PDA

View Full Version : The Lankans didn't last very long. We only gave them 2 tests when the sides were

Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult
05-21-2016, 07:48 PM
evenly matched and they had greats like Sanga and Mahela to draw in the crowds. But now they're in trouble they get 3 tests.

It must be rough for visiting teams to have to deal with our pace attack in May at Headingley with cloud cover.

That would have been over in 2 days if we hadn't had the weather interruptions.

Luis Anaconda
05-23-2016, 08:26 AM
evenly matched and they had greats like Sanga and Mahela to draw in the crowds. But now they're in trouble they get 3 tests.

It must be rough for visiting teams to have to deal with our pace attack in May at Headingley with cloud cover.

That would have been over in 2 days if we hadn't had the weather interruptions.

:nod: Agnew did a good piece on this on the Beeb site. Basically said it was a bit of a farce and if they are to keep these early season tests they should be played in London. I don't mind though :-)
Think this was the piece
http://www.bbc.com/sport/cricket/36353294

Pokster
05-23-2016, 08:28 AM
:nod: Agnew did a good piece on this on the Beeb site. Basically said it was a bit of a farce and if they are to keep these early season tests they should be played in London. I don't mind though :-)
Think this was the piece

I am claiming an assist after stating JA had a terrible record at Headingley

Burney
05-23-2016, 08:29 AM
Think this was the piece

Yeah, those were cheap wickets for Anderson. I know you can only beat what's in front of you, but those poor ****ers were like rabbits in the headlights and the ball was booming all over the place.

Luis Anaconda
05-23-2016, 08:33 AM
I am claiming an assist after stating JA had a terrible record at Headingley

:hehe: I remember that as I watched him loop the ball around corners. About ****ing time you could say

Luis Anaconda
05-23-2016, 08:35 AM
Yeah, those were cheap wickets for Anderson. I know you can only beat what's in front of you, but those poor ****ers were like rabbits in the headlights and the ball was booming all over the place.

Indeed - the lad who was making his debut, getting a delivery like that first ball. tbf most teams these days would struggle in those conditions, sadly

Burney
05-23-2016, 08:42 AM
Indeed - the lad who was making his debut, getting a delivery like that first ball. tbf most teams these days would struggle in those conditions, sadly

Yes. Sadly, batsmen now seem to regard the concept of the bowlers having the upper hand as a form of cheating. I do wonder how long it will be before the subcontinental sides just give up playing test matches away from home altogether on the grounds that it's just too hard.

redgunamo
05-23-2016, 08:47 AM

Home advantage, imo. **** 'em.

Luis Anaconda
05-23-2016, 08:57 AM
Yes. Sadly, batsmen now seem to regard the concept of the bowlers having the upper hand as a form of cheating. I do wonder how long it will be before the subcontinental sides just give up playing test matches away from home altogether on the grounds that it's just too hard.

Looking at india's batting in recent home Test matches, I would say they have given up Test cricket already

Luis Anaconda
05-23-2016, 08:58 AM
Home advantage, imo. **** 'em.

Hardly cricket, r

redgunamo
05-23-2016, 09:02 AM
Hardly cricket, r

They put us in and sent us back for under 300. You can't say fairer than that, can you :shrug: