PDA

View Full Version : Another Egyptian plane crash :(

Brentwood
05-19-2016, 07:57 AM
Missing over the ocean somewhere apparently

Sir C
05-19-2016, 08:04 AM
Missing over the ocean somewhere apparently

I think in this instance we can take 'missing' to mean 'teeny-weeny bits of aluminimium', given the amount of military primary radar that must be all over the area.

Monty92
05-19-2016, 08:46 AM
I think in this instance we can take 'missing' to mean 'teeny-weeny bits of aluminimium', given the amount of military primary radar that must be all over the area.

If it was a bomb, I wonder why they'd choose to detonate over the sea rather than land?

Sir C
05-19-2016, 08:50 AM
If it was a bomb, I wonder why they'd choose to detonate over the sea rather than land?

I suppose it depends on how such a thing was detonated. (If, indeed, a bomb was involved.) I'd imagine the obvious detonator would be a timing device, and knowing beforehand at what time the aircraft would be over land would be a matter of guesswork.

Snin
05-19-2016, 08:55 AM
the first egyptian plane crash tbh.. the others were not egyptian planes :)

Brentwood
05-19-2016, 09:30 AM
I suppose it depends on how such a thing was detonated. (If, indeed, a bomb was involved.) I'd imagine the obvious detonator would be a timing device, and knowing beforehand at what time the aircraft would be over land would be a matter of guesswork.

I was thinking about that Old Trafford scare the other day. How secure are the stadium tours that take place every day on non match days? It would be easy for somebody to plant something in the dressing room, under Wenger's seat or in an executive box. My first thought was that Mourinho could plant a listening device in the changing room, but he'd probably be rumbled despite a fake beard and glasses

redgunamo
05-19-2016, 09:35 AM
I was thinking about that Old Trafford scare the other day. How secure are the stadium tours that take place every day on non match days? It would be easy for somebody to plant something in the dressing room, under Wenger's seat or in an executive box. My first thought was that Mourinho could plant a listening device in the changing room, but he'd probably be rumbled despite a fake beard and glasses

There *is* an awful lot of money and experience and even expertise in private security nowadays, but it's still essentially a matter of, There, but for God's mercy and a' that.