PDA

View Full Version : There has been a redundancy in my household

Pat Vegas
05-17-2016, 02:00 PM
Not myself.

But on the flip side we can now buy a house.

Burney
05-17-2016, 02:07 PM
Not myself.

:-( Oh, I'm sorry, f. Is she OK?

Pat Vegas
05-17-2016, 02:12 PM
Just found out about it. Will go on for a while first.
But it can be a positive. even if she doesn't find a new gig afterwards right away I can cover all the outgoings for the time being.

the package seems to be rather good.

The Jorge
05-17-2016, 02:13 PM
Not myself.

Oh dear, bad luck.

How's she taking it? Presumably you'll be thinking of getting another job before you spunk out the pay off on a house though.

Pat Vegas
05-17-2016, 02:14 PM
She was actually looking to leave, so I told her to keep that quiet :)

But i think we'll be fine. I can cover all the bills with my salary (barring something happening to my job)

The Jorge
05-17-2016, 02:17 PM

But i think we'll be fine. I can cover all the bills with my salary (barring something happening to my job)

What does she do? Presuming that's not too personal a question.

I'm assuming it's public sector as nowadays people generally just turn up to find the doors locked.

Pat Vegas
05-17-2016, 02:18 PM
She works in accounts for a very large company.

Which is good as it's rather universal.

Ash
05-17-2016, 02:18 PM

Sorry to hear the news. Obviously I can't speak for your circumstances, but her getting her another job would help with getting a mortgage, even if the payout helps with the deposit.

Burney
05-17-2016, 02:19 PM

:-) Good to see your positive outlook on this, f. You've grown. :thumbup:

Also, you can use it as a good excuse to kick the whole baby business down the road for a bit ;-)

Pat Vegas
05-17-2016, 02:20 PM
Sorry to hear the news. Obviously I can't speak for your circumstances, but her getting her another job would help with getting a mortgage, even if the payout helps with the deposit.

yep we would wait see how things go. It wouldn't be run down the bank. but if we can avoid using the money it will be a nice addition to the savings account.

Pat Vegas
05-17-2016, 02:24 PM
:-) Good to see your positive outlook on this, f. You've grown. :thumbup:

Also, you can use it as a good excuse to kick the whole baby business down the road for a bit ;-)

:thumbup: 10 characters