:14 PM
Yes. Of course. Apart from the towels and whisky.

I am awfully taken with this house rental business. I have one arranged up in the north, and one in France during the summer.

The freedom to prepare a meal using local ingredients really is perfectly marvellous.

TheCurly
05-25-2016, 01:16 PM

We wonce hired a cottage in Donegal from a young lad that inherited his old ma's cottage.Did it up nice and proper he did.When we arrived he had a bottle of wine sitting on the kitchen table for the ladies,bottle of Jameson for the chaps.He phoned a few hours later to make sure we got settled in and let me know where he keep the grinder for the weed.Lovely fellow.

7sisters
05-25-2016, 01:17 PM

I left the last cottage I visited in a bit of a hurry... We all know it, I'm sure.
Some young mincer started brandishing his old chap about making a bit of a show of himself..

http://www.highburyfieldsassociation.org/IMG_2685.jpg-for-web-normal.jpg

Sir C
05-25-2016, 01:17 PM
We wonce hired a cottage in Donegal from a young lad that inherited his old ma's cottage.Did it up nice and proper he did.When we arrived he had a bottle of wine sitting on the kitchen table for the ladies,bottle of Jameson for the chaps.He phoned a few hours later to make sure we got settled in and let me know where he keep the grinder for the weed.Lovely fellow.

A fine chap indeed. I shall hope for similar hospitality.

Sir C
05-25-2016, 01:19 PM
I left the last cottage I visited in a bit of a hurry... We all know it, I'm sure.
Some young mincer started brandishing his old chap about making a bit of a show of himself..

http://www.highburyfieldsassociation.org/IMG_2685.jpg-for-web-normal.jpg

You and jorge should get together and so something about those disgusting faggots who are all determined to bum rape you / brainwash your children / whatever other fantasies bigots harbour about members of the LGBTQI community.

Luis Anaconda
05-25-2016, 01:19 PM

Always seems to be a tradition to leave out a bottle of wine in places I have stayed. Never particularly high quality but it gets drunk never the less

The Jorge
05-25-2016, 01:20 PM
You and jorge should get together and so something about those disgusting faggots who are all determined to bum rape you / brainwash your children / whatever other fantasies bigots harbour about members of the LGBTQI community.

*******s, I've a big gay following.

Burney
05-25-2016, 01:21 PM
I am awfully taken with this house rental business. I have one arranged up in the north, and one in France during the summer.

The freedom to prepare a meal using local ingredients really is perfectly marvellous.

You once mocked the very idea of self-catering. You were most sneery about it.

Sir C
05-25-2016, 01:22 PM

Would you say that some of your best friends are 'bent'? :rolleyes:

Sir C
05-25-2016, 01:22 PM
You once mocked the very idea of self-catering. You were most sneery about it.

You used to reject Marmite :shrug:

The Jorge
05-25-2016, 01:23 PM

One of them certainly is, though I have my suspicions about some of the others.

Burney
05-25-2016, 01:24 PM
You used to reject Marmite :shrug:

That's different.

Sir C
One of them certainly is, though I have my suspicions about some of the others.

Same for me with people of colour.

redgunamo

Report him to the police then, imo.

Jake
05-25-2016, 01:27 PM

lol vg a.

[10 characters]

Sir C
05-25-2016, 01:29 PM
That's different.

Tastes change. We change. We were different people then. We are what we are, not what we were. How many banal ways can I find to say the same thing?

TheCurly
05-25-2016, 01:30 PM

Being a bender is quite the cool now Sir C.I've always had a lot of time for the perverts it has to be said

Burney
05-25-2016, 01:32 PM
Tastes change. We change. We were different people then. We are what we are, not what we were. How many banal ways can I find to say the same thing?

You seem very reflective this afternoon. What's brought this on?

Sir C
05-25-2016, 01:34 PM
You seem very reflective this afternoon. What's brought this on?

Oh, you know. Feeling the age. Knees giving intimations of mortality. A la recherche du temps perdu. The usual stuff.

Burney
05-25-2016, 01:39 PM
Oh, you know. Feeling the age. Knees giving intimations of mortality. A la recherche du temps perdu. The usual stuff.

Hmmmm. Pull yourself together, you enormous Nancy boy. : thumbup:

Sir C
05-25-2016, 01:41 PM
Hmmmm. Pull yourself together, you enormous Nancy boy. : thumbup:

11 years since that night, though. 12 years since other stuff, you know. 12 years.

Sheesh.

Burney
05-25-2016, 01:44 PM
11 years since that night, though. 12 years since other stuff, you know. 12 years.

Sheesh.

Yeah. But its just numbers, innit? :shrug:

Sir C
05-25-2016, 01:47 PM
Yeah. But its just numbers, innit? :shrug:

Life. It's just life. Lives. Time. The passing thereof. Emotions. Fears. Hopes. Regrets. All past, all dead and gone and dessicated and no more.

:sigh:

Burney
05-25-2016, 01:50 PM
Life. It's just life. Lives. Time. The passing thereof. Emotions. Fears. Hopes. Regrets. All past, all dead and gone and dessicated and no more.

:sigh:

Yes, well it does no good moping about dwelling on these things. Onwards, ever onwards.

The Jorge
05-25-2016, 01:52 PM
Yes, well it does no good moping about dwelling on these things. Onwards, ever onwards.

b, seriously, you should use this button

Burney
05-25-2016, 01:54 PM
I'm using my phone. I don't have that button