PDA

View Full Version : World's gone mad

PSRB
05-18-2016, 03:59 PM
Lukaku reportedly moving for £65m to either United or back to Chelsea

Now I like the lad (when he can be bothered) but he is not a £65m striker, in much the same way as John Stones is not a £50m CB

redgunamo
05-18-2016, 04:09 PM

Now I like the lad (when he can be bothered) but he is not a £65m striker, in much the same way as John Stones is not a £50m CB

Thing is, if you really want to spend that sort of money, there's not all that much about. If Stones, for example, goes to a Top Four club and gives them ten years, no-one will remember the transfer fee.

PSRB
05-18-2016, 04:20 PM
Thing is, if you really want to spend that sort of money, there's not all that much about. If Stones, for example, goes to a Top Four club and gives them ten years, no-one will remember the transfer fee.

Clearly but I just don't think Stones is half as good as the media want him to be. The next Rio Ferdinand, he is not

redgunamo
05-18-2016, 04:27 PM
Clearly but I just don't think Stones is half as good as the media want him to be. The next Rio Ferdinand, he is not

Fair enough. If you say so, I agree. Though a decent manager might back himself to make him a decent player.

Not Wenger obviously :-(

Luis Anaconda
05-18-2016, 05:24 PM

Decent striker worth five million pounds more than former European champions Aston Villa shocker

redgunamo
05-18-2016, 05:39 PM
Decent striker worth five million pounds more than former European champions Aston Villa shocker

I'd rather not say too much until it's clear it's not us that ends up paying all that money for them :-|

barrybueno
05-18-2016, 06:03 PM
Don't think you've got too many concerns on that front tbh. Wenger wouldn't even spend that sum in total in one summer.

redgunamo
05-18-2016, 06:26 PM
Don't think you've got too many concerns on that front tbh. Wenger wouldn't even spend that sum in total in one summer.

People say we're spending silly money on this Xhaka midfielder-bloke, so you never know :-(