PDA

View Full Version : Watching GoT yesterday has left me with nothing to look forward to (No spoilers)

Burney
05-23-2016, 08:26 AM
Usually, it is a bright point for a Monday, but when I read it had been leaked early I couldn't resist.

Damn my innate resistance to the concept of delayed gratification. :-(

Luis Anaconda
05-23-2016, 08:30 AM
Usually, it is a bright point for a Monday, but when I read it had been leaked early I couldn't resist.

:hehe: I had a similar problem last week. We had a holiday here last Monday so I watched it in the afternoon - was lost for something to do in the evening. Also came on here and realised I couldn't discuss it until Tuesday. Is it a good one though, b?

Burney
05-23-2016, 08:33 AM
:hehe: I had a similar problem last week. We had a holiday here last Monday so I watched it in the afternoon - was lost for something to do in the evening. Also came on here and realised I couldn't discuss it until Tuesday. Is it a good one though, b?

Oh, yes. There's boobs and fighting and an alarming close-up of a *****. That is as much as I'll say. :nod:

The worst of it is not being able to talk about it. :-(

Sir C
05-23-2016, 08:35 AM
Oh, yes. There's boobs and fighting and an alarming close-up of a *****. That is as much as I'll say. :nod:

I have come to believe that you are afraid of *****es, b. It's remarkable how often you are alarmed by one. I shall try googling this issue and will advise further in due course.

Burney
05-23-2016, 08:37 AM
I have come to believe that you are afraid of *****es, b. It's remarkable how often you are alarmed by one. I shall try googling this issue and will advise further in due course.

I'm not afraid of them. I just like to be braced for them to appear. I don't like them suddenly looming up at me out of nowhere like in War and Peace.

Luis Anaconda
05-23-2016, 08:38 AM

Sounds, um, interesting

Sir C
05-23-2016, 08:39 AM
I'm not afraid of them. I just like to be braced for them to appear. I don't like them suddenly looming up at me out of nowhere like in War and Peace.

I may have found the answer; if we work together at this thing, we can end your nightmare.

"Therapy can both help to get to the bottom of the phobia, understanding the cause of it, and treat the phobia. Cognitive-behavioral and shock or exposure therapy is helpful in desensitizing people or changing the way they react to a stimulus."

Billy Goat Sverige
05-23-2016, 08:40 AM

I watched it as well. Great episode, probably one of my favourite ones.

Burney
05-23-2016, 08:43 AM
I may have found the answer; if we work together at this thing, we can end your nightmare.

"Therapy can both help to get to the bottom of the phobia, understanding the cause of it, and treat the phobia. Cognitive-behavioral and shock or exposure therapy is helpful in desensitizing people or changing the way they react to a stimulus."

Does this involve you showing me your *****? :-(

Burney
05-23-2016, 08:44 AM
I watched it as well. Great episode, probably one of my favourite ones.

:nod: We should start a 'spoilers' thread to discuss it.

Sir C
05-23-2016, 08:44 AM
Does this involve you showing me your *****? :-(

Only when you're not expecting it.

Burney
05-23-2016, 08:47 AM

Talking of hideous, swollen appendages, I've been bitten by a horsefly on my left wrist and my wrist and hand have ballooned horribly. Luckily, I had the foresight to remove my wedding ring early doors or I'd be in proper trouble. It's gross. :-(

Sir C
05-23-2016, 08:49 AM
Talking of hideous, swollen appendages, I've been bitten by a horsefly on my left wrist and my wrist and hand have ballooned horribly. Luckily, I had the foresight to remove my wedding ring early doors or I'd be in proper trouble. It's gross. :-(

My God, what if you can never play the piano again? :-(

redgunamo
05-23-2016, 08:49 AM

Surely that will be hard, so to speak, now that you've said it?

Sir C
05-23-2016, 08:50 AM
Surely that will be hard, so to speak, now that you've said it?

He has to sleep sometime :shrug:

Burney
05-23-2016, 08:51 AM
My God, what if you can never play the piano again? :-(

Never mind that. My otherwise elegant, but manly wrist now looks all fat and red. :-(

Sir C
05-23-2016, 08:52 AM
Never mind that. My otherwise elegant, but manly wrist now looks all fat and red. :-(

Clarityn, that's the stuff for you.

Burney
05-23-2016, 08:54 AM
Clarityn, that's the stuff for you.

I thought that was just for hay fever weaklings?

Luis Anaconda
05-23-2016, 08:55 AM

Are you still playing cricket this year, b?

Sir C
05-23-2016, 08:57 AM

No, it works for all allergic-reacting immuno-wimp weaklings.

Burney
05-23-2016, 09:02 AM
No, it works for all allergic-reacting immuno-wimp weaklings.

I don't see this as an allergic reaction. It's a manly defence by my body against the filth that some **** of a horsefly has put into my bloodstream.

Sir C
05-23-2016, 09:03 AM
I don't see this as an allergic reaction. It's a manly defence by my body against the filth that some **** of a horsefly has put into my bloodstream.

Hmm, your claims of 'manly defence' fail to convince, given that we know that the sight of a ***** has you screaming like a girl and hiding behind the sofa.