PDA

View Full Version : You know all these enlightened folk in Allan-bothering countries who keep getting

Monty92
05-17-2016, 02:21 PM
imprisoned (and worse) for such crimes as blogging, listening to music, drinking alcohol, etc?

Well I don’t wish to victim blame, but….why on earth would you do any of those things when the consequences are so severe? Would you not make getting the **** out of the country and living somewhere civilised your first priority, before starting a ****ing blog?

Burney
05-17-2016, 02:24 PM
imprisoned (and worse) for such crimes as blogging, listening to music, drinking alcohol, etc?

Well I don’t wish to victim blame, but….why on earth would you do any of those things when the consequences are so severe? Would you not make getting the **** out of the country and living somewhere civilised your first priority, before starting a ****ing blog?

I know. Imagine getting yourself killed for a ****ing blog! You might as well risk death for writing graffiti, ffs!

Monty92
05-17-2016, 02:29 PM
I know. Imagine getting yourself killed for a ****ing blog! You might as well risk death for writing graffiti, ffs!

I understand that if you're in ISIS controlled territory, escaping is putting yourself at equal risk. But this is happening in countries like Iran and Bangladesh, where there's still relative freedom of movement.

It almost makes you wonder whether these people are caught in some sort of state of masochistic cognitive dissonance.

Burney
05-17-2016, 02:32 PM
Unfortunately, some people actually believe that being right will stop horrible, horrible things happening to them and result in a happy ending. :-(

I blame Hollywood.

Sir C
05-17-2016, 02:36 PM

But look at us, m. We live in a society where one wrong word can have you (admittedly metaphorically) tied to a stake and roasted by the sanctimonious social justice crowd, and we put up with it.

I told you what would happen when the came for BFR, but you all shouted me down.

You've made your bed, now lie in it. I shall not get into bed with you. Or I might get into bed, but if I do I'll do a ****.

Monty92
05-17-2016, 02:41 PM
But look at us, m. We live in a society where one wrong word can have you (admittedly metaphorically) tied to a stake and roasted by the sanctimonious social justice crowd, and we put up with it.

I told you what would happen when the came for BFR, but you all shouted me down.

You've made your bed, now lie in it. I shall not get into bed with you. Or I might get into bed, but if I do I'll do a ****.

Yes, there is an argument that ISIS and the West are not that far apart in terms of us both being cultural terrorists.