PDA

View Full Version : How on earth is it taking so long to locate this plane? That part of the Med must be

Monty92
05-19-2016, 09:36 AM
teeming with fishing boats, pleasure boats and other traffic.

Come on, ffs! I wanna start blaming the Allans!

Sir C
05-19-2016, 09:39 AM

Aircraft. Aeroplane. Airbus A320. (If you were an airline pilot I would allow, 'the jet'.)

Burney
05-19-2016, 09:41 AM

Well given that it was an Egyptian plane presumably crewed by them, even if it wasn't blown up (which it deffo was) you can still blame the Allans.

Fire away!

Sir C
05-19-2016, 09:43 AM
Well given that it was an Egyptian plane presumably crewed by them, even if it wasn't blown up (which it deffo was) you can still blame the Allans.

Fire away!

Is the Russian air force still knocking the crap out of Syria...?

The Jorge
05-19-2016, 09:45 AM

You'd blame them anyway, wouldnt you?

Burney
05-19-2016, 09:48 AM
Is the Russian air force still knocking the crap out of Syria...?

Yes, but Syria and Egypt are quite a long way away from one another. Even a Russian might struggle to **** up quite so badly as to shoot down an airliner 280 miles off the Egyptian coast and coming from Paris, surely?

The Jorge
05-19-2016, 09:49 AM
Yes, but Syria and Egypt are quite a long way away from one another. Even a Russian might struggle to **** up quite so badly as to shoot down an airliner 280 miles off the Egyptian coast and coming from Paris, surely?

They all piss in the same amphora

Monty92
05-19-2016, 09:50 AM
You'd blame them anyway, wouldnt you?

If it turns out to be a suicider bomb, and we hear the inevitable refrain "Allan Akbar" on the black box recording, then I will hold Islam to account, because the perpetrators will have been directly inspired by what is written in their immutable holy book.

Is that cool with you?

Pat Vegas
05-19-2016, 09:53 AM
Aircraft. Aeroplane. Airbus A320. (If you were an airline pilot I would allow, 'the jet'.)

Sir C I always feel a bit concerned whenever my flight is an Airbus.
But not with Boeing. Probably statistics will prove my fears irrational.

Burney
05-19-2016, 09:53 AM
If it turns out to be a suicider bomb, and we hear the inevitable refrain "Allan Akbar" on the black box recording, then I will hold Islam to account, because the perpetrators will have been directly inspired by what is written in their holy book.

Is that cool with you?

It only had 66 people onboard, though. If I was going to suicide and bring down a plane, I'd at least want to make sure it was full first. It's easily enough done when you check in and try to change your seat.

Sir C
05-19-2016, 09:54 AM

They're not that far apart in aviation terms, particularly military aircraft, which go quite fast. And given that they managed to **** up badly enough to shoot down a Malaysian airliner full of Cloggies, I wouldn't be in the least surprised to hear they'd ****ed up again.

It's unlikely, certainly. But not infeasible.

Pat Vegas
05-19-2016, 09:54 AM
If it turns out to be a suicider bomb, and we hear the inevitable refrain "Allan Akbar" on the black box recording, then I will hold Islam to account, because the perpetrators will have been directly inspired by what is written in their holy book.

Is that cool with you?

I hope not. I have a **** load of flights coming up and I can't be doing with even more ridicules security measures.

TAKE OUT ALL OF YOUR LIQUIDS! TAKE THEM OUT! ONCE YOU CROSS THIS LINE WITHOUT AND LIQUIDS YOU ARE FREE TO PURCHASE AS MANY LIQUIDS AS YOU WISH.

Sir C
05-19-2016, 09:56 AM
Sir C I always feel a bit concerned whenever my flight is an Airbus.
But not with Boeing. Probably statistics will prove my fears irrational.

You need have no fear of either Airbus aircraft nor Boeing aircraft, p. Trust me in this, as one who understands such matters.

Airbus or Boeing, if it goes in, it will only hurt for a teeny-weeny fraction of a moment, so there's nothing to worry about.

Burney
05-19-2016, 09:56 AM
But for a military aircraft to shoot it down, it would presumably have to have eyes on the target, wouldn't it? At which point it would be pretty clear that it was a civilian airliner, wouldn't it?

Monty92
05-19-2016, 09:57 AM
I hope not. I have a **** load of flights coming up and I can't be doing with even more ridicules security measures.

TAKE OUT ALL OF YOUR LIQUIDS! TAKE THEM OUT! ONCE YOU CROSS THIS LINE WITHOUT AND LIQUIDS YOU ARE FREE TO PURCHASE AS MANY LIQUIDS AS YOU WISH.

It's alright for you, mate. No-one's gonna mistake you for an Allan :-( (though I do maintain that ginger religious fanatics are the most sinister kind)

The Jorge
05-19-2016, 09:57 AM

Is that cool with you?

Of course, and if it turns out to be the russians you can blame the Moscow Patriarchate Church and hold them to account via a stupidly long thread where you fail to see any of the nuances of the opposition to your argument and make the same point ad nauseum/infinitum.

Sir C
05-19-2016, 09:58 AM
But for a military aircraft to shoot it down, it would presumably have to have eyes on the target, wouldn't it? At which point it would be pretty clear that it was a civilian airliner, wouldn't it?

Lord no, they can shoot things down from miles away these days. And it was night time.

Perhaps the CIA did it :seamusmilne:

Pat Vegas
05-19-2016, 09:59 AM
They might mistaken my dad for one. his name is Allan :-(

The Jorge
05-19-2016, 10:00 AM
It's alright for you, mate. No-one's gonna mistake you for an Allan :-( (though I do maintain that ginger religious fanatics are the most sinister kind)

Abu-Sunblock damns your kuffar arse to hell!

https://www.jihadwatch.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/Jamal-Uddin.jpg

Burney
05-19-2016, 10:00 AM
Of course, and if it turns out to be the russians you can blame the Moscow Patriarchate Church and hold them to account via a stupidly long thread where you fail to see any of the nuances of the opposition to your argument and make the same point ad nauseum/infinitum.

Yeah, that is a really poor counter-argument right there. Nothing Russia does is explicitly or implicitly motivated by religion. What Islamic terrorists (the clue's in the name, btw) do quite clearly is.

redgunamo
05-19-2016, 10:01 AM

Not necessarily. Certainly Aegis can still shoot first and ask questions later, I think.

The Jorge
05-19-2016, 10:01 AM
This guy must get more **** that Al Kaida https://www.facebook.com/allan.akbar

Burney
05-19-2016, 10:03 AM
Abu-Sunblock damns your kuffar arse to hell!

https://www.jihadwatch.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/Jamal-Uddin.jpg

I can at least understand why someone who's fat, ugly and ginger would have it up their nose for western culture in particular and mankind in general, to be fair.

Snin
05-19-2016, 10:05 AM
refugees found it and took all the clothes and life vests and now paddling it back to paris imo

The Jorge
05-19-2016, 10:06 AM
Yeah, that is a really poor counter-argument right there. Nothing Russia does is explicitly or implicitly motivated by religion. What Islamic terrorists (the clue's in the name, btw) do quite clearly is.

That is, of course, massively overlooking the part religion plays in post-soviet russia, it has played a huge defining role in what they see as their rennaissance/resurgence. The rebuilding of The Cathedral of Christ the Saviour in Moscow was huuuuugely symbolic and, especially after the Checen and Dagestan stuff, Putin has defined himself very much as a righteous christian warrior.

The Jorge
05-19-2016, 10:08 AM
I can at least understand why someone who's fat, ugly and ginger would have it up their nose for western culture in particular and mankind in general, to be fair.

I like the pointy thing they all do though.

Burney
05-19-2016, 10:09 AM
That is, of course, massively overlooking the part religion plays in post-soviet russia, it has played a huge defining role in what they see as their rennaissance/resurgence. The rebuilding of The Cathedral of Christ the Saviour in Moscow was huuuuugely symbolic and, especially after the Checen and Dagestan stuff, Putin has defined himself very much as a righteous christian warrior.

Bull****. Specious, post hoc ergo propter hoc bull****.

Pat Vegas
05-19-2016, 10:10 AM

Yes but what position will he play at the euros?

Monty92
05-19-2016, 10:11 AM

Yes, it’s just Islam I have a problem with. Definitely not all religion. :rolleyes:

The Jorge
05-19-2016, 10:11 AM
Bull****. Specious, post hoc ergo propter hoc bull****.

:rolleyes: It's not my fault you refuse to believe they arent still soviets

redgunamo
05-19-2016, 10:13 AM
Yes but what position will he play at the euros?

Very good, P.

Burney
05-19-2016, 10:56 AM
:rolleyes: It's not my fault you refuse to believe they arent still soviets

I believe they're Russians and Russians have pretty much always been the same. They love a bit of **** about Mother Church and the Holy Sepulchre in Jerusalem and Constantinople and all that crap. I know that. However, trying to frame Russia's current expansionism in those terms is to take something incidental and try to represent it as a major causative and motivational factor in the same way that the desire to create a global Islamic caliphate is for the Islamic terror groups and is just not true.

Fast Eddie
05-20-2016, 04:21 AM

Yucky DOO DOO