PDA

View Full Version : Ann Coulter on Radio 4 earlier

The Jorge
05-18-2016, 09:18 AM
The woman is clearly mental, with a level of mentalism that can only really be nurtured and encouraged by the swivel-eyed rightwing loons, but it was funny to hear her bumping up against the polite stylings of Humprehys and Naghty.

Sir C
05-18-2016, 09:29 AM
The woman is clearly mental, with a level of mentalism that can only really be nurtured and encouraged by the swivel-eyed rightwing loons, but it was funny to hear her bumping up against the polite stylings of Humprehys and Naghty.

I understand this person to be American, j. Pray tell, why is the British Broadcasting Corporation wasting its time and our money broadcasting the drivellings of an American? Of what possible interest could her views be to us?

The Jorge
05-18-2016, 09:32 AM
I understand this person to be American, j. Pray tell, why is the British Broadcasting Corporation wasting its time and our money broadcasting the drivellings of an American? Of what possible interest could her views be to us?

I think it's the whole Leader-of-the-Free-World business, C. I dont like it but there you are.

She called Jim Naughty 'babycakes'

Sir C
05-18-2016, 09:35 AM
I think it's the whole Leader-of-the-Free-World business, C. I dont like it but there you are.

A rum lot and no mistake. The last time we asked them for a little assistance they made us give our Empire away and then bankrupted us.

I'll have no truck with them.

7sisters
05-18-2016, 09:45 AM
A rum lot and no mistake. The last time we asked them for a little assistance they made us give our Empire away and then bankrupted us.

I'll have no truck with them.
Hang on.. The Americans or the lot over in Brussels ?

redgunamo
05-18-2016, 09:46 AM

They're very good people, I think, if you keep to jazz music and western movies. Possibly also professional wrestling and stone crab and champagne breakfasts.

Burney
05-18-2016, 09:47 AM

The idea of anyone being affectionate towards Naughtie makes my gorge rise.

Mind you, isn't Ann Coulter just an American Katie Hopkins?

Sir C
05-18-2016, 09:48 AM

I don't think it was the EU who insisted we give away India, Malaya and Kenya :cry:

Burney
05-18-2016, 09:48 AM
They're very good people, I think, if you keep to jazz music and western movies. Possibly also professional wrestling and stone crab and champagne breakfasts.

They also make good - albeit obscenely calorific - sandwiches.

Oh, I do like a western, r. What's your favourite?

Sir C
05-18-2016, 09:51 AM

I like the Clint one where he keeps gobbing on dogs.

I wonder if I have that quite right?

There was another one I liked which featured the Cavalry coming to the rescue. She Wore A Yellow Ribbon.

Burney
05-18-2016, 09:51 AM
I don't think it was the EU who insisted we give away India, Malaya and Kenya :cry:

Yes. They basically used the most terrible war the world has ever seen as an opportunity to make ****loads of money, take rival players off the map and then had the ****ing temerity to expect us all to be ****ing grateful and bang on endlessly about their 'greatest generation'. ****s.

The Jorge
05-18-2016, 09:52 AM
The idea of anyone being affectionate towards Naughtie makes my gorge rise.

Mind you, isn't Ann Coulter just an American Katie Hopkins?

I dont think so, people actually seem to take Coulter more seriously. Though it is americans though.

Sir C
05-18-2016, 09:52 AM
Yes. They basically used the most terrible war the world has ever seen as an opportunity to make ****loads of money, take rival players off the map and then had the ****ing temerity to expect us all to be ****ing grateful and bang on endlessly about their 'greatest generation'. ****s.

I'd forgive them all that if they weren't such ghastly boors.

Burney
05-18-2016, 09:54 AM
I like the Clint one where he keeps gobbing on dogs.

I wonder if I have that quite right?

There was another one I liked which featured the Cavalry coming to the rescue. She Wore A Yellow Ribbon.

The Outlaw Josey Wales - whether that's strictly speaking a western is questionable, but I'll allow it.

When it comes to Ford movies, My Darling Clementine has to be my favourite - not least because it doesn't have John Wayne in it.

The Jorge
05-18-2016, 09:57 AM

Wow, just wow

redgunamo
05-18-2016, 09:57 AM

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0049743/

And one or two of the spaghettis, of course.

Burney
05-18-2016, 10:04 AM
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0049743/

And one or two of the spaghettis, of course.

Oooh, good shout. Anything with Lee Marvin is always a winner.

This for me.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0050086/?ref_=nv_sr_2

Although of the later variety of westerns, I'd go with

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0069436/

redgunamo
05-18-2016, 10:08 AM

I would too, in fairness.

Burney
05-18-2016, 10:10 AM
I would too, in fairness.

Yes. I mean it's well played and everything, but it's the fact that they seem to want to be admired and praised for this utter cynicism that winds me right up. That's just ****ing cheeky.

redgunamo
05-18-2016, 10:16 AM
Yes. I mean it's well played and everything, but it's the fact that they seem to want to be admired and praised for this utter cynicism that winds me right up. That's just ****ing cheeky.

Yeah, money only satisfies up to a point. You need love as well.

Sir C
05-18-2016, 10:16 AM
Yeah, money only satisfies up to a point. You need love as well.

Hippy nonsense.

Ash
05-18-2016, 10:20 AM
I'd forgive them all that if they weren't such ghastly boors.

They are South African as well as American?

My word.

redgunamo
05-18-2016, 10:26 AM
Hippy nonsense.

Not at all. The complete opposite, in fact.

redgunamo
05-18-2016, 10:28 AM
They are South African as well as American?

My word.

Some of them are

http://www.premierleague.com/content/dam/premierleague/shared-images/players/r/roy-wegerle/16191-lsh.jpg