PDA

View Full Version : Looks like Maureen coming in to ManU

Alberto Balsam Rodriguez
05-23-2016, 07:59 AM
That will ignite the Arsenal v ManU fixture a little bit.

Can Wenger finally get a competitive win against the sulky won?

Brentwood
05-23-2016, 08:30 AM
That will ignite the Arsenal v ManU fixture a little bit.

Can Wenger finally get a competitive win against the sulky won?

You just know the journalists in his press conference will goad him into saying something about Wenger not winning a trophy again, and he'll lack the good grace and self awareness to reflect upon his dismal failure at Chelsea last season and stay quiet. Then I'll remember how much I hate him and be in a bad mood for at least ten minutes

7sisters
05-23-2016, 08:32 AM
You just know the journalists in his press conference will goad him into saying something about Wenger not winning a trophy again, and he'll lack the good grace and self awareness to reflect upon his dismal failure at Chelsea last season and stay quiet. Then I'll remember how much I hate him and be in a bad mood for at least ten minutes

I actually feel sorry for LvG. The press have been hounding him out of his job for 6 months and not a word of support from their pathetic board.
What a joke of a club. I remember being told they stood by their managers and would never be part of the hire and fire culture.
They deserve Mourinho.

Brentwood
05-23-2016, 08:37 AM
I actually feel sorry for LvG. The press have been hounding him out of his job for 6 months and not a word of support from their pathetic board.
What a joke of a club. I remember being told they stood by their managers and would never be part of the hire and fire culture.
They deserve Mourinho.

I don't think Man Utd have acted particularly badly here. Not their fault that the speculation in the press has been rife all season after LVG has made such a terrible job of things. They have stayed quiet, backed him, let him see out the season. Straight after their cup win though, JM's agent leaked to the press that he was taking over, which is a pretty scummy move. They could have let him enjoy that achievement for a day at least :hehe: Apparently they have been paying him 4m in secret, so that he wouldn't take another job before the end of the season. That seems to me like a fairly dignified way to go about things

The Jorge
05-23-2016, 08:40 AM
I don't think Man Utd have acted particularly badly here. Not their fault that the speculation in the press has been rife all season after LVG has made such a terrible job of things. They have stayed quiet, backed him, let him see out the season. Straight after their cup win though, JM's agent leaked to the press that he was taking over, which is a pretty scummy move. They could have let him enjoy that achievement for a day at least :hehe: Apparently they have been paying him 4m in secret, so that he wouldn't take another job before the end of the season. That seems to me like a fairly dignified way to go about things

It's only classy by the standards of modern football. I know LvG hasnt exactly been a massive success but to have everything lined up and ready to go between them winning the cup and the cup winning press conference is just crass.

7sisters
05-23-2016, 08:44 AM

Hang on.. They've completely under minded the bloke. They obviously didn't have the dignity to keep the 4m payment out of the media, if true.
Whatever you think of LvG, he didn't deserve that kind of treatment.
He'd just lifted the cup and the knives were out within a couple of hours.
The board could have reached an agreement with him to see out the season and go months back.
They allowed this farce to be dragged out by the media and not said a word.
Even now, the poor **** doesn't seem to know if he's in or out.

Brentwood
05-23-2016, 08:46 AM
It's only classy by the standards of modern football. I know LvG hasnt exactly been a massive success but to have everything lined up and ready to go between them winning the cup and the cup winning press conference is just crass.

The thing is though, if they wanted JM then they had no other choice other than to do it this way. I suppose they could have sacked LVG halfway through the season, but then they probably remembered that JM is a chequebook manager in a closed transfer window and they probably wanted to see Rashford play a bit before he's loaned out somewhere, never to be seen again

I really really really hope this ends badly for JM and Man Utd (as I strongly suspect it will)

redgunamo
05-23-2016, 08:46 AM

I'd imagine Manchester United now hate the **** after backing him with all that money. I would.

Sir C
05-23-2016, 08:48 AM
Hang on.. They've completely under minded the bloke. They obviously didn't have the dignity to keep the 4m payment out of the media, if true.
The board could have reached an agreement with him to see out the season and go months back.

According to The Times this morning, he's due a £5.3m pay off.

I'm going to be honest with you here. For £5.3m you can play as fast and loose as you like with my dignity. I'll get over it.

7sisters
05-23-2016, 08:49 AM
I'd imagine Manchester United now hate the **** after backing him with all that money. I would.

The best part of that statement is that they'll inevitably be saying the same thing about Maureen within a couple of years.
I also like the way their fans seem to have forgotten Maureens tactical ability to suffocate the opposition at the expense of presumably ' playing the United way '

redgunamo
05-23-2016, 08:51 AM
The best part of that statement is that they'll inevitably be saying the same thing about Maureen within a couple of years.
I also like the way their fans seem to have forgotten Maureens tactical ability to suffocate the opposition at the expense of presumably ' playing the United way '

"Playing the United way" simply means winning the league, imo.

7sisters
05-23-2016, 08:51 AM
The thing is though, if they wanted JM then they had no other choice other than to do it this way. I suppose they could have sacked LVG halfway through the season, but then they probably remembered that JM is a chequebook manager in a closed transfer window and they probably wanted to see Rashford play a bit before he's loaned out somewhere, never to be seen again

I really really really hope this ends badly for JM and Man Utd (as I strongly suspect it will)

The odd thing is, he appears to have the foundations of a half decent squad. Some great young talent coming through and with the addition of a top CM - CB, they'll be up there challenging.

Brentwood
05-23-2016, 09:24 AM

This has all been leaked by Mourinho's agent, not the club

redgunamo
05-24-2016, 08:16 AM

Something to do with the New York Stock Exchange apparently :shrug:

SWv2
05-24-2016, 08:57 AM

To be honest I don’t think this is a bad thing in respect of Man United, succession planning and all that.

Management of the whole scenario appears to have been taken from them by the news leak on Saturday evening, presumably by someone associated with Mourinho who just wanted the story to be all about him.

The Jorge
05-24-2016, 09:09 AM
To be honest I don’t think this is a bad thing in respect of Man United, succession planning and all that.

Management of the whole scenario appears to have been taken from them by the news leak on Saturday evening, presumably by someone associated with Mourinho who just wanted the story to be all about him.

That does seem to be the widely accepted theory, yes. I dunno, maybe I set too much stock by doing things the right way, which is understandable given who I support. Though it does seem to me like Jose should be winding his neck in and being on his best behaviour, for a little while at least, so Utd's 'Football Board' consisting of Gill, Charlton and Sralxfrgsn, could be at least placataed.

SWv2
05-24-2016, 09:20 AM
That does seem to be the widely accepted theory, yes. I dunno, maybe I set too much stock by doing things the right way, which is understandable given who I support. Though it does seem to me like Jose should be winding his neck in and being on his best behaviour, for a little while at least, so Utd's 'Football Board' consisting of Gill, Charlton and Sralxfrgsn, could be at least placataed.

I think the concept of doing it the right way is a myth. A multi-million global business has to have planning and that is all they have done, planned his departure irrespective of Saturday’s win.

Given the much reported defiance among some of that elite to his appointment before I find it odd that they have gone for him now, seduced by hopeful quick success but surely admitting defeat on any sustained period of stability.

For all his much vaunted successes over the years I can’t help but see him as damaged goods at this time.

Sky were attempting to trumpet his arrival last evening as a prelude to almost automatic league success, the absolute thick ****s that they are.

The Jorge
05-24-2016, 09:25 AM
I think the concept of doing it the right way is a myth. A multi-million global business has to have planning and that is all they have done, planned his departure irrespective of Saturday’s win.

Given the much reported defiance among some of that elite to his appointment before I find it odd that they have gone for him now, seduced by hopeful quick success but surely admitting defeat on any sustained period of stability.

For all his much vaunted successes over the years I can’t help but see him as damaged goods at this time.

Sky were attempting to trumpet his arrival last evening as a prelude to almost automatic league success, the absolute thick ****s that they are.

I think - especially given the upcoming renewal of hostilities between him and Pep - they at least have a ratings success. Also, I have to disagree about the myth of doing things the right way. Most of United's reservations have been about Jose's diva-like and problematic behaviour and to essentially remove the shine from their first trophy in the post-frgsn era is a worryingly classless way to kick things off.

redgunamo
05-24-2016, 09:27 AM
I think - especially given the upcoming renewal of hostilities between him and Pep - they at least have a ratings success. Also, I have to disagree about the myth of doing things the right way. Most of United's reservations have been about Jose's diva-like and problematic behaviour and to essentially remove the shine from their first trophy in the post-frgsn era is a worryingly classless way to kick things off.

Ferguson's arguably worse though. All's fair and a' that.

redgunamo
05-24-2016, 09:33 AM

Who could they get who'd be better though, and a better fit? The thing seems perfect, to me.

SWv2
05-24-2016, 09:36 AM

I am not disagreeing about the manner in which it has played out, very shoddy at best. Unbelievable that by 8pm or 9pm on Saturday night stories were leaking that he was out however I think we both know (without proof admittedly) from where these stories came.

A clear move to undermine that success and to try and shift the spotlight onto one person, as is usually the narrative (I know you like that word) with JM.

It has been a PR disaster for United who could not deny the stories nor could they confirm them. Shambolic scenes then at Carrington yesterday as LvG arrives, even that could have been played out somewhere discreet instead of the one place every person expected them to be.

SWv2
05-24-2016, 09:37 AM
Who could they get who'd be better though, and a better fit? The thing seems perfect, to me.

I am not sure. Let's be honest, we face the same dilemma in 12 months so need to act in less.

Brentwood
05-24-2016, 09:40 AM
I am not sure. Let's be honest, we face the same dilemma in 12 months so need to act in less.

He'll serve the full 25 years, I'm sure of it

redgunamo
05-24-2016, 09:41 AM

Just get Wenger to sign a new contract :monty:

In any case, there's really no sense getting worked up about it, for anybody. If it's not going to be one of the best three or four managers about, it will really make no difference who it is. He may only last five minutes anyway before we give someone else a go.

redgunamo
05-24-2016, 09:42 AM
He'll serve the full 25 years, I'm sure of it

:hehe: You make it sound like a stretch, a sentence.