PDA

View Full Version : I’ve always thought Clattenburg was a superb referee, but those incidents on Saturday

Monty92
05-23-2016, 11:59 AM
when he failed to play advantage were just unforgivable. What on earth was he thinking? Surely refs should ALWAYS have a potential advantage on their mind when a foul takes place.

Infuriating!

Luis Anaconda
05-23-2016, 12:01 PM
when he failed to play advantage were just unforgivable. What on earth was he thinking? Surely refs should ALWAYS have a potential advantage on their mind when a foul takes place.

Infuriating!
tbf if you thought he was a superb referee before that, you should probably get another hobby.

Saturday will be fun, if he pulls that **** in the Champions League Final

Pat Vegas
05-23-2016, 12:04 PM

Infuriating!

He always seemed to me to be a clumsy type.
Clattenburg even sounds clumsy

The Jorge
05-23-2016, 12:10 PM
He always seemed to me to be a clumsy type.
Clattenburg even sounds clumsy
Always sounded tasty to me
http://ichef.bbci.co.uk/food/ic/food_16x9_448/recipes/battenburg_cake_60878_16x9.jpg

Sir C
05-23-2016, 12:13 PM
Always sounded tasty to me
http://ichef.bbci.co.uk/food/ic/food_16x9_448/recipes/battenburg_cake_60878_16x9.jpg

Battenburg must be the most rubbish of all cakes, mustn't it? A Victoria sponge is dull, but it has jam, at least. Your Battenburg just has... sugar.

Monty92
05-23-2016, 12:14 PM
Battenburg must be the most rubbish of all cakes, mustn't it? A Victoria sponge is dull, but it has jam, at least. Your Battenburg just has... sugar.

All cakes are rubbish. Even chocolate cake - and I'm positively female when it comes to chocolate.

The Jorge
05-23-2016, 12:17 PM
All cakes are rubbish. Even chocolate cake - and I'm positively female when it comes to chocolate.

What the **** are you on about? Cake's ace.

You're a strange boy, M

The Jorge
05-23-2016, 12:18 PM

Oh yes, it's a nan cake, and a midtable nan cake at that but "just sugar"? There's nothing wrong with sugar.

SWv2
I was at a party / event on saturday afternoon where Lemon Drizzle cake was being served, indeed people were commenting on how good it was.

Ash

IT HAS MARZIPAN!! :eat:

Sir C
05-23-2016, 12:19 PM
All cakes are rubbish. Even chocolate cake. And I'm positively female when it comes to my chocolate addiction.

Stuff and nonsense. Appelgebak met slagroom. Sachertorte. Coffee and walnut cake. Jamaica Ginger Cake (with cold butter on). What of the cream cakes? The eclair and the millefeuille, for example. The cheesecake, the Black Forest gateau, the frangipan?

The Jorge
05-23-2016, 12:21 PM
Stuff and nonsense. Appelgebak met slagroom. Sachertorte. Coffee and walnut cake. Jamaica Ginger Cake (with cold butter on). What of the cream cakes? The eclair and the millefeuille, for example. The cheesecake, the Black Forest gateau, the frangipan?

Are you down with the apfeltaart, C?

SWv2
05-23-2016, 12:23 PM
Cheesecake is not really cake mind you.

redgunamo
05-23-2016, 12:24 PM

It's not really cheese either, so I gather.

Sir C
05-23-2016, 12:27 PM
Are you down with the apfeltaart, C?

'Apfel' is a bit German for my tastes, j :-(

I suspect that with your knowledge of the Netherlands you refer to the 4 p.m. custom of coffee and apple cake with whipped cream? The appelgebak met slagroom - a thing of joy and beauty. Have you seen the signs outside cafes saying, 'Today the appelgebak is ready at 16:10' or whatever time, so that everyone knows exactly where they stand vis a vis their afternoion snack, in a very Dutch way. :hehe:

The Jorge
05-23-2016, 12:32 PM
'Apfel' is a bit German for my tastes, j :-(

I suspect that with your knowledge of the Netherlands you refer to the 4 p.m. custom of coffee and apple cake with whipped cream? The appelgebak met slagroom - a thing of joy and beauty. Have you seen the signs outside cafes saying, 'Today the appelgebak is ready at 16:10' or whatever time, so that everyone knows exactly where they stand vis a vis their afternoion snack, in a very Dutch way. :hehe:

Well it was a recipie we picked up in Gelderland so it's only to be expected. Appelgebak is something I more associate with Den Haag, Delft and A'Dam.

Sir C
05-23-2016, 12:32 PM

Oh, it's definitely cake; it's just that it's made from cheese and biscuits, rather than flour and eggs.

It's a different type of cake, sw.

Monty92
05-23-2016, 12:33 PM

I’m talking about yer sponges and yer black forests – the fluffy ones that taste of **** all and have an anaemic, pointless texture.

I ****ing love me a cheesecake.

Sir C
05-23-2016, 12:34 PM
Well it was a recipie we picked up in Gelderland so it's only to be expected. Appelgebak is something I more associate with Den Haag, Delft and A'Dam.

Hmm, I have eaten may fine Appelgebaks in Arnhem and Nijmegen, j.

Sir C
05-23-2016, 12:34 PM
I’m talking about yer sponges and yer black forests – the fluffy ones that taste of **** all and have an anaemic, pointless texture.

I ****ing love me a cheesecake.

Is cheesecake a jewthing?

Pokster
05-23-2016, 12:35 PM

My GLW made a gin and Tonic cake yesterday... I have no idea how it tastes as she took it into work :(

Luis Anaconda
05-23-2016, 12:39 PM
My GLW made a gin and Tonic cake yesterday... I have no idea how it tastes as she took it into work :(

Nice line from Athers on Jimmy's travails at Headingley

"In a stroke, he banished bad memories of two years ago, when he ended the match against Sri Lanka at Headingley in tears after his 55-ball batting vigil ended with defeat for England off the penultimate ball, and his relatively poor record at the ground. It would seem that it was cured over a natter and a round of golf when he and Broad decided to switch their traditional ends. Only nine years too late."

The Jorge
05-23-2016, 12:46 PM
Hmm, I have eaten may fine Appelgebaks in Arnhem and Nijmegen, j.

Notice I namechecked the most touristy places in Holland there? I reckon it's that. Arent the Gelderlanders basically German anyway, what with their hill and everything.

Sir C
05-23-2016, 12:48 PM
Notice I namechecked the most touristy places in Holland there? I reckon it's that. Arent the Gelderlanders basically German anyway, what with their hill and everything.

No no, they have the mighty Rijn between them and the Germans, God spare them.

Monty92
05-23-2016, 12:51 PM
Is cheesecake a jewthing?

Not really, no.

I'm not sure the jewishers can lay claim to a particular cake. Rum and raizion, perhaps? :clap:

Sorry :-|

Sir C
05-23-2016, 12:54 PM
Not really, no.

I'm not sure the jewishers can lay claim to a particular cake. Rum and raizion, perhaps? :clap:

Sorry :-|

No, it is, apparently. Something to do with Samarkand.