PDA

View Full Version : Is AW serious about Olly being our no.1 striker next year? I love Olly, but whenever

Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult
05-17-2016, 08:38 PM
we don't win next year, he'll be the scapegoat which will make his confidence even worse.

Do you reckon AW is serious?

Or is he just saying that so we don't make Olly feel bad if we don't get a new striker cos they won't be sold or don't want to come?

Surely we need at least one MF (pref 2 given MA8, TR7 and Flam leaving.)

We need a goal scoring right winger (with Ox and Feo ****, and Welbz injured) and we need a striker, esp with Welbz injured and Feo ****.

I mean, what do we do? We can't have no striker on the bench, and if Olly gets injured that's no striker at all.

Surely we need these positions sorted.

If Feo and Ox stay, they'll just be scapegoats as will Olly if he's first choice.

eastgermanautos
05-18-2016, 01:13 AM
We're like frogs in the boiling water. He simply says whatever **** he feels like.

Ash
05-18-2016, 09:00 AM
Some might say that AW and the Mirror**** have been the frogs in boiling water.

Not me, though. I am not fond of such pejoratives.

redgunamo
05-18-2016, 10:53 AM
Some might say that AW and the Mirror**** have been the frogs in boiling water.

Not me, though. I am not fond of such pejoratives.

Giroud has just had a baby, I think. I understand it can be a difficult time. At least, one does hear some horror stories.

devongunner
05-18-2016, 11:38 AM
We came second so he will only buy Reece Oxford from W Ham for 12 million, pay him the same as Walcott and develop him in the same way he has Ox, Walcott. Ramsey, Chambers. After season ticket renewal time he will say that no one is available who can improve this team because we came second last year and it was only to Leicester which was a flash in the pan. This team can only improve especially Theo who was only just in the England squad as a 16 year old so we need to give him time. He wont want to upset the speerit by bringing any better players in or spending millions we don't have

SWv2
05-18-2016, 11:39 AM
No.

But then I hardly expect him to put his neck on the line and say Giroud will be replaced this summer. Why the transfer window has not even been opened yet.

Billy Goat Sverige
05-18-2016, 11:42 AM
No.

But then I hardly expect him to put his neck on the line and say Giroud will be replaced this summer. Why the transfer window has not even been opened yet.

In the same interview he said we're looking to sign a striker and Giroud will have to compete for his place.

#Welcome Morata

The Jorge
05-18-2016, 11:44 AM
In the same interview he said we're looking to sign a striker and Giroud will have to compete for his place.

#Welcome Morata

I want Pierre Numberwang

SWv2
05-18-2016, 11:47 AM

#Welcome Morata

Yes, that would both make sense and please me.

Billy Goat Sverige
05-18-2016, 11:48 AM
I want Pierre Numberwang

Wouldn't mind him or Higuain either. I imagine both of those will end up at clubs who spend silly money. Morata will probably be closer to the £30-35m mark.

SWv2
05-18-2016, 11:52 AM
Wouldn't mind him or Higuain either. I imagine both of those will end up at clubs who spend silly money. Morata will probably be closer to the £30-35m mark.

I thought I had read that Aubameyang was allegedly on his way to Real, so they will fund that by selling Morata to whoever, perhaps even us. The old domino effect as such.

Not sure where this leaves Benzema of course. PSG perhaps

Billy Goat Sverige
05-18-2016, 11:56 AM
I read something about Lacazette and PSG this morning. One thing is for sure, there will be strikers moving all over the place this summer. Chelsea will buy one, Utd will buy one, PSG will buy one, we'll buy one, Juve will buy one (if Morata goes), Real might buy one.

The Jorge
05-18-2016, 11:59 AM

Yeah, though I think the Higuain ship sailed.

Also, I do think he might not provide something different enough from Giroud, a plan b if you will, in comparisson to P-EA

Ash
05-18-2016, 12:03 PM
Yeah, though I think the Higuain ship sailed.

Also, I do think he might not provide something different enough from Giroud, a plan b if you will, in comparisson to P-EA

Surely Arsene will try to get a quick chap.

Billy Goat Sverige
05-18-2016, 12:05 PM
Surely Arsene will try to get a quick chap.

How quick are we talking? Morata is rather quick, although more Torres than Henry.

Ash
05-18-2016, 12:46 PM
How quick are we talking? Morata is rather quick, although more Torres than Henry.

Quicker than Olly. :hehe:

:-|

PSRB
05-18-2016, 01:02 PM
Yes, that would both make sense and please me.

I do like Giroud, just wish he was a teeny bit better at actually striking, his hold up play is excellent, great in the air and seems like a good egg to have around the club

The Jorge
05-18-2016, 01:04 PM
I do like Giroud, just wish he was a teeny bit better at actually striking, his hold up play is excellent, great in the air and seems like a good egg to have around the club

If he doesnt put bums on seats he at least makes some of them wet

redgunamo
05-18-2016, 01:07 PM

Odd for a Frenchman, isn't it. They do love a strike.

redgunamo
05-18-2016, 01:07 PM
Quicker than Olly. :hehe:

:-|

looooooooooooooooooooooooooooll.