PDA

View Full Version : I see Jack Monroe is trolling sane people again.

Burney
05-19-2016, 08:54 AM
:rolleyes:

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2016/may/19/jack-monroe-little-bit-male-little-bit-female

Sir C
05-19-2016, 08:54 AM
:rolleyes:

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2016/may/19/jack-monroe-little-bit-male-little-bit-female

I commented on that this morning. It was gone in 30 seconds :-(

IUFG
05-19-2016, 08:56 AM
I like it that the mentally unhinged can get a job in mainstream employment* :diversityinaction:

*well, journalism

Burney
05-19-2016, 08:58 AM
I commented on that this morning. It was gone in 30 seconds :-(

I saw that. I had a similar experience. What did you say?

I did get one through that pointed out her preference for the infantilising terms 'girl' and 'boy' rather than 'woman' and 'man', which suggests to me that her issue isn't so much to do with what sex or gender she is as that what she really wants to be is prepubescent.

Sir C
05-19-2016, 09:01 AM
I saw that. I had a similar experience. What did you say?

I did get one through that pointed out her preference for the infantilising terms 'girl' and 'boy' rather than 'woman' and 'man', which suggests to me that her issue isn't so much to do with what sex or gender she is as that what she really wants to be is prepubescent.

I simply expressed the hope that, given the undoubted cost of such treatment to the NHS, the next trendy bandwagon to roll into town would require less surgery.

So far we've got their (sic) story as lesbian (but has a child), transgender, has been raped by both (both?) genders, has depression, had an eating disorder, victim of poverty, can orgasm by being touched on the wrist.

I'm going to go out on a limb here. This woman is a raving mad fantasist.

Monty92
05-19-2016, 09:09 AM
I simply expressed the hope that, given the undoubted cost of such treatment to the NHS, the next trendy bandwagon to roll into town would require less surgery.

So far we've got their (sic) story as lesbian (but has a child), transgender, has been raped by both (both?) genders, has depression, had an eating disorder, victim of poverty, can orgasm by being touched on the wrist.

Or, more likely, a very effective self-publicist who is doing very well financially out of her writings.

Burney
05-19-2016, 09:11 AM

Oh, obviously. And a rampant attention seeker to boot. She's basically a winning card in identity politics bingo. It seems to be a living, though.

How exactly does one get raped by a lezzer, btw? Are there diagrams explaining it?

Luis Anaconda
05-19-2016, 09:11 AM
I like it that the mentally unhinged can get a job in mainstream employment* :diversityinaction:

*well, journalism

:nod: Better than letting us loose in the real world

Sir C
05-19-2016, 09:12 AM
Or, more likely, a very effective self-publicist who is doing very well financially out of her writings.

Really? Doing 'very well' from an occasional Guradian piece and a recipe book for council tenants? I thought writers had a hard time making a living?

Monty92
05-19-2016, 09:17 AM
Really? Doing 'very well' from an occasional Guradian piece and a recipe book for council tenants? I thought writers had a hard time making a living?

Relatively speaking, yes. I'm sure she's earning a lot more than she imagined when she was a student and planned to go into social work or, if that didn't work out, running an artisanal cup cake cafe in Brighton or whatever.

The Jorge
05-19-2016, 09:18 AM
Relatively speaking, yes. I'm sure she's earning a lot more than she imaged when she was a student and planned to go into social work or, if that didn't work out, running an artisanal cup cake cafe in Brighton or whatever.

Wasnt she a Firemx?

redgunamo
05-19-2016, 09:20 AM
Relatively speaking, yes. I'm sure she's earning a lot more than she imagined when she was a student and planned to go into social work or, if that didn't work out, running an artisanal cup cake cafe in Brighton or whatever.

"Anal Cupcake Cafe" would be a decent band name, I reckon. Or at least a good title for the debut LP.

Still, it's probably as well you said "artisanal" instead.

Monty92
05-19-2016, 09:22 AM
Wasnt she a Firemx?

Dunno but it seems she also has a deal with Sainsburys which I'd imagine is pretty lucrative. I wouldn't be surprised if she's on six figures.

Sir C
05-19-2016, 09:23 AM
Wasnt she a Firemx?

Yes. She resigned in order to look after her child, signed on, then moaned that she didn't receive enough money from the state to look after her child.

You couldn't make it up, etc.

Luis Anaconda
05-19-2016, 09:25 AM
Oh, obviously. And a rampant attention seeker to boot. She's basically a winning card in identity politics bingo. It seems to be a living, though.

How exactly does one get raped by a lezzer, btw? Are there diagrams explaining it?

Probably best not to google that

Monty92
05-19-2016, 09:26 AM
"Anal Cupcake Cafe" would be a decent band name, I reckon. Or at least a good title for the debut LP.

Still, it's probably as well you said "artisanal" instead.

By the way, you ask why I keep banging on about Wenger. It's because, ultimately, I think there’s a stronger case for him staying than leaving. And I think a lot of people are persuadable on this, if put to them in the right way. And as we saw towards the end of the season, the level of enduring support for him is perhaps larger than we think - potentially at least. If enough of these people can be convinced that he’s still the best man for the job, then maybe it will help shift the dial in His own head about His immediate future.

Obviously I know I‘m just some **** on the internet, but it’s the only platform I've got :-(

redgunamo
05-19-2016, 09:27 AM
Probably best not to google that

Too late :-(

The Jorge
05-19-2016, 09:30 AM
Dunno but it seems she also has a deal with Sainsburys which I'd imagine is pretty lucrative. I wouldn't be surprised if she's on six figures.

I very much doubt she still has that deal after going off about the BBC's recipies being removed. They were removed because Sainsury's were launching a similar site, and Murdoch nacked projects are soon to launch for the others.

Just another example of the beeb crushing the hopes and dreams of small businesses that the heroic tories have put a stop to.

redgunamo
05-19-2016, 09:31 AM
By the way, you ask why I keep banging on about Wenger. It's because, ultimately, I think there’s a stronger case for him staying than leaving. And I think a lot of people are persuadable on this, if put to them in the right way. And as we saw towards the end of the season, the level of enduring support for him is perhaps larger than we think - potentially at least. If enough of these people can be convinced that he’s still the best man for the job, then maybe it will help shift the dial in His own head about His immediate future.

Obviously I know I‘m just some **** on the internet, but it’s the only platform I've got :-(

To be honest, I'm still waiting for you to make the case for Him to leave, as you suggested you could do a better, more convincing job of it than the WOBbers appear to be able to.

The Jorge
05-19-2016, 09:32 AM
Yes. She resigned in order to look after her child, signed on, then moaned that she didn't receive enough money from the state to look after her child.

You couldn't make it up, etc.

I'm so glad you're turning your focus on the real problems in society, like single mothers.

The early 90s Tory Party called, they thank you for your interest in their archives.

Monty92
05-19-2016, 09:34 AM
To be honest, I'm still waiting for you to make the case for Him to leave, as you suggested you could do a better, more convincing job of it than the WOBbers appear to be able to.

Is it not self evident that I could? And you too? There are no coherent arguments for him leaving, other than that lots of fans want him to and that this could, if things got really bad, make his role untenable.

Sir C
05-19-2016, 09:37 AM
I'm so glad you're turning your focus on the real problems in society, like single mothers.

The early 90s Tory Party called, they thank you for your interest in their archives.

I don't know whether you're suggesting that she didn't resign from the fire service, or that voluntarily giving up work in the expectation that the state will keep you in a similar financial condition is a reasonable or morally acceptable position, because you haven't addressed those issues. You have simply squawked 'Tory' at me. :shrug:

The Jorge
05-19-2016, 09:39 AM
I don't know whether you're suggesting that she didn't resign from the fire service, or that voluntarily giving up work in the expectation that the state will keep you in a similar financial condition is a reasonable or morally acceptable position, because you haven't addressed those issues. You have simply squawked 'Tory' at me. :shrug:

Yes, much in the same way you just squarked "Single Mum.....Evil!" at her.

Sir C
05-19-2016, 09:40 AM
Yes, much in the same way you just squarked "Single Mum.....Evil!" at her.

Oh, I see. You didn't read what I wrote. Carry on, then.

The Jorge
05-19-2016, 09:43 AM
Oh, I see. You didn't read what I wrote. Carry on, then.

No, I read it, I just thought it was a little facile and pointless.

redgunamo
05-19-2016, 09:49 AM
Is it not self evident that I could? And you too? There are no coherent arguments for him leaving, other than that lots of fans want him to and that this could, if things got really bad, make his role untenable.

That's just yet another diversion, I'm afraid. If you want to suggest you are open to other managers and wonder why nobody believes you, then you need to go on record with this, with exactly the same level of specificity with which you have argued in favour of Him remaining.

Anyway, by the traditional rules of football, His position is already untenable, long since, in fact. After all this time, 81 points and, perhaps more importantly, Leicester City simply should not be happening on His watch. Frankly, there *is* no argument for Him staying except that He *is* staying so everyone may just as well accept it.