View Full Version : My spies are reporting that dinner will be delayed,

redgunamo
05-24-2016, 03:36 PM
due to entirely forseeable unforseen circumstances :cracksopenanotherbottle:

Sir C
05-24-2016, 03:39 PM
due to entirely forseeable unforseen circumstances :cracksopenanotherbottle:

A sauerkraut/choucroutesnafu, r?

Do you take senf with your wurst, or do you favour a frog mustard?

redgunamo
05-24-2016, 03:45 PM

Oh, Löwensenf any day of the week

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51WkzdIzbaL.jpg

Burney
05-24-2016, 03:52 PM

I have to go out to dinner in a pub in Essex this evening. I fear it will be dreadful. :-(

Sir C
05-24-2016, 03:54 PM
I have to go out to dinner in a pub in Essex this evening. I fear it will be dreadful. :-(

Good luck with that. Mind you, I rather fancy dinner in a pub sometime. They might have a mixed grill!

Fishmonger shortly; the glw has requested mackerel or trout. Of all the likely available fishes - mackerel or trout?

Sometimes she is awfully English.

redgunamo
05-24-2016, 03:54 PM

Yes, talking of strange, foreign places you've seldom visited, I've only ever knowingly entered Essex once.

Burney
05-24-2016, 03:58 PM
Good luck with that. Mind you, I rather fancy dinner in a pub sometime. They might have a mixed grill!

Fishmonger shortly; the glw has requested mackerel or trout. Of all the likely available fishes - mackerel or trout?

Sometimes she is awfully English.

A mackerel is a fine beast. A trout - unless wild - I wouldn't give tuppence for.

Having dinner with the uncle and aged Ps. The glw is driving, bless her. :guinness:

Burney
05-24-2016, 03:59 PM
Yes, talking of strange, foreign places you've seldom visited, I've only ever knowingly entered Essex once.

It varies from the truly awful (Grays, Tilbury, Romford, Basildon) to the eminently tolerable (Saffron Walden), but it's still not all that.

redgunamo
05-24-2016, 07:08 PM
It varies from the truly awful (Grays, Tilbury, Romford, Basildon) to the eminently tolerable (Saffron Walden), but it's still not all that.

This place was in the wilderness around Chelmsford, I think. Very flat.