PDA

View Full Version : What's the current cause of the EgyptAir crash?

Pat Vegas
05-23-2016, 09:51 AM
I heard dodgy laptops now? Where's Monty?

The Jorge
05-23-2016, 09:52 AM
The chief suspects:

http://i3.mirror.co.uk/incoming/article2206755.ece/ALTERNATES/s1200/Alan-Carr.jpg

Pat Vegas
05-23-2016, 09:55 AM
Allans! 10 characters

Sir C
05-23-2016, 09:58 AM
I heard dodgy laptops now? Where's Monty?

The first fire alert was from the lav. Perhaps someone set the ******* alight with a fag :-(

The Jorge
05-23-2016, 10:03 AM
The first fire alert was from the lav. Perhaps someone set the ******* alight with a fag :-(

See, Alans. Told you

Pat Vegas
05-23-2016, 10:06 AM

I always find it odd you can buy lighters once you past security. since in most airports you can not smoke I find this a bit odd.

Could won easily start a fire in the toilets? set fire to the toilet roll or a newspaper or something.

Burney
05-23-2016, 10:06 AM

Or that's where they went to set fire to the bomb in their shoes?

SWv2
05-23-2016, 10:10 AM
Is it not customary in these circumstances to own up and take the blame/credit*

*depending on your viewpoint

Would seem little point in the eyes of this casual observer to carry out such an action and to then not put your hand up and tell the world what the story is.

Pat Vegas
05-23-2016, 10:11 AM
Is it not customary in these circumstances to own up and take the blame/credit*

*depending on your viewpoint

Would seem little point in the eyes of this casual observer to carry out such an action and to then not put your hand up and tell the world what the story is.

:nod: Like who ever was having a fag in the Forrest in Alberta isn't going to admit it.

By the way the fire is still burning and bigger than it's been so far!

The Jorge
05-23-2016, 10:12 AM
:nod: Like who ever was having a fag in the Forrest in Alberta isn't going to admit it.

It's literally like adding fuel to the flames, what with it being a massive oil town and all that.

Sir C
05-23-2016, 10:14 AM
Or that's where they went to set fire to the bomb in their shoes?

Feasibly, I suppose. Or perhaps the fire started in the avionics bay and the smoke vented into the toilet first?

It's often the bodies that provide the obvious signs of an explosive device :-(

Burney
05-23-2016, 10:16 AM
Feasibly, I suppose. Or perhaps the fire started in the avionics bay and the smoke vented into the toilet first?

It's often the bodies that provide the obvious signs of an explosive device :-(

Li-Ion batteries are basically an accident waiting to happen, of course. Not sure if they're a factor on this aircraft.

I'm completely guessing, of course.

Burney
05-23-2016, 10:17 AM

Meh. It's only Canada, though, innit.

Sir C
05-23-2016, 10:19 AM
Li-Ion batteries are basically an accident waiting to happen, of course. Not sure if they're a factor on this aircraft.

I'm completely guessing, of course.

I thought they'd tightened the rules on the carriage of the little nasties. I could be wrong, of course.

Burney
05-23-2016, 10:23 AM
I thought they'd tightened the rules on the carriage of the little nasties. I could be wrong, of course.

Are they not actually a part of some of the aircraft's systems, though?

redgunamo
05-23-2016, 10:23 AM

I don't think we're allowed to call them that anymore. You know, forgive and forget and a' that.

Just say "*******s" instead.

Sir C
05-23-2016, 10:25 AM
Are they not actually a part of some of the aircraft's systems, though?

I don't know, I hadn't heard that. I note that their carriage as cargo has indeed been banned, though.

Burney
05-23-2016, 10:30 AM
I don't know, I hadn't heard that. I note that their carriage as cargo has indeed been banned, though.

http://www.saftbatteries.com/market-solutions/aviation/presentation

Rich
05-23-2016, 10:33 AM

I have often thought how easy it would be so set light to an aircraft in mid-flight.

What would be the protocol here? Cut the cabin oxygen supply and drop the masks down to extinguish the fire?

Pat Vegas
05-23-2016, 10:34 AM
Meh. It's only Canada, though, innit.

yes but it's put the price of petrol and diesel up.

Sir C
05-23-2016, 10:36 AM
I have often thought how easy it would be so set light to an aircraft in mid-flight.

What would be the protocol here? Cut the cabin oxygen supply and drop the masks down to extinguish the fire?

There is no cabin oxygen supply.

I'd say the generally accepted technique would be for the cabin crew to deploy a fire extinguisher.

TheCurly
05-23-2016, 10:37 AM
There is no cabin oxygen supply.

I'd say the generally accepted technique would be for the cabin crew to deploy a fire extinguisher.

They were flying over water.Drop a big hose down,suck on one end.Job done

Burney
05-23-2016, 10:37 AM
yes but it's put the price of petrol and diesel up.

That can only be good news. wd careless Canucks imo.